SportsWrath

Rick Down

xxi-xxv

You know what? He got a raw deal :TD:

Guys were not hitting with men on base, was this his fault? No. We are talking all star players in Beltran, Wright and former AS in Delgado. This was not Downs fault, I cannot reiterate enough that if the big 4 on this team plus LoDuca simply did what they usually do with men on base none of this would be an issue. When I say none of this I mean.....

signing a 40 year old man more brittle then your former brittle leftfielder......

resigning a 37 year old 2B who came off a career year, yet had a knee that could go at any time

signing SCott Schoenweiss

trading Bell an Ring for Adkins and Johnson.....

trading Owens and Lidstrom for Vargas and Bostick.....

keeping Julio Franco for 88 games.......

Bannister for Burgos...

None of these problems were Downs fault. This move reeks of OMAR. Omar has had a bad year, more of his moves have been bad then good. Its actually OK because quite frankly evrything he did from 05 till now was great. It's ok to have some bad luck. This was not DOwns fault and you can see Willie was disgusted. Omar has an EGO the size of South AMerica and its clear this move was OMAR driven and unfair when you think about it.

You know what? He got a raw deal :TD:

Guys were not hitting with men on base, was this his fault? No. We are talking all star players in Beltran, Wright and former AS in Delgado. This was not Downs fault, I cannot reiterate enough that if the big 4 on this team plus LoDuca simply did what they usually do with men on base none of this would be an issue. When I say none of this I mean.....

signing a 40 year old man more brittle then your former brittle leftfielder......

resigning a 37 year old 2B who came off a career year, yet had a knee that could go at any time

signing SCott Schoenweiss

trading Bell an Ring for Adkins and Johnson.....

trading Owens and Lidstrom for Vargas and Bostick.....

keeping Julio Franco for 88 games.......

Bannister for Burgos...

None of these problems were Downs fault. This move reeks of OMAR. Omar has had a bad year, more of his moves have been bad then good. Its actually OK because quite frankly evrything he did from 05 till now was great. It's ok to have some bad luck. This was not DOwns fault and you can see Willie was disgusted. Omar has an EGO the size of South AMerica and its clear this move was OMAR driven and unfair when you think about it.

I agree 100% with everything you said. It's a shame a guy like Down has to be the scapegoat here.