SportsWrath

Nothing but bad news from Mets camp

Exit 117

From Metsblog.com,

09:52 PM - News: Some Drama in Mets Camp

...posted by D.J. Short...

MLB.com's Marty Noble details a pretty eventful day at Mets camp...

It's looking more and more likely that RHP Juan Padilla will need reconstructive surgery on his right elbow. After a discussion with the Mets primary physician, Noble reports that Padilla is on his way to Dr. Lewis Yocum, a noted surgeon, for a second opinion...

...ugh...just ugh...

1B Carlos Delgado returned to Florida from San Juan, P.R. to have his sore left elbow re-examined. Noble reports that Delgado will not play, for the Mets or Puerto Rico, until the pain in his elbow stops...

RHP Victor Zambrano also returned to Mets camp, from Orlando, to have his back examined by Dr. David Altchek. The injury is not believed to be serious, and Zambrano expects and is scheduled to pitch for Venezeula on Monday in the WBC...

Noble also addresses two Mets players, OF Cliff Floyd and LHP Tom Glavine, who were upset at some off-the-field events this week...

Floyd, who has been open with the media regarding the situation with his kidney, was angered upon learning a member of the media had contacted his father for insight on a story...

...pretty shameful, i think...i mean, i can certainly understand trying to scoop someone, but that's just taking it too far...

Meanwhile, Glavine addressed the transcripts of Braves GM John Schuerholz's new book "Built to Win..."

"My situation was private and should have remained private," Noble quoted Glavine...

...fair enough...negotiations and the events of them should remain private, at least from my view...as noble points out though, this could possibly effect glavine's desire to return to atlanta at the end of this year...but that's a road we dont want to go down right now...one season at a time...

...this is quite an enjoyable narrative of the day at camp by noble...nice...