SportsWrath

Yankees trade Proctor

gateb

guess the gagne deal's in place, plus they're calling up chamberlain. betimet could be a-rod's replacement too should they choose not to sign him

yeah thats what im thinking about betemit.

apparently there's been a 180 on the whole gagne thing, he's going to be a Red Sock pending him waiving his no-trade clause.

if they wind up with Dye and Gagne i think that essentially ensures them the division.

yeah thats what im thinking about betemit.

apparently there's been a 180 on the whole gagne thing, he's going to be a Red Sock pending him waiving his no-trade clause.

if they wind up with Dye and Gagne i think that essentially ensures them the division.

i dont know, the sox dont have the worst bullpen in the world, and dye hasn't had that great of a season. besides, where does he play? are the sox going to bench someone making 15 mil? the only explanation i can think of is that ortiz is still hurt and wont be getting better anytime soon so dye will end up dh-ing

i dont know, the sox dont have the worst bullpen in the world, and dye hasn't had that great of a season. besides, where does he play? are the sox going to bench someone making 15 mil? the only explanation i can think of is that ortiz is still hurt and wont be getting better anytime soon so dye will end up dh-ing

yeah, its hard to imagine what the sox are gonna do with 4 OFs... unless they somehow manage to get Drew or Coco in the Gagne deal.

edit:

In an update for FOXSports.com, Ken Rosenthal writes that talks between the Red Sox and White Sox regarding OF Jermaine Dye have ‘seemingly dead.’

That answers those questions

A-Rod isn't going anywhere. The Yankees are the only team that can afford his ass. And Procto sealed his deal the last 3-4 times he pitched. He stunk!!

I don't know much about Betamit but the young arms - Joba, Hughes and Kennedy prolly all will be brought up soon.

Proctor has been Torre's butt boy for far too long. He is over worked and terrible now, at this point in the season. Had he been used right, this trade would be stupid. But it's pretty much a level petty trade leaning towards us. We can get rid of Cairo, though he has been helpful to us, but not near what Betetmit can be for us. As replacement for ARod, dont make me laugh, that is the press at their best.

I am ecstatic Cashman didnt give away any of our 3 stud prospects for someone like Gagne.

Who was saying Betamit would take A-Rod's place. You've got to be kidding me.

A-Rod who is the ONLY player to hit 35 or more homers and have over 100 RBIs in 10 staright years being replaced by a back up? Please. Cairo still looks better although he is several years older.

Cairo in 12 seasons - .267 BA with 290 RBIs

Betamit - 5 seasons - .263 BA with 102 RBIs

Cairo averaged 24 RBIs per year

Betamit averaged less than 21 so what's the big deal here?

And you would put Betamit for A-Rod? Give me a break.

Who was saying Betamit would take A-Rod's place. You've got to be kidding me.

A-Rod who is the ONLY player to hit 35 or more homers and have over 100 RBIs in 10 staright years being replaced by a back up? Please. Cairo still looks better although he is several years older.

Cairo in 12 seasons - .267 BA with 290 RBIs

Betamit - 5 seasons - .263 BA with 102 RBIs

Cairo averaged 24 RBIs per year

Betamit averaged less than 21 so what's the big deal here?

And you would put Betamit for A-Rod? Give me a break.

no one is better than a-rod, but take a look around the rest of the league. there aren't that many good 3b around and if a-rod leaves you'll join the rest of us 95% of the league who doens't have a great player at the hot corner. wilson betimit could start for quite a few teams at 3b, obviously you'd want someone better next season, but that goes for most positions on most teams.

as far as your comparisons go, cairo was a starter at the beginning of his careerwith the cards and betimit has always been a utility man--cairo wasn't a utility man till he came to the yanks. a better way to look at it would be by number of at bats, not number of seasons. no one's saying that betimit is a great player or anywhere near arod, but he definitely has more pop than cairo

no one is better than a-rod, but take a look around the rest of the league. there aren't that many good 3b around and if a-rod leaves you'll join the rest of us 95% of the league who doens't have a great player at the hot corner. wilson betimit could start for quite a few teams at 3b, obviously you'd want someone better next season, but that goes for most positions on most teams.

as far as your comparisons go, cairo was a starter at the beginning of his careerwith the cards and betimit has always been a utility man--cairo wasn't a utility man till he came to the yanks. a better way to look at it would be by number of at bats, not number of seasons. no one's saying that betimit is a great player or anywhere near arod, but he definitely has more pop than cairo

never knew anything about Betemit. Now, vegemite...

Too bad we cant send Farnsworth to the Chinese to put into dog food.