SportsWrath

Ricky Henderson is back!

RandolphScott

Ricky Henderson to replace Rick Down

The Mets will begin the season's second half with a dramatic change in their coaching staff, Newsday has learned. Rick Down is out as hitting coach, and Rickey Henderson is in.

Down said that Willie Randolph informed him Wednesday night of the decision, and that he would be replaced by Henderson. A person familiar with the situation confirmed that Henderson, the future Hall of Famer who has never served as a coach, would take over as hitting coach.

When asked whether Randolph offered an explanation, Down replied: "Not really. Approach, I guess."

The Mets have a 48-39 record and two-game lead over Atlanta in the National League East, own a .332 on-base percentage, fifth in the NL, and a .419 slugging percentage, ranking them seventh in the league.

Ricky Henderson is back!

Why, did you guys need a bigger asshole on your team? I thought that Lo Duca had that covered.

What's he gonna do? Get Reyes motivated to run the bases by saying he can beat him to the bag? The Mets problems lie more with getting their lineup healthy than trying to improve hitting from what's currently available.

Why, did you guys need a bigger asshole on your team? I thought that Lo Duca had that covered.

What's he gonna do? Get Reyes motivated to run the bases by saying he can beat him to the bag? The Mets problems lie more with getting their lineup healthy than trying to improve hitting from what's currently available.

He is the new hitting coach.

Actually it wasn't considering all the trouble Don Mattingly has

had during his tenure as hitting coach, I should have brought that up.

NO you should have brought up how if the Yankees had a fiery, want to win at all costs player like Paul LoDuca their would be a Yankeeography on AL Yankazeera being produced as we speak.

No team that has self serving douche bags like AROD and Clemens on it SHOULD ever criticize a player by calling him an "asshole".