SportsWrath

Joba C

K3VIN

You can add a 1,2,3 inning against the likes of Sheffield, Ordonez and Guillen.

Striking out ordonez and Guillen.

Fuck those who say he's overhyped. This guy is doing it and doing it against some great players.

yeah and also, I believe he faced Guillen, Ordonez and Sheffield 2 time each in 2 days so so much for hitters making adjustments once theyve seen him.

Look, I play baseball. Just had a game last nihgt and there are pitchers in this league that Ive been facing for the past 10 years and theyre just as nasty now as they were when I first faced them..and Ive faced these guys litterally, hundreds of time. If a guy has nasty stuff and command of it, its going to be very difficult to hit. Im not comparing anyone to Mo, but they guy has been throwin 1 pitch for the past 10 years and is still ridiculously successful

No doubt in my mind you have to approach him as the future set up man/closer. He could take over Mo's job one day. I cringe at the thought of trying to find a closer to come close for the Yankees escpecially with the current overblow everything NY media. I think there is no debate that he is a future closer because the Yankees have Hughes and Kennedy as young starters. We maybe could debate reliever or starter if we didn't have Hughes and Kennedy. But since we do, you have to try and groom your own closer because they handle the media.

yeah and also, I believe he faced Guillen, Ordonez and Sheffield 2 time each in 2 days so so much for hitters making adjustments once theyve seen him.

Look, I play baseball. Just had a game last nihgt and there are pitchers in this league that Ive been facing for the past 10 years and theyre just as nasty now as they were when I first faced them..and Ive faced these guys litterally, hundreds of time. If a guy has nasty stuff and command of it, its going to be very difficult to hit. Im not comparing anyone to Mo, but they guy has been throwin 1 pitch for the past 10 years and is still ridiculously successful

Who do you play for Make? I saw Don Mattingly in a Regional High School game hit a line drive that i don't believe came off the ground more than 5 feet and hit the right field fence. I also was in the stadium to see Mantle and Maris hit home runs. I believe 54 & 56. As I recall Mick went down the next day or day after & was done for the season.

I posted earlier about this kid. He has been lights out. And I expect him to be a starter next year. Does anyone have the skinny on Ian Kennedy?

I've been following these prospects for a couple years in the minors. They keep saying kennedy is supposed to be better than Hughes. He's not a big guy like Chamberlain or Hughes. He's like 6 feet 190 pounds.

In the minors this year he is 12-2 with a 1.82 ERA 143 innings 153 K's.

I heard Cashman say at the trading deadline he didn't want to trade Kennedy for Gagne because he plans on using him in the rotation next year.

I've been following these prospects for a couple years in the minors. They keep saying kennedy is supposed to be better than Hughes. He's not a big guy like Chamberlain or Hughes. He's like 6 feet 190 pounds.

I heard Cashman say at the trading deadline he didn't want to trade Kennedy for Gagne because he plans on using him in the rotation next year.

Thanks Plow, how are you? Haven't heard from you in quite awhile.

No doubt in my mind you have to approach him as the future set up man/closer. He could take over Mo's job one day. I cringe at the thought of trying to find a closer to come close for the Yankees escpecially with the current overblow everything NY media. I think there is no debate that he is a future closer because the Yankees have Hughes and Kennedy as young starters. We maybe could debate reliever or starter if we didn't have Hughes and Kennedy. But since we do, you have to try and groom your own closer because they handle the media.

the yankees have humberto sanchez, he will be the next closer. They also have ,mark melancon, jb cox and I believe dellin betances will be better as a set up man/closer. Kennedy is not that good. He projects to be a very solid number 4, Joba a number 1. Plus if Sanchez cant hack it, there are a number of up coming FA closers the Yankees can sign..Joe Nathan comes to mind first. Front line starting pitchers are alot harder to get than closers, if you have one, you keep him, its that simple.

Who do you play for Make? I saw Don Mattingly in a Regional High School game hit a line drive that i don't believe came off the ground more than 5 feet and hit the right field fence. I also was in the stadium to see Mantle and Maris hit home runs. I believe 54 & 56. As I recall Mick went down the next day or day after & was done for the season.

Im 29 years old Charlie, I play in an ametuer wooden bat mens league. I never stopped playing baseball..only a=for a few years in my late teens/early 20's because I fucked up my life at the time..but once I got back on track, I got back into baseball. Honestly, I think I could have been in the majors if I didnt make some of the decisions I made whn I was younger...a few guys who I played with are in the major leagues and I was better than them

plow, where did you hear than kennedy was better than hughes? thats insane and completely false. Hughes projects to be a 1 or a 2 at the very least. Kennedy, a 3 or a 4, most likely a 4.

oh, its nice to have you back here plow. where have you been?

The man (creature's) right, as soon as Papelbon pretty much committed to the closer's role, we were set for the next 10 years. It's a good feeling, having a franchise closer, as long as he's not babied as much as Papelbon in Gagne situations. But yah, Chamberlain, I feel that you gotta give the guy a chance as a starter since Rivera will probably be resigned and figure out the closer situation whenever it pops up. If he can cut it as a starter, give him a chance.

the yankees have humberto sanchez, he will be the next closer. They also have ,mark melancon, jb cox and I believe dellin betances will be better as a set up man/closer. Kennedy is not that good. He projects to be a very solid number 4, Joba a number 1. Plus if Sanchez cant hack it, there are a number of up coming FA closers the Yankees can sign..Joe Nathan comes to mind first. Front line starting pitchers are alot harder to get than closers, if you have one, you keep him, its that simple.

I hear there are legitimate questions about Sanchez's health and longevity... he just had tommy johns right?

Reminds me of a Bartolo Colon type.

You're mad. You dont throw a kid who has the potential to be another Clemens in the bullpen. He has 4 pitches I believe, that are dead on. He would be very valuable as a starter over a closer.

It's a good thing Philip Hughes doesn't have "directions."

Kid is going to be a star, Hughes that is.

youre right, with all the joba hype, phil has slipped under the radar. Phil is nasty. Minus the 5 walks last night, which I attribute to him being pumped up for his home town debut, he was filthy. If he gets a few calls and Cano gets to that ball he should have gotten to, then his line would have looked alot better, still only 4 hits to a pretty good offensive team in 6.1+ innings. And he left the game with the lead.

youre right, with all the joba hype, phil has slipped under the radar. Phil is nasty. Minus the 5 walks last night, which I attribute to him being pumped up for his home town debut, he was filthy. If he gets a few calls and Cano gets to that ball he should have gotten to, then his line would have looked alot better, still only 4 hits to a pretty good offensive team in 6.1+ innings. And he left the game with the lead.

The thing I have with Hughes, guy has BEEN money on the road. Has been

hit at home a bit, needs a little bit more work with Guidry and he will be lights

out.

What I thought was so incredibly stupid thing to say by Cashman was

that Joba has "directions." Ugh.

You're mad. You dont throw a kid who has the potential to be another Clemens in the bullpen. He has 4 pitches I believe, that are dead on. He would be very valuable as a starter over a closer.

His fastball and slider are dead on, he needs some work on his curve and one other pitch I can't recall.

The thing I have with Hughes, guy has BEEN money on the road. Has been

hit at home a bit, needs a little bit more work with Guidry and he will be lights

out.

What I thought was so incredibly stupid thing to say by Cashman was

that Joba has "directions." Ugh.

Hughes turned 21 a little over a month ago, he needs some fine tuning, but id say he could be one of the top 10 pitchers in baseball by 2009.

as for cashmans comments on chamberlain, poor choice of words, I agree; theyre just being careful with him. After what happened to Mark Prior teams are very leary of over working young pitchers. Cant really blame them for that

In today's game, he just might be as valuable as a closer. Maybe even more so, especially if the Yankees' other young starters are as good as advertised. Starters just don't go long anymore, so why not make sure you have someone who's near automatic to close them out? It has worked for the Yankees for over a decade. This guy could help the team win almost every night instead of every 5 days.