SportsWrath

THE STRAHAN HATE WAGON NOW BOARDING

boohyah

seems like we have a lot of passengers looking for a ride round these parts.

JEEZ!!! :doh:

I don't hate him. I'm just a little disapointed he's doing this at this time of year. Couldn't he have done it earlier?

I still like the big fella.

I just want to see him get one more sack as a Giant. :worshippy:

Holding out is a part of the game these days. It's business... no big deal.

Thank you. If he retires, he retires. If he comes back, good. But either way we'll move on. it's just amazing how much crap he seems to be taking. The guy has been with us for 14 years. People talk about well it's easy to be loyal when you're getting paid millions, well fact is Strahan could have gone to a lot of teams and made millions. Brett Favre has been pulling his retirement shit down in Green Bay for the last few years, and I've seen some on here give him a pass, because well...he's Brett Farve. Difference is Favre's performances have dropped off a whole lot in the last few years and Strahans hasn't to that extent. In fact he's still the best DE we have.

I don't hate him. I'm just a little disapointed he's doing this at this time of year. Couldn't he have done it earlier?

Nem, when exactly would have been a good time for this?. Before the draft, perhaps. But for a team who last year took a defensive end when they needed help elsewhere and this year took a corner when things were more pressing at linebacker, considering that line of thinking it wouldn't have mattered.

I boarded the train yesterday. This is not good for this team. This is horrible for the team. This should have been an issue earlier in the off season. Not before and during training camp. This is a selfish move. If I were Reece, I would tell him to go fly a kite.

I boarded the train yesterday. This is not good for this team. This is horrible for the team. This should have been an issue earlier in the off season. Not before and during training camp. This is a selfish move. If I were Reece, I would tell him to go fly a kite.

I think Reese is already saying that. Plus Reese could have kept his mouth shut with the " we can win without him comment". I know that if I was at work and I heard my boss say it about me, I'd be pissed.

Your wife could be the kindest, most loving, beautiful, greatest woman on Earth, but the day she cheats on you she's a low-down, dirty, filthy whore.

Not spoken from experience, by the way... ^_^

You know what? You make a good point.

Nem, when exactly would have been a good time for this?. Before the draft, perhaps. But for a team who last year took a defensive end when they needed help elsewhere and this year took a corner when things were more pressing at linebacker, considering that line of thinking it wouldn't have mattered.

I understand what you're saying. But he is a leader on this team. Do real leader pull this kind of shit?

I understand what you're saying. But he is a leader on this team. Do real leader pull this kind of shit?

Not really, but that was my point with Favre, 2 seasons in a row the guy al but said he was retiring only to pull back and say no, and last year he was worse because he dragged the Packers right through the summer. But overall, he got away with it and it's good ole Brett Favre again. Now wouldn't you say he's a leader too?. I guess my point is leader or not, no matter what the timimg was, Strahan was going to be called out.

Not really, but that was my point with Favre, 2 seasons in a row the guy al but said he was retiring only to pull back and say no, and last year he was worse because he dragged the Packers right through the summer. But overall, he got away with it and it's good ole Brett Favre again. Now wouldn't you say he's a leader too?. I guess my point is leader or not, no matter what the timimg was, Strahan was going to be called out.

Actually, I think Favre really soiled his reputation with that shit the last few years. I thought Green Bay should have cut him, too.

Everyone here loves Strahan, but just because he's been a great Giant doesn't give him the right to use that as blackmail to get a few more dollars at the very end of his career. Strahan has been great, but in the last 3 years he's played 1 full season, missing a half season the other 2 and he's looking for a raise? If the coaches wouldn't have committed to kiwi at LB he wouldn't be pulling this shit but i still say let Stra have his walking papers and give Tuck/Joseph a shot at doing something and earning a future spot. At least we would knopw what they got for future reference.

It isn't hate, and like I said in the other thread, if we weren't fresh the Tiki shit I'm sure fans and the coaches would be a little gentler on him, but the fans are sick of it and the orginization isn't going to be held hostage because a guy wasn'r smart enough to sign a prenup.

Yeah football is a buisiness, but so is my job, and what do you think would happen if i told my boss i was not going to show up until i got a raise?

I think Reese is already saying that. Plus Reese could have kept his mouth shut with the " we can win without him comment". I know that if I was at work and I heard my boss say it about me, I'd be pissed.

GOOD that maybe the incentive he needs. maybe he will have something to prove to Mara on the field this year. That he is worth what he is looking for . It's not the Organization's fault Strahan pissed away his money , married a bitch with no pre-nup and had her take a lot of what he had ,plus making him pay crazy child support and alimony .Now he wants the Organization to bail him out. I don't know about you but I think the ticket price is already too high to go watch a game . in other words why should we as fans have to pay for Strahan's monetary fuck up. he did it to himself. What about all his endorsements? how much is he pulling in from them ? If he Retires how many endorser's will drop him? He is going to dig himself a hole or dig his hole deeper I should say.

Look I love Strahan as a Giant and as a person in general but this whole money situation is what I don't like. It is making ugly head's rise. and it is ashame really I want to see him get his ring

still my favorite giant, this shit is just how it is in sports these days--gotta accept it

Before killing him for being selfish, maybe people should evaluate how selfish he really is, or consider what selfish means in terms of todays football. Strahan talked to the Giants in March, they held firm to the contract which is their right, but what's to say they couldn't throw him a bone. Seeing freeney make all that money can't make him happy either. I just think all things should be considered before burying him.

i dont think strahan should be wanting more money, an extension i could understand, but a flat out raise just cuz freeney got paid is a tad unreasonable IMO--he's the one who wanted all that money upfront back in 2002 or whatever when he was negotiating the extension and tiki opened his big mouth, so he basically already got paid big and now there's barely anything left in his deal. freeney got his big contract just like strahan got his a few years ago. but none of this pisses me off or makes me not like the guy anymore, he's been on the team since i started watching full-time and i know he'll end up playing anyway. as long as he plays and produces he's cool with me

GOOD that maybe the incentive he needs. maybe he will have something to prove to Mara on the field this year. That he is worth what he is looking for . It's not the Organization's fault Strahan pissed away his money , married a bitch with no pre-nup and had her take a lot of what he had ,plus making him pay crazy child support and alimony .Now he wants the Organization to bail him out. I don't know about you but I think the ticket price is already too high to go watch a game . in other words why should we as fans have to pay for Strahan's monetary fuck up. he did it to himself. What about all his endorsements? how much is he pulling in from them ? If he Retires how many endorser's will drop him? He is going to dig himself a hole or dig his hole deeper I should say.

Look I love Strahan as a Giant and as a person in general but this whole money situation is what I don't like. It is making ugly head's rise. and it is ashame really I want to see him get his ring

You're not paying for his monetary fuck up. You're paying for that nice new stadium going up next door and for all those luxury boxes you won't get to sit in, and if not there then into the Mara's pockers. As TV contract money goes up, so does the salary cap. That's what's paying the players salary.

Before killing him for being selfish, maybe people should evaluate how selfish he really is, or consider what selfish means in terms of todays football. Strahan talked to the Giants in March, they held firm to the contract which is their right, but what's to say they couldn't throw him a bone. Seeing freeney make all that money can't make him happy either. I just think all things should be considered before burying him.

What good are contracts when people won't honor them? Why bother? What kind of bone should they have thrown him? Reworked his contract and cave in? This is what people hate about sports, millionaires complaining about not making enough money. As a free agent, i say get everything you can from whoever offers the most, but if you're under contract, a copntract you agreed to, then shut up and play.

Well that true...I guess we have to realize that all the NY media wants to do is to sell news papers.

Can I ring the bell?

What makes you think Brett isn't an asshole for pulling that on Green Bay? I bet there's people in Green Bay bald from pulling their hair out over his annual nonsense. Besides, he usually makes his decision months earlier than this. Do you want to go through that with Strahan?

For that matter, what makes you think the Giants didn't have a need at corner? I think a lot of the problems had to do with the system, but even I don't think picking up a defensive back on the first day was a bad idea.

They've drafted two (2) linebackers in the past two years. They drafted a de/lb in 2004 (Torbor) and put him in a LB. They've also hired 4 FA linebackers since 2005. One of the FA was definitely a mistake, and Short was pretty much at the end of the line as well--let's see what Mitchell can do. But they have been trying to shore up the linebackers, just not very well. If they knew Strahan was retiring, don't you think they might have drafted a LB higher this year? Maybe not, they might have more faith in Tuck than we think; but at least the option would be there.

And let's not get all choked up about Strahan re-signing with the Giants--when he signed that contract, he became the highest paid defensive lineman in the league at that time. And you know what? Back then, it was worth it. It strangled our cap space, he's really only played 4 out of the past five years, and only 3 of them at a probowl level, but it was worth it. But let's not kid ourselves thinking we got the "team player" discount, either.

If he can stay on the field he's still a good player. Sadly, at this point, that's a big if. But how sorry do you expect we should be because he only has $8 million left for two years on a $46 million contract?

He could have had more in the beginning, if he had structured it differently, but he got what he wanted, and now that's not good enough.

Strahan has been a great player for us, and I'm appreciative of all he's done for the team and francise.

But this is a total shit move on his part.

This about sums it up for me. I love him for what he's done for us, buthe's bein a prick rite now.

Can I ring the bell?

What makes you think Brett isn't an asshole for pulling that on Green Bay? I bet there's people in Green Bay bald from pulling their hair out over his annual nonsense. Besides, he usually makes his decision months earlier than this. Do you want to go through that with Strahan?

For that matter, what makes you think the Giants didn't have a need at corner? I think a lot of the problems had to do with the system, but even I don't think picking up a defensive back on the first day was a bad idea.

They've drafted two (2) linebackers in the past two years. They drafted a de/lb in 2004 (Torbor) and put him in a LB. They've also hired 4 FA linebackers since 2005. One of the FA was definitely a mistake, and Short was pretty much at the end of the line as well--let's see what Mitchell can do. But they have been trying to shore up the linebackers, just not very well. If they knew Strahan was retiring, don't you think they might have drafted a LB higher this year? Maybe not, they might have more faith in Tuck than we think; but at least the option would be there.

And let's not get all choked up about Strahan re-signing with the Giants--when he signed that contract, he became the highest paid defensive lineman in the league at that time. And you know what? Back then, it was worth it. It strangled our cap space, he's really only played 4 out of the past five years, and only 3 of them at a probowl level, but it was worth it. But let's not kid ourselves thinking we got the "team player" discount, either.

If he can stay on the field he's still a good player. Sadly, at this point, that's a big if. But how sorry do you expect we should be because he only has $8 million left for two years on a $46 million contract?

He could have had more in the beginning, if he had structured it differently, but he got what he wanted, and now that's not good enough.

Very, very well said. :TU: