SportsWrath

PFT on Tiki

xxi-xxv

If Tiki's goal was to light a fire under Eli, why wouldn't he have done it 3 years ago? I think we an all agree that when Tiki was here, he was considered a leader. Wouldn't a leader take it upon themselves to light a fire under the other players immediately, as opposed to waiting 3 years?

It just doesn't make any sense for Tiki to let his mouth run rampant other than to get attention. If he wanted to comment based upon past experiences, that's fine...but to use the word 'comical' or 'laughable' is erring too far on the side of degrading or demoralizing. Criticizing is okay while trashing is not. And then to go on a rant on his radio show with his brother was just immature and uncalled for.

It makes me laugh when he says: Don't ever, ever say I didn't leave 100% out on the feild because that's offensive.

OK......but I'm sure calling Eli's first ever offense motivational speach comical isn't offensive at all right Tiki?

They were taking childish shots at Eli on their radio show, which i found kind of sad.

Well, you got your opinions, I got mine. By your standards, you should cease and desist from ever commenting on the Giants again. I mean, if Tiki, a former player cant speak his mind on them, then It would be safe to say a man who never played a down shouldnt. :rolleyes:

Look, I agreed a mans money is his own business. But he wasnt telling him how to pay his bills, he was steppin in when Mike was being a schmuck.

Wow, you make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I use to feel bad for you in your arguements with Egg and Dog that were constantly factually incorrect, but statements like these make me wonder if you suffer some sort of mental problem.

If I were an employee of the New York Football Giants and talked shit about them, the players, co workers etc and stuck my beak in other employees matters, yes you are right I should stop. I am neither. In fact in my current work position I do neither. DO you? Sticking your two cents in another co workers, teamates, whatever money situation is a no no in all aspects of life. Tiki did this, its documented and it was wrong. Who says Strahan was being a schmuck? You? So that makes it fact. See any teammates saying shit about Mike now as he sits in California, bangs Eddie Murphy's ex wife and misses crucial preparation for the 2007 season? No! Why? Cause its not their business and you just do not do that.

This thread was to document how a league insider says that Tiki never cared about the Giants. Seems that his actions both now and in the past could lead us along this line of thinking. Let's just say that Tiki is not doing anything to dispel the notion.

I could care less what he says at this point about anything. The Giants, the NFL, life etc. Guy is a fucking self centered blowhard who has a very high opinion of himself. He was a great football player, thats about it.

Wow, you make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I use to feel bad for you in your arguements with Egg and Dog that were constantly factually incorrect, but statements like these make me wonder if you suffer some sort of mental problem.

If I were an employee of the New York Football Giants and talked shit about them, the players, co workers etc and stuck my beak in other employees matters, yes you are right I should stop. I am neither. In fact in my current work position I do neither. DO you? Sticking your two cents in another co workers, teamates, whatever money situation is a no no in all aspects of life. Tiki did this, its documented and it was wrong. Who says Strahan was being a schmuck? You? So that makes it fact. See any teammates saying shit about Mike now as he sits in California, bangs Eddie Murphy's ex wife and misses crucial preparation for the 2007 season? No! Why? Cause its not their business and you just do not do that.

This thread was to document how a league insider says that Tiki never cared about the Giants. Seems that his actions both now and in the past could lead us along this line of thinking. Let's just say that Tiki is not doing anything to dispel the notion.

I could care less what he says at this point about anything. The Giants, the NFL, life etc. Guy is a fucking self centered blowhard who has a very high opinion of himself. He was a great football player, thats about it.

1st off, go fuck yourself for the mental problem comment. :TU:

We could debate this all day, but the bottom line is, I am not getting so worked up over something I have no control over. I continue to like the guy, thats my perrogative. I make sense, if you dont understand, thats your problm. I addressed this numerous times that I respect your opinions, cause thats what they are, but you come in with this nonsense. Get a life.

1st off, go fuck yourself for the mental problem comment. :TU:

We could debate this all day, but the bottom line is, I am not getting so worked up over something I have no control over. I continue to like the guy, thats my perrogative. I make sense, if you dont understand, thats your problm. I addressed this numerous times that I respect your opinions, cause thats what they are, but you come in with this nonsense. Get a life.

Nonsense would be defined is saying that someone(me in this case) should not comment about the New York Giants because I never suited up and "played a down" as you say. This was never about Tiki criticizing the Giants, I as well as most could care less. This was about Tiki being about Tiki, to which you vehemently defended him for and thus said I should have no opinion because a)I never played and more importantly b)my opinion was different than yours. Do you realize how absurd your arguement was?

Here is what you have to ask yourself. If I were EGG and I was defending TO for calling out his former quarterback, calling out a teammates contract situation and calling out the coaches, would your arguement be the same? My guess, actually my strong assumption is no, it would not be.

Guess you have no problem with TO as a player. He has called out numerous coaches(Parcells and Reid and Mariucci) he has called out numerous Qb's(Garcia, McNabb and Bledsoe)talked about other teammates contracts(McNabb Jerry Rice). COme to think of it, TO has been very Tiki like in his actions, only he does not do it with a smile on his face and of course he is not and has never been a NY Giant, which in my assumption is why you would not defend him.

Nonsense would be defined is saying that someone(me in this case) should not comment about the New York Giants because I never suited up and "played a down" as you say. This was never about Tiki criticizing the Giants, I as well as most could care less. This was about Tiki being about Tiki, to which you vehemently defended him for and thus said I should have no opinion because a)I never played and more importantly b)my opinion was different than yours. Do you realize how absurd your arguement was?

Here is what you have to ask yourself. If I were EGG and I was defending TO for calling out his former quarterback, calling out a teammates contract situation and calling out the coaches, would your arguement be the same? My guess, actually my strong assumption is no, it would not be.

Guess you have no problem with TO as a player. He has called out numerous coaches(Parcells and Reid and Mariucci) he has called out numerous Qb's(Garcia, McNabb and Bledsoe)talked about other teammates contracts(McNabb Jerry Rice). COme to think of it, TO has been very Tiki like in his actions, only he does not do it with a smile on his face and of course he is not and has never been a NY Giant, which in my assumption is why you would not defend him.

Before I go any further on this, let me ask you a question. Do you really think that Tiki has caused as much turmoil as T.O.? Do you think he opened his mouth as much?

Of course he hasn't. He has not had the career TO has had or the talent TO has. The real question should be "If Tiki was as good as he was the last 3 or so seasons of his career for his entire career, would he have been like TO?"

Youre not following me. Im not comparing careers. The reason I asked, is because I wanna make sure were on the same page. xxiv, used T.O. as an example. If anyone thinks that Tiki opens his mouth as much as T.O., theyre crazy. So, before we go any further, I wanna know if anyone thinks that Tiki is as self promoting as T.O.

Before I go any further on this, let me ask you a question. Do you really think that Tiki has caused as much turmoil as T.O.? Do you think he opened his mouth as much?

Thats not the point, the question was asked that if TO a)called out a teammate 5 years ago(an all pro one at that)in regards to his contract b)announced his retirement mid season and c)called out his coaching staff repeatedly in the press would you defend his actions?

I will not even include this last episode as such as he is not longer a NYG.

Btw Tiki talks AS MUCH AS TO. Here is the difference, when Tiki is ramming it up your ass as a teammate, coach, etc he smiles and gives you a reach around, TO just punches you in the face.

Both are assholes, its just one has charm and charisma in being one.

Youre not following me. Im not comparing careers. The reason I asked, is because I wanna make sure were on the same page. xxiv, used T.O. as an example. If anyone thinks that Tiki opens his mouth as much as T.O., theyre crazy. So, before we go any further, I wanna know if anyone thinks that Tiki is as self promoting as T.O.

No you are not following me. As soon as Tiki had a career that was HOF worthy, when he showed talent that was far beyond the average NFL player his mouth opened. It just so happened that this mouth opened same time Coughlin came on board. Ironically enough Coughlin saved Tiki and his oh so important TV career. You see, if you can follow this, my question is if Tiki had been the dominant player he had been his final years, had had the kind of career success TO has had, would he have been so quiet the seasons he had before Coughlin fixed his fumbleitis? That is not comparing careers that is a damn good question as I see it.

No you are not following me. As soon as Tiki had a career that was HOF worthy, when he showed talent that was far beyond the average NFL player his mouth opened. It just so happened that this mouth opened same time Coughlin came on board. Ironically enough Coughlin saved Tiki and his oh so important TV career. You see, if you can follow this, my question is if Tiki had been the dominant player he had been his final years, had had the kind of career success TO has had, would he have been so quiet the seasons he had before Coughlin fixed his fumbleitis? That is not comparing careers that is a damn good question as I see it.

You can make a case he started opening his mouth early,when he called out STrahan in 02.

The roots of all this were started in offseason 1998-99 when Tiki began hosting some shows on WFAN.

As I type there are hundreds if not thousands of random guys and gals on the air right now trying to get their break. I never listened to him on WFAN so I can't say this with any degree of certainty but just starting being on the air isn't really breaking out.

The Strahan incident on the other hand.....well there are really only two ways to view that scenario. Either he was looking out for the team, or he was trying to APPEAR to be looking out for the team. A week ago I would have sworn is was the first choice.....now flip a coin and you have as good a chance as picking as I do.

As I type there are hundreds if not thousands of random guys and gals on the air right now trying to get their break. I never listened to him on WFAN so I can't say this with any degree of certainty but just starting being on the air isn't really breaking out.

The Strahan incident on the other hand.....well there are really only two ways to view that scenario. Either he was looking out for the team, or he was trying to APPEAR to be looking out for the team. A week ago I would have sworn is was the first choice.....now flip a coin and you have as good a chance as picking as I do.

WHat was he looking out for the team with though? Strahan was a proven ALL Pro. He was comin off a record setting year, he was looking to secure his future. Is that not what Tiki always talked about when leaving for TV? His future, security etc?

Like I said before, LT ALWAYS had contract issues, every year it seemed, his teammates, some much more accomplished then Barber never said a word. Tiki has a big mouth, plain and simple and loves to make everything about him. HE is still trying to make it about him, sadly he is succeeding.

I don't think he is succeeding. Living in the Tri-Metro area I know lots of Gmen fans.....being in a union construction trade I know a LOT of Gmen fans. And all think Tiki has been a total douche about this entire thing.

Sorry if I was not clear, what I mean is that Tiki is succeeding in making it all about him, even in retirement. He certainly is not succeeding in making Giants fans like him in retirement thats for shitting sure.

Ah yes you are absolutely right. But I think Eli really put him in his place....the comment about waiting for him to talk about a team besides the Giants really slammed him.

Well if you think about it, nobody is exactly asking him about other teams now. Since the Coughlin circus came to town, most of the media are desperate to get the inside scoop in the locker room. Tiki gives it to them. At half time of the game last week, Costas and Collinsworth came right out and asked him about Eli. Fact is that Tiki is actually pretty poor on TV, as I witnessed when he was on Leno a while back, so if you are going to protect his persona, you better ask him shit he knows or is willing to talk about.

he'll be gone as soon as the 'tiki says controversial things about the giants!' type of stories get stale--he has nothing else to lean on (like talent for instance)

I wouldn't say he'll be gone too quickly, it took how long to boot Theisman?

Thats not the point, the question was asked that if TO a)called out a teammate 5 years ago(an all pro one at that)in regards to his contract b)announced his retirement mid season and c)called out his coaching staff repeatedly in the press would you defend his actions?

I will not even include this last episode as such as he is not longer a NYG.

Btw Tiki talks AS MUCH AS TO. Here is the difference, when Tiki is ramming it up your ass as a teammate, coach, etc he smiles and gives you a reach around, TO just punches you in the face.

Both are assholes, its just one has charm and charisma in being one.

There, I got my answer.

Btw, Tiki talks NO WHERE NEAR as much as T.O., and to put it in better perspective, when has Tiki's talking destroyed a team? Never. T.O singlehandedly caused a team to disrupt from the inside, something Tiki's output never did. thats what I wanted to hear, because i couldnt figure out why Im the only one thinking like this. Now I know. Listen guys, I bleed blue like you do, and I know Tiki was a huge player to lose, esp. when he's still got plenty left in the tank. And it almost seems like our SB hopes were thwarted when he left. Its easy to place the blame on someone when we feel like we are in for a long season. Thats what I believe is going on here. Cause Tiki is NO WHERE NEAR T.O's fuckhead status.