SportsWrath

Umps dont like the Yanks

so-cal dub

Has he been calling it consistently? Then thats all that really matters.

This was last night, or rather, early this morning for you guys. That was why Jorge was booted from the game, for arguing those calls...and of course also being provoked by the ump. And no it was not consistent at all.

Jeez, bitter much? Was one pitch going to make a difference? Last I checked the Padres got the broom in that series :unsure: .

no im seriously not bitter--the was a great season that i'll never forget and im not going to beat myself up over not beating the best team in baseball history. but if you remember, it was easily the turning point of the game and, as it turned out, the series. that totally took the wind out of their sails--obviously it's the pads fault for letting one bad call affect them for 3 more games, but it was still a horeshit call, it was a straight fastball right down the middle.

edit: while im not bitter about the series--you guys were obviously the better team--the call definitely irked the shit out of me at the time. we were going toe to toe with you guys up until then.

no im seriously not bitter--the was a great season that i'll never forget and im not going to beat myself up over not beating the best team in baseball history. but if you remember, it was easily the turning point of the game and, as it turned out, the series. that totally took the wind out of their sails--obviously it's the pads fault for letting one bad call affect them for 3 more games, but it was still a horeshit call, it was a straight fastball right down the middle.

edit: while im not bitter about the series--you guys were obviously the better team--the call definitely irked the shit out of me at the time. we were going toe to toe with you guys up until then.

it was definitely a bad call. And Kevin Brown was dealing in that game, but the Yanks were just insane that year. Nobody was going to beat them no matter what. They were argueably the greates team in the history of the game...defintely of the past 50 years

yeah i agree, even though i was an optimistic teenager i knew how big of an underdog they were going into that series, so to see them surprisingly look like legit competition for the yanks and then see it wiped away by that call was like being on a rollercoaster. i think gwynn had two jacks that game

it was definitely a bad call. And Kevin Brown was dealing in that game, but the Yanks were just insane that year. Nobody was going to beat them no matter what. They were argueably the greates team in the history of the game...defintely of the past 50 years

Ray Knight and the '86 Mets would have punched Derek Jeter and Co. in the mouth and scared the Yankees into submission.

yeah i agree, even though i was an optimistic teenager i knew how big of an underdog they were going into that series, so to see them surprisingly look like legit competition for the yanks and then see it wiped away by that call was like being on a rollercoaster. i think gwynn had two jacks that game

What I remember from that series was the way Padre fans treated their home team after the last game by giving them a long standing ovation until they came back out onto the field.

Stay classy, San Diego.

What I remember from that series was the way Padre fans treated their home team after the last game by giving them a long standing ovation until they came back out onto the field.

Stay classy, San Diego.

that's the way to do it. i feel the same way about the 2000 giants, i guess some people only want to remember that we lost the last game but i had a great time as a fan that year

they sure liked you guys in 98 when mark langston threw strike three right over the plate before tino's grand slam

:confused:

Strike three? I don't mean to correct you. But wasn't that pitch called Ball 3, and not strike 3. I mean, think about it...How would Tino Martinez hit that unbelievable Grand Slam if the pitch prior to him hitting the grand slam, was called strike 3?

:confused:

Strike three? I don't mean to correct you. But wasn't that pitch called Ball 3, and not strike 3. I mean, think about it...How would Tino Martinez hit that unbelievable Grand Slam if the pitch prior to him hitting the grand slam, was called strike 3?

he's saying it should have been strike 3, but was called a ball...it was a very questionable call to say the least...it was pretty much right down the center of the plate and thigh high.

that's the way to do it. i feel the same way about the 2000 giants, i guess some people only want to remember that we lost the last game but i had a great time as a fan that year

right on! we won 97 games that year!

right on! we won 97 games that year!

That was the year Bobby Jones pitched the game of his life in the NLDS.

I also remember Bonds striking out looking on a questionable pitch by Franco and looking at the ump like, "No way that chump can strike me out."

Now you're just being a homer. :ph34r:

Right. And Yankee fans declaring the 98 Yankees the best EVER, when never having seen other teams they are compared to play, is not homerism?

I watched both the 86 Mets and 98 Yanks play, and although it's impossible to say who'd win a 7 game series, I do know it probably would be alot closer than any Yankee fan would ever admit.

And I still think Ray Knight would punch someone.

That was the year Bobby Jones pitched the game of his life in the NLDS.

I also remember Bonds striking out looking on a questionable pitch by Franco and looking at the ump like, "No way that chump can strike me out."

i hardly think that's accurate. bonds could never hit franco. that one fact kept that gavon in the league.

yeah, too bad we didn't have milton bradly in 98.

he struck out last night and immediately broke his bat over his knee with a straight face. i love that guy

That guy is getting dangerously close to doing something stupid. It all started at Shea when he starting trash talking with fans. It's just a matter of time before this is him: :explode:

Right. And Yankee fans declaring the 98 Yankees the best EVER, when never having seen other teams they are compared to play, is not homerism?

I watched both the 86 Mets and 98 Yanks play, and although it's impossible to say who'd win a 7 game series, I do know it probably would be alot closer than any Yankee fan would ever admit.

And I still think Ray Knight would punch someone.

:LMAO: Sorry, I wasn't alive to watch the 1927 Yanks... the other greatest team in MLB history.

That guy is getting dangerously close to doing something stupid. It all started at Shea when he starting trash talking with fans. It's just a matter of time before this is him: :explode:

been there done that (see bottom pic in my sig)