SportsWrath

Nfl Network Special Top 10 LB corps.

xxi-xxv

Awww, the little boy lets me get to him.....how cute..

Now why would you ask if I ever watch football? Of course. But because I dont speak in the 3rd person, dont act like you dont know what Im saying. MATT ROBINSON???? What does that have to do with anything.

Read it again. Yes, Deion being feared helped, but LT was feared, and it DIDNT help. He still killed teams.

Yeah, maybe I'll try it on the Cards board. That wouldnt be any different than you being here now, would it. :rolleyes:

I don't know Bigblue. Based on my brief research, LT played 13 years (1981-1993). In those 13 years, the Giants only won the NFC East 3 times and, they finished 2nd 4 times. So, more than half of LT's career the Giants were 3rd or worse...I believe the Cowboys won the East 4 times during LTs career and the Superbowl twice...Hell, Washingon finished first 5 times and won the Superbowl 3 times...

Was he really single-handedly killing any "team" ? Two of LT's rivals feared him so much that they won 5 Superbowls...I don't know what you are referring to that "didn't help." Something worked, didn't it?

I don't know Bigblue. Based on my brief research, LT played 13 years (1981-1993). In those 13 years, the Giants only won the NFC East 3 times and, they finished 2nd 4 times. So, more than half of LT's career the Giants were 3rd or worse...I believe the Cowboys won the East 4 times during LTs career and the Superbowl twice...Hell, Washingon finished first 5 times and won the Superbowl 3 times...

Was he really single-handedly killing any "team" ? Two of LT's rivals feared him so much that they won 5 Superbowls...I don't know what you are referring to that "didn't help." Something worked, didn't it?

Take caution - providing fact to support opinion is not welcomed with this individual...The Dog is pretty sure he will counter with the fact that he believes Taylor was the best ever, and so it is unchallengable because he believes it...he will then most likely follow it with a series of goofy smiley faces...

but based on your research, it is quite clear that teams must have had quite a difficult time figuring out how to beat the Giants with Taylor - at least for 3 of those 13 years anyhow...

The Dog wonders - are you capable of stringing anything together, or does it always have to be spelled out concretely?

If you watched football, again you would understand the impact Sanders had on a team and their ability to be effective offensively...Your continued basis for Taylor being the best defensive player ever as your opinion has been that you saw him play...again, the Dog saw Matt Robinson play, would the Dog be justified in saying that he is the best QB ever? Please don't answer that...

As for getting under the Dog's skin - that is highly impossibe - as previously stated, the Dog finds you entertaining in the same way that a circus clown is entertaining...

Wait a second, on further review the Dog concedes - all of your opinions must be fact, because you are obviously very knowledgable, being a SENIOR member of three different Giant's message boards...HA HA HA HA...the value of time! HA HA HA HA...run along little man, there is a thread somewhere on the internet that needs your urgent attention...HA HA HA HA...

Does this guy even get it???? ME, on another MB.......LMAO!!

Who was it that said pot, meet kettle? LOL!

I'll try once, I know, its worthless but here it goes.....

Why would I need to type some long winded post that has a bunch of stats that any of us can look up on the internet. Is that your basis for saying Im limited? Most of the time, when I come to post, someone has already posted a novel, so I just add to it. I have laid down stats when the time is appropriate, but again, posting stats that we all have access to on the web is no big accomplishment.

As far the LT thing, I can go post stats, recite quotes...etc. But it sums up best when you say, I SAW HIM PLAY. Thats usually enough for one to come to an opinion of that player. Now Sybil, when your other personality, eggy, posted up above about only winnin the East a couple of times...blah blah blah, remember, your other personality said it takes a whole team to win it all. LT was killin teams, but the end result wasnt always a W.

Take caution - providing fact to support opinion is not welcomed with this individual...The Dog is pretty sure he will counter with the fact that he believes Taylor was the best ever, and so it is unchallengable because he believes it...he will then most likely follow it with a series of goofy smiley faces...

but based on your research, it is quite clear that teams must have had quite a difficult time figuring out how to beat the Giants with Taylor - at least for 3 of those 13 years anyhow...

See, thats where your gettin it all wrong. I never said it is UNCHALLENGABLE. And, dont take my words, it is eggy who likes to post smiley faces. You know that now, dont ya. ;)

Also, providing WHAT fact?? Stats he got off the internet? Yeah, we all got those.

Why would I need to type some long winded post that has a bunch of stats that any of us can look up on the internet. Is that your basis for saying Im limited? Most of the time, when I come to post, someone has already posted a novel, so I just add to it. I have laid down stats when the time is appropriate, but again, posting stats that we all have access to on the web is no big accomplishment.

As far the LT thing, I can go post stats, recite quotes...etc. But it sums up best when you say, I SAW HIM PLAY. Thats usually enough for one to come to an opinion of that player. Now Sybil, when your other personality, eggy, posted up above about only winnin the East a couple of times...blah blah blah, remember, your other personality said it takes a whole team to win it all. LT was killin teams, but the end result wasnt always a W.

The Dog now declares that BigBlue is the best message board poster that ever lived...Why, do you ask? Because the Dog saw him post, that is why. Nevermind there is seldom provided facts to support his opinions...the Dog has seen him, and so it is true...

By the way - have you noticed the wonderful debates that are going on here with individuals providing fact and support for their opinions? The Dog thinks you are a breath of fresh air with your "devil may care, I don't need to provide facts for my bold opinions" style...You should spread those thoughts on message boards throughout the internet...wait a second... :LMAO:

I basically look at what Gibbs and Walsh(the best coaches from that era say) and they say that they had to completely change their gameplans because of LT. Gibbs H-back formation was a direct result of having to block LT. Was he the best player ever? That is way to hard to determine and people in San Fran, Cleveland, Pitt etc will all have their take. DId he revolutionize the way the OLB position was played? Well according to people like Gibbs and Walsh he did, so I guess we can just leave it at that.

What the Dog does find interesting BigBlue is that you are quick to piggyback on other's points when they supply facts, but yet you never seem to provide any of your own...debates are more interesting when that is the case...and why is it that you are always one step behind the others? certainly with your extensive message board knowledge, you must have aquired some factual information to lend support to your opinions? your additions to these posts are usually along the lines of an "i agree" statement and little more...except a goofy smiley face or two...or three...or four...

The Dog now declares that BigBlue is the best message board poster that ever lived...Why, do you ask? Because the Dog saw him post, that is why. Nevermind there is seldom provided facts to support his opinions...the Dog has seen him, and so it is true...

By the way - have you noticed the wonderful debates that are going on here with individuals providing fact and support for their opinions? The Dog thinks you are a breath of fresh air with your "devil may care, I don't need to provide facts for my bold opinions" style...You should spread those thoughts on message boards throughout the internet...wait a second... :LMAO:

Stuck on that one comment, huh? And after Ive explained it to you a million times. If i say all the things that I believe make LT the best player ever, I would be repeating what many have said here. And thats one topic. A better question, why do you let me bother you?? LOL!

Yes, I see all the fact and opinion based convo's goin on here, and I am part of alot of em. Its just that if its been said, I am not going to repeat it, thus the "I agree" comments.

Oh, and again, why would I post FACTS, to support an OPINION? Do you even know the meaning of these words??? :confused:

What the Dog does find interesting BigBlue is that you are quick to piggyback on other's points when they supply facts, but yet you never seem to provide any of your own...debates are more interesting when that is the case...and why is it that you are always one step behind the others? certainly with your extensive message board knowledge, you must have aquired some factual information to lend support to your opinions? your additions to these posts are usually along the lines of an "i agree" statement and little more...except a goofy smiley face or two...or three...or four...

SEE ABOVE POST.

Stuck on that one comment, huh? And after Ive explained it to you a million times. If i say all the things that I believe make LT the best player ever, I would be repeating what many have said here. And thats one topic. A better question, why do you let me bother you?? LOL!

Yes, I see all the fact and opinion based convo's goin on here, and I am part of alot of em. Its just that if its been said, I am not going to repeat it, thus the "I agree" comments.

Oh, and again, why would I post FACTS, to support an OPINION? Do you even know the meaning of these words??? :confused:

:LMAO: Oh boy, BigBlue! You're one in a million... :LMAO:

God, I love this place...

Interesting...the Dog sees them as linked, i.e., to formulate an opinion, it must be based on some facts...you see dear man, since you saw Taylor play, there must be something in what you saw that leads you to believe that he was the best ever, and that is what the Dog has been trying to get to the bottom of...but your right, it is so much more fun to state opinions with no factual support for a debate...

The Dog would ask for an original thought here, but the last time that request was made, the Dog remembers your retort being: "OK, here is an original thought. you are an idiot."

For the record, there is little that is original about calling someone an idiot...

Interesting...the Dog sees them as linked, i.e., to formulate an opinion, it must be based on some facts...you see dear man, since you saw Taylor play, there must be something in what you saw that leads you to believe that he was the best ever, and that is what the Dog has been trying to get to the bottom of...but your right, it is so much more fun to state opinions with no factual support for a debate...

The Dog would ask for an original thought here, but the last time that request was made, the Dog remembers your retort being: "OK, here is an original thought. you are an idiot."

For the record, there is little that is original about calling someone an idiot...

OK, if you want me to restate what many have already stated, I guess I could. :rolleyes:

The reason why I may be a little late on replying at times.....is because I have a job. Im not stuck in mommys basement talking in the 3rd person while avoiding who his favorite team is, so that I can reply before anyone else. Again, if its been said, I agree with it. And check again, Ive had the opportunity to lay down facts, and when that opportunity arose, I laid them down.

Oh, and as for the "idiot" reference...well, if the shoe fits!

OK, if you want me to restate what many have already stated, I guess I could. :rolleyes:

The reason why I may be a little late on replying at times.....is because I have a job. Im not stuck in mommys basement talking in the 3rd person while avoiding who his favorite team is, so that I can reply before anyone else. Again, if its been said, I agree with it. And check again, Ive had the opportunity to lay down facts, and when that opportunity arose, I laid them down.

Oh, and as for the "idiot" reference...well, if the shoe fits!

The Dog can only guess as to what that job entails, you being the senior member of three Giant's message boards, and still finding the time to visit other teams cites in an attempt to insight their frustrations...no wonder you are too busy to supply facts for your opinions...

The Dog can only guess as to what that job entails, you being the senior member of three Giant's message boards, and still finding the time to visit other teams cites in an attempt to insight their frustrations...no wonder you are too busy to supply facts for your opinions...

How come you bring up where I posted on the Cards board, but not that it was only that one time, and it was about 2 years ago?

And yes, I was a member of 3 different MB's at one time. Why? Because it started with NFL.com, then went to Blues board then to here, almost all around the same time. Now Im here, thats it. But Im a Giants fan, who is YOUR team?

Just thought I'd point out some interesting things:

QUOTE(JayD @ Jun 23 2007, 03:38 AM)

Im glad you asked. Its one major reason Im pumped for this season. BJ is going to bring a grinding consistant 5 yards a carry. Sure Tiki averaged 5 yards a carry, but it would be all like 2 yards, -1 yard, 40 yards. NTM to stop Tiki, you just had to be dedicated to filling the Gaps. To stop Jacobs, you will have to stack the line, making play action, and short yard passes a major weapon. Remember who told ya.

Totally agree here JayD. If you check a previous reply I made on this topic, I said the same thing.

Hey, I beat him on this one, but no statement from the dog....hmmmmmm

QUOTE(rphguy @ Jul 2 2007, 01:00 PM)

it's not technically rape if you are a willing participant in the sexual act.

Interesting point. The Giants were certainly a willing participant in the act, but the Dog wonders if it was one of those deals when they woke up the next morning, and fully realized what they had done, if they would cry rape after the fact...either way, the bed is made, and so the timeline keeps ticking...

Not much to offer here, yet he has an INTERESTING point. Hmmmmmmm

QUOTE(BadEgg @ Jul 5 2007, 06:46 AM)

Good to see you, Nemisis. But you're jumping in late and missing the point on this thread. This is my bad list thread, but it has turned into an Eli thread because, as you can see, Eli keeps appearing on the bad lists.

I am not a blind pumper of Romo, like many Giants fans are with Eli. I believe Romo played well enough to be the starter this year. I also believe that the Cowboys have put themselves in a position where they may have to extend his contract before this season. But, if Romo's play at QB costs them a playoff birth this season, or a playoff game this season, I want him out.

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jun 21 2007, 06:49 PM)

Eli's had three years. He's been average... and by that I mean not as good as Collins was under Fassel (29-of-43 passes for 342 yards and four touchdowns against the Niners... and that was a loss. Show me Eli's game with those numbers).

Now, that being said, the coaching staff sucks balls. Gilbride SUCKS. We'll finish in the bottom third of the league in total offense... write it down. If we have a winning record, it'll be because of Spagnuolo and the Giants D... not because of Eli or the offense.

He gets one more year after this one. If he doesn't start to play better than average, then I think we can start to legitimately look for a new starting QB... but hell, I'd be happy if we started looking for insurance right now.

Comp/Att Yds TD's INT's

31/43 371 3 1 @Philly, 2006-W

29/53 344 2 1 @Seattle,2005-L

19/35 296 4 0 vs ST Louis,2005-W

24/41 352 2 0 @SD,2005-L

Pretty Comparable. But that was a playoff game that youre talkin about, and at that time he had more playoff exp. than Eli. Yeah Eli got whooped in his 1st playoff game, but he did decent in his second, better than Garcia, stat wise. Eli's got this yr. to shine non stop, he HAS shown flashes of brilliance, incl. engineering a few 4th qtr drives to win it in his short career. It just looks worse cause of what we gave up to get him.

Hey Look! Stats!

I could drum up more, but Im sure you are already GOOGLING it. By the way, isnt that your mom cqlling you to do your chores??

Just thought I'd point out some interesting things:

QUOTE(JayD @ Jun 23 2007, 03:38 AM)

Im glad you asked. Its one major reason Im pumped for this season. BJ is going to bring a grinding consistant 5 yards a carry. Sure Tiki averaged 5 yards a carry, but it would be all like 2 yards, -1 yard, 40 yards. NTM to stop Tiki, you just had to be dedicated to filling the Gaps. To stop Jacobs, you will have to stack the line, making play action, and short yard passes a major weapon. Remember who told ya.

Totally agree here JayD. If you check a previous reply I made on this topic, I said the same thing.

Hey, I beat him on this one, but no statement from the dog....hmmmmmm

QUOTE(rphguy @ Jul 2 2007, 01:00 PM)

it's not technically rape if you are a willing participant in the sexual act.

Interesting point. The Giants were certainly a willing participant in the act, but the Dog wonders if it was one of those deals when they woke up the next morning, and fully realized what they had done, if they would cry rape after the fact...either way, the bed is made, and so the timeline keeps ticking...

Not much to offer here, yet he has an INTERESTING point. Hmmmmmmm

QUOTE(BadEgg @ Jul 5 2007, 06:46 AM)

Good to see you, Nemisis. But you're jumping in late and missing the point on this thread. This is my bad list thread, but it has turned into an Eli thread because, as you can see, Eli keeps appearing on the bad lists.

I am not a blind pumper of Romo, like many Giants fans are with Eli. I believe Romo played well enough to be the starter this year. I also believe that the Cowboys have put themselves in a position where they may have to extend his contract before this season. But, if Romo's play at QB costs them a playoff birth this season, or a playoff game this season, I want him out.

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Jun 21 2007, 06:49 PM)

Eli's had three years. He's been average... and by that I mean not as good as Collins was under Fassel (29-of-43 passes for 342 yards and four touchdowns against the Niners... and that was a loss. Show me Eli's game with those numbers).

Now, that being said, the coaching staff sucks balls. Gilbride SUCKS. We'll finish in the bottom third of the league in total offense... write it down. If we have a winning record, it'll be because of Spagnuolo and the Giants D... not because of Eli or the offense.

He gets one more year after this one. If he doesn't start to play better than average, then I think we can start to legitimately look for a new starting QB... but hell, I'd be happy if we started looking for insurance right now.

Comp/Att Yds TD's INT's

31/43 371 3 1 @Philly, 2006-W

29/53 344 2 1 @Seattle,2005-L

19/35 296 4 0 vs ST Louis,2005-W

24/41 352 2 0 @SD,2005-L

Pretty Comparable. But that was a playoff game that youre talkin about, and at that time he had more playoff exp. than Eli. Yeah Eli got whooped in his 1st playoff game, but he did decent in his second, better than Garcia, stat wise. Eli's got this yr. to shine non stop, he HAS shown flashes of brilliance, incl. engineering a few 4th qtr drives to win it in his short career. It just looks worse cause of what we gave up to get him.

Hey Look! Stats!

I could drum up more, but Im sure you are already GOOGLING it. By the way, isnt that your mom cqlling you to do your chores??

wow- your job duties are certainly keeping you busy today...and as the Dog has stated, mother jokes are so played...by the way, the fact that you dug up one instance where you allegedly said something about Jacobs (that wasn't fact mind you) ahead of someone else, coupled with one instance where you countered with Manning stats is not all that convincing...but you just keep plugging away, again, the Dog is highly entertained...

Yes LT played in an era when the NFC East was by far the best division in football. As you correctly point out WASH won 3, cowpats won 2 and as you forgot to mention the Giants won 2. There was also a strike year in there. So half of his carreer the superbowl champ came from the East. Finishing 3rd in the NFC east during this time still would have been good enough for first in any of the other divisions.

Yes LT played in an era when the NFC East was by far the best division in football. As you correctly point out WASH won 3, cowpats won 2 and as you forgot to mention the Giants won 2. There was also a strike year in there. So half of his carreer the superbowl champ came from the East. Finishing 3rd in the NFC east during this time still would have been good enough for first in any of the other divisions.

So the elite teams of the 80's and early 90's had an answer for LT. At least enough of an answer that would allow them to face the Giants twice a season and continue on with their business of winning Superbowls. They were able to accomplish this despite the fact that LT (to quote another poster) instilled "fear" in them and "killed" teams...They were able to be so successful despite the fact that LT (to quote another poster) was the greatest football player at any position and "killed" teams...

As far as finishing first in other divisions goes, I don't recall who finished first in these other divisions. Most people probably don't. Because nobody cares...But I'm sure that LT scared them and "killed" them as well...

The Dog is not so sure about the statement that the Giants would have finished first in any other division...that is a bit rash...

wow- your job duties are certainly keeping you busy today...and as the Dog has stated, mother jokes are so played...by the way, the fact that you dug up one instance where you allegedly said something about Jacobs (that wasn't fact mind you) ahead of someone else, coupled with one instance where you countered with Manning stats is not all that convincing...but you just keep plugging away, again, the Dog is highly entertained...

JOKES?? No, I really thought your mom was calling you. lol

Well, you didnt think I expected you to be convinced now, did ya? :rolleyes:

But Im glad your entertained!!

JOKES?? No, I really thought your mom was calling you. lol

Well, you didnt think I expected you to be convinced now, did ya? :rolleyes:

But Im glad your entertained!!

FYI, Big Blue, I don't think the "entertained" comment is a compliment...

FYI, Big Blue, I don't think the "entertained" comment is a compliment...

For the record BigBlue - the letters "FYI" are actually an abbreviation for the phrase "for your information"...The Dog is just being proactive in ensuring that you are not confused by this...

For the record BigBlue - the letters "FYI" are actually an abbreviation for the phrase "for your information"...The Dog is just being proactive in ensuring that you are not confused by this...

I'm sure the monkey he talks to already explained this...