SportsWrath

How long do you give Coughlin...

ksm7

You are simple. I said two or three a decade. If I had Superbowl aspirations every year, I would except 10 a decade wouldn't I? Every fan wants their team to win it every year. But you have to be realistic, especially after winning 3 out 4. There is only 1 other team in the history of the game to do that.

However, six years into any given decade, you will not see me praising the Cowboys for being tied for the 9th winning record of the decade, especially if their only Superbowl appearance was humiliating. But if that is where the bar is set in NY, if that is the measure of "success" by all means, get out the streamers and the tickertape and enjoy... :clap:

So, you expect them to win a few, and then lose all the rest of the years?? :confused:

What were you saying about MEDIOCRITY?? :rolleyes:

Which is it eggy? We expect too much or too little? You've claimed both thus far.

You people talk every preseason as if you are going to win the Superbowl. This is amusing. And when the Giants let you down, as they inevitably do, they leave you with the lame "tied for 9th" statistic. So you expect the world but are satisified with mediocrity.

The fact that you even point to the "tied for 9th" stat proves you are happy with mediocrity.

But the more I think about, I believe I have been too hard on you. You have no ammunition. Tied for Ninth -- what else have the Giants given you recently? Besides disappointment?

I don't expect a Superbowl every year. It's impossible. But at the same time, I'm not going to pat any professional sports franchise on the back for being 9th in anything. They're are no trophies for 9th place. In short, no body really cares... :cwy: These people are paid an incredible amount of money to play the game, and fans pay an incredible amount just to go watch one live. 9th place is not good enough.

As far as the Cowboys go specifically, I do expect 2 or 3 Superbowls a decade. They won 2 in the 1970s. They just missed appearing in 3 in the 1980's. And they won 3 in the 1990's. History suggests they should be in at least 2 in this decade. And yes, I would rate the 80's a failure. Just missing is not good enough.

Then again, maybe I'm just a spoiled fan. Maybe 2 or 3 is too much. Maybe I need to recalibrate my expectations based on the existing salary cap and FA rules.

But I will tell you this: If they go this decade without winning a Superbowl, the decade was a failure. That's not to say that I will regret rooting for them or watching them play. I will never regret that. But if I were forced to describe the decade in one word, it would be "failure." Frankly, I wouldn't give a damn if they had the 2nd winning percentage of the decade.

Ask the fans in Buffalo if they would trade winning percentage to be on the otherside of that 52-17 score. I bet I know the answer... :LMAO:

You are simple. I said two or three a decade. If I had Superbowl aspirations every year, I would except 10 a decade wouldn't I? Every fan wants their team to win it every year. But you have to be realistic, especially after winning 3 out 4. There is only 1 other team in the history of the game to do that.

However, six years into any given decade, you will not see me praising the Cowboys for being tied for the 9th winning record of the decade, especially if their only Superbowl appearance was humiliating. But if that is where the bar is set in NY, if that is the measure of "success" by all means, get out the streamers and the tickertape and enjoy... :clap:

3 out of 4? Your team is 5-3 alltime in superbowls. You lost to the Colts and twice to the Steelers. You didn't break .500 until the second Buffalo game. And there's two other teams with 5 wins: SanFran and Pittsburgh, and both of them did it in less games.

Successful decades, maybe? But you've been to superbowls in the 70's and 90's. That's 2 out of 4 by my count. And considering you have question marks at oline, qb, secondary, and wr (your starters have a cuumulative age over 60), I wouldn't be so sure that this is going to be a successful decade for you, either. You're certainly not good enough to get to the SB two out of the next three years.

By this standard, the Giants would have to be called "successful" in the 1960's, since they played in 3 NFL championships that decade: 1960, '62, and '63. However, there isn't a Giant fan I've heard of that would call the '60s a successful decade.

And for the record, "meh" means so-so.

3 out of 4? Your team is 5-3 alltime in superbowls. You lost to the Colts and twice to the Steelers. You didn't break .500 until the second Buffalo game. And there's two other teams with 5 wins: SanFran and Pittsburgh, and both of them did it in less games.

Successful decades, maybe? But you've been to superbowls in the 70's and 90's. That's 2 out of 4 by my count. And considering you have question marks at oline, qb, secondary, and wr (your starters have a cuumulative age over 60), I wouldn't be so sure that this is going to be a successful decade for you, either. You're certainly not good enough to get to the SB two out of the next three years.

By this standard, the Giants would have to be called "successful" in the 1960's, since they played in 3 NFL championships that decade: 1960, '62, and '63. However, there isn't a Giant fan I've heard of that would call the '60s a successful decade.

And for the record, "meh" means so-so.

The 3 out of 4 I was referring to was 3 Superbowls in 4 years. What I was saying is that after the Cowboys accomplished that I knew that there would probably be a drop off. It's very difficult to play at that high level for long periods of time in any professional sport.

I won't debate your analysis of the current Dallas team. I could see them making the Superbowl or missing the playoffs for the reasons you state. But this is the most optimistic I have been since 1995.

You people talk every preseason as if you are going to win the Superbowl. This is amusing. And when the Giants let you down, as they inevitably do, they leave you with the lame "tied for 9th" statistic. So you expect the world but are satisified with mediocrity.

The fact that you even point to the "tied for 9th" stat proves you are happy with mediocrity.

But the more I think about, I believe I have been too hard on you. You have no ammunition. Tied for Ninth -- what else have the Giants given you recently? Besides disappointment?

I don't expect a Superbowl every year. It's impossible. But at the same time, I'm not going to pat any professional sports franchise on the back for being 9th in anything. They're are no trophies for 9th place. In short, no body really cares... :cwy: These people are paid an incredible amount of money to play the game, and fans pay an incredible amount just to go watch one live. 9th place is not good enough.

As far as the Cowboys go specifically, I do expect 2 or 3 Superbowls a decade. They won 2 in the 1970s. They just missed appearing in 3 in the 1980's. And they won 3 in the 1990's. History suggests they should be in at least 2 in this decade. And yes, I would rate the 80's a failure. Just missing is not good enough.

Then again, maybe I'm just a spoiled fan. Maybe 2 or 3 is too much. Maybe I need to recalibrate my expectations based on the existing salary cap and FA rules.

But I will tell you this: If they go this decade without winning a Superbowl, the decade was a failure. That's not to say that I will regret rooting for them or watching them play. I will never regret that. But if I were forced to describe the decade in one word, it would be "failure." Frankly, I wouldn't give a damn if they had the 2nd winning percentage of the decade.

Ask the fans in Buffalo if they would trade winning percentage to be on the otherside of that 52-17 score. I bet I know the answer... :LMAO:

:confused: Uhhhhhh, thats not winning 2 or 3 SB's a decade einstien, that a couple in the 70's and a 3 in the 90's. But you were right about history, well, you were close. History doesnt show they should be in at least 2 SB's this decade. It shows they should MISS, at least 3 this decade!! :LMAO:

:confused: Uhhhhhh, thats not winning 2 or 3 SB's a decade einstien, that a couple in the 70's and a 3 in the 90's. But you were right about history, well, you were close. History doesnt show they should be in at least 2 SB's this decade. It shows they should MISS, at least 3 this decade!! :LMAO:

actually court jester, if you read the post thoroughly instead of every other word, the Dog would state that he admitted that they did not win in the 80s and it was a failure to him...your backwords attempt at being clever in the last sentence fell a bit flat, but the dog applauds the attempt...you keep trying you silly little guy you...

actually court jester, if you read the post thoroughly instead of every other word, the Dog would state that he admitted that they did not win in the 80s and it was a failure to him...your backwords attempt at being clever in the last sentence fell a bit flat, but the dog applauds the attempt...you keep trying you silly little guy you...

More specifically, he stated that the Cowgirlz win 2 or 3 SB's every decaded, then said they didnt win any in the 80's and thats not considered success. Wouldnt that be John Kerry like flip flopping?

How was that?

Because one or two knuckleheads here think we're gonna win the superbowl every year, don't believe for a second that everyone is on that wagon.

I've already stated my beliefs on this season. Did you not read them? And I can't remember the last time I was expecting a superbowl victory from this team.

Tied for 9th in winning percentage over a decade is a good thing eggy, despite what you say about it being mediocre. There are 32 teams in this league, and this decade you've only bested 8 of them. We are miles ahead of you in that respect. It shows that we were a good team overall, not the best without the superbowl wins, but certainly not in the Best of the Worst category with Dallas.

If you want to call it mediocre, fine, but that puts you well below mediocrity.

52-17 vs Buffalo? Now is that something that happened in this decade or another HISTORY lesson?

You people talk every preseason as if you are going to win the Superbowl. This is amusing. And when the Giants let you down........ So you expect the world but are satisified with mediocrity.

But the more I think about, I believe I have been too hard on you. You have no ammunition. What else have the Giants given you recently? Besides disappointment?

I don't expect a Superbowl every year. It's impossible. These people are paid an incredible amount of money to play the game, and fans pay an incredible amount just to go watch one live. 9th place is not good enough.

You people talk every preseason as if you are going to win the Superbowl

There's the discrepancy. You dog us out for rooting for a team to win a Superbowl then...you expect the world but are satisified with mediocrity.....comment pops up. Make up our minds Egg. As a fan YOU don't have expectations for your team to win it all, or are you hoping for 9-7 and a first round playoff loss???

And you Cannot "Pat your team on the back" for being ninth at anything because the Cowboys are most likely 10th or lower. So let's just say your Cowboys are ranked 9th best franchise in the NFL (as far as playoffs and winning Superbowls...with New England being one)...what would you do? Disown them, stop being a fan and jump to the Patriots? You make no sense with that "9th best" crack. So what do you say to YOUR Cowboys being the 9th best team in the NFC last year(as far as win loss goes) Still wanna disown them???

What else have the Giants given you recently? Besides disappointment?

Wow where do I start. I'll start here,,,with a question...What has the Cowboys given YOU recently? I can answer some of that. Playoff losses, Drew Bledsoe, Botched Romo snap, Jerry Jones not signing Romo yet, Terrell's Suicide fiasco....the RECENT records of .500 or below over a recent period of time....o yes 11 years is recent don't ya think? So should we ALL be asking you....why do you set yourself up (as a FAN) for failure? Your Cowboys are damn near the favorite to get the NFC East almost every year and fall short...so maybe deep down inside you expect the world but are satisified with mediocrity.....quoted straight from Eggs words. OUT HERE! 10-4!

More specifically, he stated that the Cowgirlz win 2 or 3 SB's every decaded, then said they didnt win any in the 80's and thats not considered success. Wouldnt that be John Kerry like flip flopping?

How was that?

the dog again applauds your effort, but read it one more time...he never stated they win 2-3 super bowls every decade...he did say that they won 2 in the 70s, were in 3 in the 80s, and won 3 in the 90s...and he considered the 80s tobe a failure since they did not win any...no flip flop as far as the dog can tell...you on the other hand...

the dog again applauds your effort, but read it one more time...he never stated they win 2-3 super bowls every decade...he did say that they won 2 in the 70s, were in 3 in the 80s, and won 3 in the 90s...and he considered the 80s tobe a failure since they did not win any...no flip flop as far as the dog can tell...you on the other hand...

Ahhh, Senor dog. I admit, I like to read your posts as they are sometimes entertaining. But now the time has come for YOU, to reread the post. He didnt say they were in 3 SB's in the 80's, he said they JUST MISSED, 3 SB's in the 80's. Let me quote it for you here:As far as the Cowboys go specifically, I do expect 2 or 3 Superbowls a decade. They won 2 in the 1970s. They just missed appearing in 3 in the 1980's. And they won 3 in the 1990's. History suggests they should be in at least 2 in this decade. And yes, I would rate the 80's a failure. Just missing is not good enough.

And it looks like you were wrong about the not stating they win 2 or 3 every decade, look, its right there in print! LOL!

Ahhh, Senor dog. I admit, I like to read your posts as they are sometimes entertaining. But now the time has come for YOU, to reread the post. He didnt say they were in 3 SB's in the 80's, he said they JUST MISSED, 3 SB's in the 80's. Let me quote it for you here:As far as the Cowboys go specifically, I do expect 2 or 3 Superbowls a decade. They won 2 in the 1970s. They just missed appearing in 3 in the 1980's. And they won 3 in the 1990's. History suggests they should be in at least 2 in this decade. And yes, I would rate the 80's a failure. Just missing is not good enough.

And it looks like you were wrong about the not stating they win 2 or 3 every decade, look, its right there in print! LOL!

check again court jester...he said that as a fan, he EXPECTS 2-3 Super Bowls every decade...nowhere does the Dog see that the poster stated that they WIN 2-3 a decade...poor court jester, constantly in need of assistance...perhaps you should consult with someone near by to obtain appropriate accomodations and modifications to help you read under section 504 of the rehabilitation act...you have that god-given right you know...

check again court jester...he said that as a fan, he EXPECTS 2-3 Super Bowls every decade...nowhere does the Dog see that the poster stated that they WIN 2-3 a decade...poor court jester, constantly in need of assistance...perhaps you should consult with someone near by to obtain appropriate accomodations and modifications to help you read under section 504 of the rehabilitation act...you have that god-given right you know...

Doggy, I know the last thing you wanna do is agree with me, but youre making yourself look silly now. EXPECTS, what do you take that to mean?? What else could it mean? Do you think he EXPECTS, to just miss 2-3 SB appearances? Do you think he EXPECTS, to remember 2-3 SB commercials so he can talk about them with his friends? C'mon eg.....uh, I mean Dog!

I expect my team to win the SB this year and every year, as every fan of every team should also expect at this stage and time of year. When the dust settles and the season plays out it is then up to that fan to say if they are satisfied with the end result, factoring in all the variables that go into a season. For example, if your team is one of the higher rated ones, yet you lose your starting QB in week 1, yet you make the playoffs and lose a tough game in RD 1, you probably will be satisfied, yet disappointed that your team did not win the SB, along with 31 other teams fans.

I expect my team to win the SB this year and every year, as every fan of every team should also expect at this stage and time of year. When the dust settles and the season plays out it is then up to that fan to say if they are satisfied with the end result, factoring in all the variables that go into a season. For example, if your team is one of the higher rated ones, yet you lose your starting QB in week 1, yet you make the playoffs and lose a tough game in RD 1, you probably will be satisfied, yet disappointed that your team did not win the SB, along with 31 other teams fans.

Very well said. Theres alot of different variables, but we all want the ultimate prize.