SportsWrath

The Sam Madison Poll

Guest StrahansGap

Sam Madison  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

You wrote 'well said' and clapped when that dude said madison was a bust, correct sparky?*

*i know you're not the brightest bulb in the hallway but that much seemed obvious

I'm still waiting for you to point out where it says Deloatch will be starting...

You wrote 'well said' and clapped when that dude said madison was a bust, correct sparky?*

*i know you're not the brightest bulb in the hallway but that much seemed obvious

Yes I did, but you said becuse Motes likes it I'm for it. So you tell me, how am I eating crow, when I never went against my original thought?

You-Are-Smoking_Crack.jpg

I love Giants fans sometimes. Prior to signing Madison, the top three corners the Giants had under contract were Corey Webster, Curtis Deloatch, and Frank Walker.

They manage to add a guy with 4 Pro Bowls on his resume (at a great price, too), yet some fans still dislike the move. Tough crowd...

I love Giants fans sometimes. Prior to signing Madison, the top three corners the Giants had under contract were Corey Webster, Curtis Deloatch, and Frank Walker.

They manage to add a guy with 4 Pro Bowls on his resume (at a great price, too), yet some fans still dislike the move. Tough crowd...

He is by no means our long term solution as one of our starting CBs. But, it's hard for a PRO BOWLER to be WORSE than Will A., even at his age. I love the signing so far. I would still like to see Tank Williams so we can develop a nasty secondary.

He is by no means our long term solution as one of our starting CBs. But, it's hard for a PRO BOWLER to be WORSE than Will A., even at his age. I love the signing so far. I would still like to see Tank Williams so we can develop a nasty secondary.

I'd love to add Tank. We need an intimidator back there. Plus, his name is Tank, which is nice...

I was opposed to this move initially for fear Madison would garner a huge payday. A 2 mil bonus IMO over a 4 year deal is not all that bad.

I also got to thinking of something and it dawned on me, more often than not winning teams have done well with a dtrong front 7 and veteran secondary. I think back to when the Giants had kenny hill and terry kinard in 86 and guys like dave duerson and everson walls in 90. Smart heady vets that know how to make plays.

FOr 2 mil bonus and an INT incentive, how could you be opposed to this?

$2M signing bonus is a fucking great deal - you can cut him after this season and take only a $1.5M hit. What are his base salaries?

Madison will receive a $2 million signing bonus, and base salaries of 900,000 in 2006, $1.2 million in 2007, $1.5 million in 2008, and $1.8 million in 2009.

The deal also provides that if Madison has four or more picks in 2006, 2007, and/or 2008, the next year's salary will go up by $250,000 for each year in which he meets the threshold.