SportsWrath

Just read several best heavyweights of all time list

charlietags

Sorry but that is such donkey dust. Ali though a great one was beaten by Ken Norton, Larry Holmes (Knocked him out) Leon Spinks & Trevor Berbick - Joe Frazier was a great one. But Spinks and Berbick?

Alli was 56-5-0 with 37 KOs

Rocky Marciano who gets my vote was 49-0 with 43 KOs.

Sorry but that is such donkey dust. Ali though a great one was beaten by Ken Norton, Larry Holmes (Knocked him out) Leon Spinks & Trevor Berbick - Joe Frazier was a great one. But Spinks and Berbick?

Alli was 56-5-0 with 37 KOs

Rocky Marciano who gets my vote was 49-0 with 43 KOs.

"Everytime they talk about boxing whites wanna pull Rocky Marciano out they ass...." :LMAO:

"...but he did whoop Joe Louis' ass!"

"Shit Joe Louis was 83 when he fought Rocky!"

:LMAO:

Marciano was a BEAST...but Ali was mr. excitement. The Greatest attraction. Either you hated him or loved him. And at that time there was NO heavyweight as fast as him....Ali changed the game. Although Rocky was a devastating puncher (and a great) he just was 'vanilla'. Ali had a mouth, Ali had flash and Ali was a 'rapper'.

Ali, Marciano, Joe Louis....

(where would you rank Iron Mike Tyson?...to me, Tyson was top 20)

honestly i dont know if i could pick 10 who are better than tyson, so maybe even top ten.

no order:

ali

marciano

lewis

frazier

dempsey

patterson

holyfield

foreman

im sure im missing a few people. i wouldn't put lennox lewis in the top ten though, i like tyson better

honestly i dont know if i could pick 10 who are better than tyson, so maybe even top ten.

I wouldn't put lennox lewis in the top ten though, I like tyson better.

True dat! I'm trying to pick 10 that were better than Tyson....

Obviously: (In no particular order)

Frazier

Marciano

Ali

Joe Louis

Dempsey

Foreman

And: (these are guys who are possibly better than Tyson in his prime)

Holyfield

Lennox Lewis

Larry Holmes

Sonny Liston

Archie Moore (in his prime)

Guys Tyson would have ate up: (IMO)

Cooney

Greg Page

Quarry

Patterson

• 3 weeks later...
If Tyson never fucked up Ali and Marciano wouldn't even be in the conversaton.

Huh? Blue Jeans ever see pics of Marciano fighting? Look up Tyson's record even when he was in his prime, he got knocked out by Buster Douglas. Holyfield whipped his butt. Sorry but you do not have a clue. Marciano 49-0 with 43 KOs. Tyson, 50-6 with 2 no contests. 44 KOs.

• 4 months later...

Ali is number one because of his attitude, he has done alot to make boxing big. Especially in other countries. No denying he brought alot of excitement to the sport, as Micheal Jordan did for basketball.

Don King is doing his share to destroy boxing.

I would vote Ali Number 1

Marciano a close second.

True dat! I'm trying to pick 10 that were better than Tyson....

Obviously: (In no particular order)

Frazier

Marciano

Ali

Joe Louis

Dempsey

Foreman

And: (these are guys who are possibly better than Tyson in his prime)

Holyfield

Lennox Lewis

Larry Holmes

Sonny Liston

Archie Moore (in his prime)

Guys Tyson would have ate up: (IMO)

Cooney

Greg Page

Quarry

Patterson

Tyson was in his prime back when the heavyweight division had exhausted all of its top tier talent. Never liked him as his game was predicated on intimidation. A guy like Ali would have taken him on the bus to school and back. Iron Mike would have had his ass busted.

• 4 weeks later...

no order:

ali

marciano

lewis

frazier

dempsey

patterson

holyfield

foreman

im sure im missing a few people. i wouldn't put lennox lewis in the top ten though, i like tyson better

I know Holyfield accomplished alot, but I was never impressed by him. A paper champion IMO. I would put either Joe Louis, Ali, Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson or Larry Holmes as the best ever. After that its debatable.

i was just listing heavyweights. otherwise robinson would've been there. i agree with your guys though, holmes was a glaring omission on my part, im surprised too cuz he's one of my personal favorites

Yeah, Holmes was my dads all time favorite. So I couldnt have forgot him. He had a much better boxing career than he did singing. :unsure:

I know Holyfield accomplished alot, but I was never impressed by him. A paper champion IMO. I would put either Joe Louis, Ali, Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson or Larry Holmes as the best ever. After that its debatable.

BIG we are talking heavyweights here. Robinson was a middleweight and prolly the best pound for pound ever.