SportsWrath

Umps dont like the Yanks

so-cal dub

Right. And Yankee fans declaring the 98 Yankees the best EVER, when never having seen other teams they are compared to play, is not homerism?

I watched both the 86 Mets and 98 Yanks play, and although it's impossible to say who'd win a 7 game series, I do know it probably would be alot closer than any Yankee fan would ever admit.

And I still think Ray Knight would punch someone.

Not to quote Dub but having not been alive for the Yankees teams of the 50's or earlier I'd have to go with a team that won 114 games as the best I'd ever seen or heard of in recent times.

And for that matter it might not have been a 4 game sweep but the 98 Yankees would have beaten the 86 Mets anytime, anywhere..... despite Ray Knight punching anyone.

Not to quote Dub but having not been alive for the Yankees teams of the 50's or earlier I'd have to go with a team that won 114 games as the best I'd ever seen or heard of in recent times.

And for that matter it might not have been a 4 game sweep but the 98 Yankees would have beaten the 86 Mets anytime, anywhere..... despite Ray Knight punching anyone.

Let us not forget that the 1986 Mets won 108 games, or only 6 less than the 98 Yankees in a non expansion year. I know no one wants to acknowledge this fact, but the 1998 Yankees won those 114 games in a year where a new team was placed in their division. If you look at the increase of wins for teams atop divisions in years where a new team was added, this fact cannot be ignored. Taking nothing away from 114 wins, but there was a factor that year that normally would contribute in an increase in wins for division winning teams in that year.

One thing about the 86 Mets and all those Met teams of the 80's for that matter, who were 10 years late in benefitting from the WC. They had 5 good starters(6 i n1990) and in a short series with pitching like they had anything could have happened.

been there done that (see bottom pic in my sig)

I meant he was dangerously close to having another episode like that, as a Padre... It's just a matter of time. It will probably happen in the thick of the pennant race when all the pressure is on.

ray knight would punch nobody. he'd be scared shit that racist klan leader, Joe Torre, would have him lynched.

Perhaps Torre is part of Knight's klan. We all heard what Sheffield said... ;)

And I doubt that Ray Knight would be scared of anyone on that Yankee team.

I meant he was dangerously close to having another episode like that, as a Padre... It's just a matter of time. It will probably happen in the thick of the pennant race when all the pressure is on.

he's money in big spots so far, if he has a little blow up and still continues to hit .340 and drive in runs i'll take it

he's money in big spots so far, if he has a little blow up and still continues to hit .340 and drive in runs i'll take it

I hear ya. The problem with Bradley is he's capable of doing something REALLY stupid. I happen to like MB. He's passionate, and funny to watch when those big eyes bulge out in anger.