SportsWrath

Joe Morgan

feefifoefum

Last night, after Luis Castillo almost misplayed a wind blown pop up, he said that it's not easy for guys who come over from the AL to play at Wrigley because they are not familiar with the conditions and how it affects pop ups in that area.

Luis Castillo played for the Marlins for 10 seasons, and hit the infamous "Bartman" pop up...

He then said, " it's not just the wind, there is something else in that area that affects the ball, like wind..." :confused:

And I am almost positive that I heard this...

After the cameras showed someone holding a towel over Glavine's head, Miller asked Morgan, "What's in that towel, Joe?" Morgan replied, "It's either AMMONIA, or ice."

Did anyone else hear that? Oh please, tell me you did.

Last night, after Luis Castillo almost misplayed a wind blown pop up, he said that it's not easy for guys who come over from the AL to play at Wrigley because they are not familiar with the conditions and how it affects pop ups in that area.

Luis Castillo played for the Marlins for 10 seasons, and hit the infamous "Bartman" pop up...

He then said, " it's not just the wind, there is something else in that area that affects the ball, like wind..." :confused:

After the cameras showed someone holding a towel over Glavine's head, Miller asked Morgan, "What's in that towel, Joe?" Morgan replied, "It's either AMMONIA, or ice."

Also the same guy who said during the MLB opener "OH NO, OH NO"

after Rolen lined a ball into Jose Valentin's glove for a double play.

It's like listening to stupid in stereo.

Ammonia is in towels but otherwise he is a complete moron. He even claimed to have his first hit, a game winner he says, against the Phillies during their horrendous choke year in 64 contributing to their fall from first place in the last 10 games of the season. It was pointed out that his first hit was against the Phillies in 63 and Houston did not play the Phillies in those last 10 games in 64. When this was brought to his attention he acted like no one said anything. ESPN said he would retract those statements the following week. It's been almost 3 and he has said nothing.

All this and more Joe Morgan bashing including the Castillo lie he told last night can be found in Phil Mushnick's column in the NY post. Usually on Mondays.

Ammonia is in towels but otherwise he is a complete moron. He even claimed to have his first hit, a game winner he says, against the Phillies during their horrendous choke year in 64 contributing to their fall from first place in the last 10 games of the season. It was pointed out that his first hit was against the Phillies in 63 and Houston did not play the Phillies in those last 10 games in 64. When this was brought to his attention he acted like no one said anything. ESPN said he would retract those statements the following week. It's been almost 3 and he has said nothing.

All this and more Joe Morgan bashing including the Castillo lie he told last night can be found in Phil Mushnick's column in the NY post. Usually on Mondays.

I just read about Damion Easley cooling down with an ammonia soaked towel. I guess Morgan gets a pass on that one. I had never heard of this and thought Morgan might have been drinking ammonia when he said it. Perhaps there is a different form of the stuff that you can put on your body, but when I hear ammonia, I'm thinking toilet cleaner.