SportsWrath

Julio Franco Designated for Assignment

Blue Jeans

Nice. Sounds like a nice little team shake up is goin on.

Just what a first place team needs. :rolleyes:

Actually, I like this move, but I'm not sure firing the hitting coach is necessary, especially if he's well liked by the players.

Just what a first place team needs. :rolleyes:

Actually, I like this move, but I'm not sure firing the hitting coach is necessary, especially if he's well liked by the players.

Dude, I am always in the mind frame that we as fans should relax about criticizing the team when they are holding first place. But the team doesn't seem to have the same chemistry, or urgency i guess, as they did last year. I think a little shake up will do them good, and hopefully we will start to pull away with the division now.

The Mets will activate Henderson and he will be the first player/coach since Pete Rose in the 80's :LMAO:

Actually this was long overdue. Rumor has it they offered Julio the 1b coaching spot that Hojo will probably relinquish once he is the full time HC, Julio as all prideful players who just do not want to give up declined and the Mets went the route of Henderson.

My guess is Franco resurfaces with the Braves and gets a HUGE hit down the stretch, probably off Wagner to beat the Mets. I bet he pulls the ball too, because well thats just the way it goes. :brooding:

Dude, I am always in the mind frame that we as fans should relax about criticizing the team when they are holding first place. But the team doesn't seem to have the same chemistry, or urgency i guess, as they did last year. I think a little shake up will do them good, and hopefully we will start to pull away with the division now.

I hear you, I just think Down is getting a raw deal. Is it really his fault Delgado is having an off year, Beltran is not hitting like he can, and that Alou has been out 2 months with a mysterious injury?

It's not Down's fault the Mets can't hit with RISP.

something had to be done. the mets lineup is way too good to be hitting the way they've been hitting--even with the injuries. everyone expects nothing less than a trip to the world series--good to see the mets acknowledge that and are showing a sense of urgency

I hear you, I just think Down is getting a raw deal. Is it really his fault Delgado is having an off year, Beltran is not hitting like he can, and that Alou has been out 2 months with a mysterious injury?

It's not Down's fault the Mets can't hit with RISP.

My only real problem with Down is what happened to David Wright's swing. It may be more on Wright than Down, but damn. The new leg kick and angle of the bat is not encouraging. Many more pop ups than line drive this year in my opinion. Now I think it's too late to work on the swing because changing his swing could really screw him up for a couple of months. I think it has to wait for the offseason. :brooding:

My only real problem with Down is what happened to David Wright's swing. It may be more on Wright than Down, but damn. The new leg kick and angle of the bat is not encouraging. Many more pop ups than line drive this year in my opinion. Now I think it's too late to work on the swing because changing his swing could really screw him up for a couple of months. I think it has to wait for the offseason. :brooding:

I agree, it wasn't broke so why did he decide to fix it? It's ashame

Down didn't put on videotape of Wright last year, it's like night and day.

I thought about that too, but Wright is putting up typical David Wright numbers.

He did have a horrible April though, perhaps adjusting to his new style.