SportsWrath

Face it, Lorf

mickeef2

We're screwed. This team just doesn't hit. Not only that, there's no way to do anything to improve the offense, either. Lugo and Drew are locked up in bad deals. Manny, Ortiz, Varitek, Youk, and Pedroia won't be moved. That leaves Crisp and Lowell. Lowell's been your best run producer anyway, and Crisp is showing signs of being a sparkplug, not to mention he's probably your best glove. I'm not giving up on the season by any means, but it's gonna be a struggle the whole way.

It all comes down to pitching. If your guys hold up, you have nothing to worry about.

They're not. Beckett's solid, Matsuzaka is good about 70% of the time at this point, and that's it. Wakefield and Tavarez are horrible. Schilling hasn't even pitched a rehab assignment yet, and when he comes back, who knows what you're getting.

I might be inclined to agree with the lead down to seven games. Seven games! The lead was just twice that. The Yankees are starting to both hit and pitch and have been 10-4 in July. The Red Sox just have no fire, no power, and no ability with RISP.

I don't want to become the Padres but if our offense continues to perform like this. Remember the days when a comeback was pretty much a given? Especially when Ortiz and Manny come up in the ninth, which I feel like they've been doing in every one run loss without results. We're 3-4 in 7 games since the AS break against the Blue Jays and Royals with three 1 run losses and a 9-3 drubbing. Schilling should help but it's Tito's job to adapt to the team and light the fire underneath them rather than be too much of a player's manager and let this continue.

How close do the Yankees have to get before these guys start playing?

Their BA with RISP is 9th in the division but we're not scoring runs and I still can't figure out why with all the men we get on base. These losses are just frustrating...watch, soon we'll start hearing it from the Yankees fans if we can't get the lead back to double digits to end the month.

I might be inclined to agree with the lead down to seven games. Seven games! The lead was just twice that. The Yankees are starting to both hit and pitch and have been 10-4 in July. The Red Sox just have no fire, no power, and no ability with RISP.

I don't want to become the Padres but if our offense continues to perform like this. Remember the days when a comeback was pretty much a given? Especially when Ortiz and Manny come up in the ninth, which I feel like they've been doing in every one run loss without results. We're 3-4 in 7 games since the AS break against the Blue Jays and Royals with three 1 run losses and a 9-3 drubbing. Schilling should help but it's Tito's job to adapt to the team and light the fire underneath them rather than be too much of a player's manager and let this continue.

How close do the Yankees have to get before these guys start playing?

Their BA with RISP is 9th in the division but we're not scoring runs and I still can't figure out why with all the men we get on base. These losses are just frustrating...watch, soon we'll start hearing it from the Yankees fans if we can't get the lead back to double digits to end the month.

Totally, totally fucking frustrated. Unbearable to watch this team anymore. You're pretty much spot on with everything. I usually don't get on Tito much, because overall I think he does a good job, but the lineup has to be set already. Manny and Ortiz are the only guys who hit in the same place all the time. The rest of it I swear he throws in a hat and picks 'em out. You now have Lugo hitting 9th and Drew leading off. I mean, what the fuck is that?

Manny and Ortiz- jeeezus. No confidence whatsoever when these two come to the plate anymore, especially late in the game. four innings to get a run against the Royals bullpen, and nothing. That play on the Youkilis grounder, and Coco's ball hitting off the wall- have you ever been more frustrated?

So many chances to blow this thing wide open this year, and they squandered every one of them.

Fuck Tim McLelland.

That's just a bullshit call.

To add insult to injury.

Shouldn't a Major League umpire understand that a ball that doesn't clear the monster can't come back to the field with an upward trajectory? Terrible.