SportsWrath

Congrats Barry

Barry Bonds was a great player that did what many other players did, he used roids. It made a great player the best on the planet. Bonds was a great player on roids and that cannot be forgotten. A true 5 tool player in his day.

Congrats Barry.

I don't know if that's true. I think by the letter of the law, the IRS could assess and tax the value of the ball but they probably would wait until he transfers ownership or dies. If he has monetary gains by having it in his possession (i.e. public showings and such), they may decide to collect tax on it. I don't think it's an absolute.

I don't know if that's true. I think by the letter of the law, the IRS could assess and tax the value of the ball but they probably would wait until he transfers ownership or dies. If he has monetary gains by having it in his possession (i.e. public showings and such), they may decide to collect tax on it. I don't think it's an absolute.

Obviously if he makes money off it i can understand it, but it is just a ball. if wants to keep it and display it on a shelf and pass it on to his kids i don't think they should be able to tax it. how many family heirlooms are passed along without having to pay taxes.

Obviously if he makes money off it i can understand it, but it is just a ball. if wants to keep it and display it on a shelf and pass it on to his kids i don't think they should be able to tax it. how many family heirlooms are passed along without having to pay taxes.

it's a tough world out there, veeg.

the irs would never get away with that. as long as he receives no money or anything of value off of or in connection to that ball they have no legal grounds to tax him

Yeah but wouldn't it be like property tax like a car?

Tax laws and the irs are gay.