SportsWrath

Paul LoDuca

xxi-xxv

Why does Willie hit this man 6th? He is an absolutely atrocious run producer. He has a whopping 24 rbis(7 more than his backup) and he has no power.

Last year, hitting behind Reyes who drive in 81 runs from the leadoff spot(so its not like people were not on for the 1 and 2 hitters) he drove in a grand total of 49 runs.

He is a nice situational hitter, best suited for #2, #8 and maybe #7, but #6, protecting Delgado? Mind boggling if you ask me. :confused:

Why does Willie hit this man 6th? He is an absolutely atrocious run producer. He has a whopping 24 rbis(7 more than his backup) and he has no power.

Last year, hitting behind Reyes who drive in 81 runs from the leadoff spot(so its not like people were not on for the 1 and 2 hitters) he drove in a grand total of 49 runs.

He is a nice situational hitter, best suited for #2, #8 and maybe #7, but #6, protecting Delgado? Mind boggling if you ask me. :confused:

Agreed. But who on this team right now is a run producer who can fill that spot? (I'm not counting on Alou. Whenever he does come back, it will be a short stint before he's back on the DL with hip replacement surgery) Milledge maybe? He's been swinging the bat well and does have some power.

I'd rather Lo Duca in the 2ns postion too, but you guys might think I'm crazy but Gotay isn't that bad there.