SportsWrath

Mets set to acquire Luis Castillo

gateb

Cool.

I think we got the catcher we sent to them from the rangers for victor diaz last year, so he can't be that great. And the OF'er looks like he is decent but it's still peanuts right now. Good move, omar.

How long does he have on his contract? I really thought we were OK at 2nd with Rubin..... but when you get Castillo for a pair of mediocre Class A players, how can you pass that up.

He's a free agent next year. Omar said they were going to look at him in the off season anyway. Now they get to see what they have first.

I got an issue with Castillo's comments when he learned of the trade. But I guess he's entitled to say that.

He's a free agent next year. Omar said they were going to look at him in the off season anyway. Now they get to see what they have first.

I got an issue with Castillo's comments when he learned of the trade. But I guess he's entitled to say that.

What were his comments? I haven't heard.

His comments were pretty reasonable. I'm sure he'd settled in at Minnesota and was just dissapointed to leave as many of us would be.

However, when the Mets tried to get him from Florida a couple offseasons ago he did have something to say about our team and its fans.