SportsWrath

Dragon's Game Review

Dragon

:mellow: Sorry... I stopped watching after a while cause I had to get up really early, but I did get to see the 1s and some of the 2s. Would've stayed up if it was regular season.

First and Foremost... NBC's coverage was beyond terrible.

QB: Eli played really well again... and that's without two of his best targets. My only gripes were his 1 or 2 bad throws and the offense's inability to get into the endzone. Manning's throws were on point and he showed great pocket presence. He showed great touch and placement especially on the 20 yard pass to Toomer over the defense and the pass to Matthews that was placed in the perfect spot to keep Vilma away from it. 17 for 25 146 Yards and a TD... pretty good stat line, but it doesn't tell the story. I know it's only preseason, but Eli has me excited about the G-Men this year. I just hope that Eli never gets injured, because if he does... :ph34r::cwy:

RB: I've been saying it since the first preseason game... Jacobs looks too tentative at times and then he runs over 90% of the defense. Can't complain though... cause the Jets looked worn out in the 2nd qtr. Droughns looked better and Bradshaw continues to impress me. I didn't see Grant (except on one Special Teams play), and according to NFL.com's stat line Ward didn't play.

WR: Even if the play didn't count, Tyree made a hell of a play on the 56 yarder. It's funny how NBC neglected to show Toomer's Offensive PI. :rolleyes: Aside from that one mistake on Toomer's part, he was once again Eli's saftey net. Anthony Mix played very well except for that one pass he short armed. Steve Smith had a few nice catches. I was hoping to see Moss with the ball in his hands more, but it didn't happen. :(

TE: THROW THE BALL TO SHOCKEY!!!! O... wait... he wasn't playing. Sorry Eli. Again, I'd like to see the TEs more involved in the offense than they currently are. Only three catches by Boss and Matthews combined.

OL: These guys played exceptionally well. Manning had all kinds of time, and he used it well. 2nd team wasn't all that great.

Defense: Let me get my negatives out of the way... McQuarters... WTF were you thinking biting on that terrible pump fake!? That is all. The defensive line looked incredible. I want Strahan to come back, but I don't want to force Tuck off of the field. He's a freakin monster! Kiwi showed that he's adjusting well to his new position and aside from Mitchell getting hurt, the LBs looked good as well. The secondary was kinda questionable. Incredible INT by Reed. :worshippy:

ST: What a difference a week makes. :furious: No further comment.

Overall: I'd give the first team a B. Had we actually scored all those times that Eli and the offense carved up the Jets defense, I would've given them an A. I can't grade anyone else because I wasn't paying that much attention. Penalties are still a problem as well. One more game... and then... hell shall be unleashed on the Dallas Cowboys.

B? Man you are one tough grader. Given the fact that Burress (10 TD 06) and Shockey (7 TD 06) were not in Eli (24 TD 06) was missing his top 2 red zone targets. I'll give a pass on the lack of TDs and the scoreboard would have been entirely different if our kicking game could work. The team definetaly needs to find someone to be a backup holder though, that punter didn't work.

My final grade would be a A-.

My grade is only a reflection of how disappointed I was in the fact that we just couldn't score. The offense played great and I would've given them an A had we actually put some points on the board.

My grade is only a reflection of how disappointed I was in the fact that we just couldn't score. The offense played great and I would've given them an A had we actually put some points on the board.

We played awesome between the "20's" <_ but for some damn reason i think the>red green zone has turned back to the red zone"

It sounded like they were thinking about using him as a TE/FB and ditching Douglas. I don't see them holding three TEs come Sept 1.

well why then have they not had him line up at FB. to see what he can do?I think they will keep 3 TE's If one goes down we will only have one . and with our injury track record as of late it would be safe to hold on to 3 TE's what we do not need is 3 QB's I don't see hasslecrap or wright on this team after thursday nights game against the Pat's

well why then have they not had him line up at FB. to see what he can do?I think they will keep 3 TE's If one goes down we will only have one . and with our injury track record as of late it would be safe to hold on to 3 TE's what we do not need is 3 QB's I don't see hasslecrap or wright on this team after thursday nights game against the Pat's

Agreed Manning and the throwboy will be the only two QBs on the 53 man roster.

I have no idea. I'm only going on what the commentators were saying during the game.

BTW Banks has severe Maddenitis. "They need to score on this drive. They can either do that by scoring a touchdown, or by kicking a field goal." Thanks for the heads-up Carl! :TU:

I have no idea. I'm only going on what the commentators were saying during the game.

BTW Banks has severe Maddenitis. "They need to score on this drive. They can either do that by scoring a touchdown, or by kicking a field goal." Thanks for the heads-up Carl! :TU:

LMAO!!!!

WR: Even if the play didn't count, Tyree made a hell of a play on the 56 yarder. It's funny how NBC neglected to show Toomer's Offensive PI. :rolleyes: Aside from that one mistake on Toomer's part, he was once again Eli's saftey net. Anthony Mix played very well except for that one pass he short armed. Steve Smith had a few nice catches. I was hoping to see Moss with the ball in his hands more, but it didn't happen. :(

I rewound and watched that play about 5 times. I still have no idea what they called on that play. Toomer lined up in the slot and ran an underneath slant. He never even touched the guy across from him. Then I looked for a pick of some kind......nothin. Totally phantom PI call. :rolleyes: