SportsWrath

Who was the best WHITE running back in Giants history?

Funny, I never saw him play RB.

He didn't play very much, except for preseason. He was everyone's preseason hero, though.

But hey, if you want to believe he was a TE, go right ahead. In fact, I'll eat an entire plate of dogshit live via webcam if you can find me some YouTube footage of Keith Elias playing TE for the Giants.

Just post it here when you find it. :TU:

He didn't play very much, except for preseason. He was everyone's preseason hero, though.

But hey, if you want to believe he was a TE, go right ahead. In fact, I'll eat an entire plate of dogshit live via webcam if you can find me some YouTube footage of Keith Elias playing TE for the Giants.

that's not fair, there's way too much keith elias footage on youtube to sift through :mellow:

And now that I think about it. Wasn't Keith Elias 5' 10" - 200 lbs? Those measurement alone would indicate he didn't play TE....

Kieth Elias played as much at TE as Phil Simms, Dave Brown and ELi Manning did. Which is never.

This debate has to cease at this moment. He was a rb, a shitty one at that, whom Dan Reeves liked because he worked hard and the fans like because he was a local jersey boy. He never played TE, in fact like I believe NEM said he was 5 foot 10. Show me a 5 foot 10 TE in the NFL and I too shall eat from that plate of dog shit that Sephiroth spoke of. It's just not fact, was never fact and in the spirit of taking a "mulligan" the mere thought and fact it was brought up should be stricken from the record.

For what its worth you have to say Gifford, but my heart will forever belong to Rob Carpenter, #26 in your program who helped me fall in love with the 81 Giants and that great win on the road at Philly in the playoffs in 81.

For what its worth you have to say Gifford, but my heart will forever belong to Rob Carpenter, #26 in your program who helped me fall in love with the 81 Giants and that great win on the road at Philly in the playoffs in 81.

Same here: Carpenter will always have a place in my fond memories. IMO, as far as creating a new attitude and moral is concerned, acquiring Carpenter was just as important as drafting Taylor was to that team. Of course talent-wise, it's not close. I'm talking strictly about creating a winning attitude in the clubhouse. But he was definitely the best running back between the 60's and Joe Morris.

Same here: Carpenter will always have a place in my fond memories. IMO, as far as creating a new attitude and moral is concerned, acquiring Carpenter was just as important as drafting Taylor was to that team. Of course talent-wise, it's not close. I'm talking strictly about creating a winning attitude in the clubhouse. But he was definitely the best running back between the 60's and Joe Morris.

No doubt about that. Ron Johnson was pretty good, but I never saw him play(although he lived next door to us in the 70's when I was a baby and my dad said he was real nice).

No doubt about that. Ron Johnson was pretty good, but I never saw him play(although he lived next door to us in the 70's when I was a baby and my dad said he was real nice).

I don't honestly remember Johnson--I was thinking more of the Doug Kotar, Bobby Hammond, and Billy (hundred yards on 50 carries) Taylor years.

I don't honestly remember Johnson--I was thinking more of the Doug Kotar, Bobby Hammond, and Billy (hundred yards on 50 carries) Taylor years.

I think Johnson was the first 1000 yard rusher for the Giants. Don't forget Chuck Mercein and Ernie Wheelwright.