SportsWrath

DON'T WATCH NFL NETWORK THIS THURSDAY!

Treehugger

NFL Replay - 2002 Wildcard Game Giants v 49ers.

:cwy:

In a report from ESPN, a sudden power failure at the NFL Network caused the re-airing of the Giants-49'ers 2002 Wild Card game to be cancelled. Sources report that the men found at the scene cutting through power lines were wearing Jeremy Shockey jerseys & were only able to be identified as members of the Fag 4. The only words that were obtained from the deranged quartet were "Lollipop".

NFL Replay - 2002 Wildcard Game Giants v 49ers.

:cwy:

The worst thing about that game is that my dad is a 49ers fan. I was being an ass and just railing on him. When the 49ers won it was hell for weeks. Stupid Giants. :furious:

I don't even blame Trey Junkin anymore...it's all in the officiating.

back then, nobody trusted Bryant to make that kick until the PI call (that never happened) which would've made it a chip shot.

Oh well, it's all in the past, but watching that game showed me that Kerry could be good when given protection and given a system that he fully understood.

I don't even blame Trey Junkin anymore...it's all in the officiating.

back then, nobody trusted Bryant to make that kick until the PI call (that never happened) which would've made it a chip shot.

Oh well, it's all in the past, but watching that game showed me that Kerry could be good when given protection and given a system that he fully understood.

So the defense doesn't deserve blame for blowing a 20+ point lead?

And it wouldn't have made it a chip shot, they were supposed to be off-setting penalties

which means you do it again from the same distance.

What's the offsetting penalty on us?

I recall an eligible receiver becoming the intended target of a shitty pass from a kicker while getting mobbed. I'm open to speculation, but I don't recall hearing that we had offsetting penalties at all.

That would have made it a chip shot. If I'm mistaken, we'd still have another shot at it...

As for blaming the defense, perhaps you've forgotten how few subs we had available. Also, they ran a hurry up; something that's difficult to manage for teams with deep DL subs.

Of course the ending is painful, but I still watch Rocky and he loses in the end too, but considering what our offense had been; everyone thought next year; next year. Of course, who knew that an OL that was gelling would be dismantled by Ernie?

Everything changed when we let the OL go and didn't build up the DL. Which, I might add, continues to be an issue even a few years later. Ernie slipped on that one...

I think you just have to watch that game with some awe at what the offense did and that's an indicator of some misteps (again by Accorsi) that have set this franchise back a number of years. I'm still hopeful though!

I recall an eligible receiver becoming the intended target of a shitty pass from a kicker while getting mobbed. I'm open to speculation, but I don't recall hearing that we had offsetting penalties at all.

That would have made it a chip shot. If I'm mistaken, we'd still have another shot at it...

As for blaming the defense, perhaps you've forgotten how few subs we had available. Also, they ran a hurry up; something that's difficult to manage for teams with deep DL subs.

Of course the ending is painful, but I still watch Rocky and he loses in the end too, but considering what our offense had been; everyone thought next year; next year. Of course, who knew that an OL that was gelling would be dismantled by Ernie?

Everything changed when we let the OL go and didn't build up the DL. Which, I might add, continues to be an issue even a few years later. Ernie slipped on that one...

I think you just have to watch that game with some awe at what the offense did and that's an indicator of some misteps (again by Accorsi) that have set this franchise back a number of years. I'm still hopeful though!

Ah, that's correct, I forgot Seubert was an eligible receiver. But the Refs didn't know

this so if they called the P.I. on Okafor then it would have been offsetting.

I don't like to cry over spilled milk but Jim McNally could only make

chicken salad out of chicken shit a couple times.

No, it was offsetting. Seubert was eligible, therefore the PI shouldve been called. However, we did have an uneligible player downfield. So it shouldve been that penalty, and PI. 43 yard field goal. We wouldn't have made it anyway.

The first thing I remember before that was Delvin Joyce getting a great return to the 50, then taking a swing at some 49ers guy the second he got up. What an idiot. What happened to him anyway, he was pretty good.

As painful as it was to watch the first time, I watched it again. If only the holder would have grounded the ball when the snap was muffed, they would have had another shot at it. Oh well.

Ive watched it on NFL Net 3 times this weekend... hoping the ending would change each time....

I forgot how HORRIBLY Bryant had SHANKED that FG attempt with 3 minutes left... downright disgusting... I'm pretty sure there was zero chance of him making that last FG with 6 seconds left... but i still get pissed off that the refs blew a call like that

Tam Hopkins was illegally downfield. Three flags thrown... all for the same call... nobody saw Seubert get mugged.

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT HAPPEN?

I knew right then that Johnny Lynn sucked as a D-coordinator. After Garcia ran for three first downs in the fourth quarter and Lynn refused to put a spy on him, I knew he had no idea how to hold on to a lead.

Tam Hopkins was illegally downfield. Three flags thrown... all for the same call... nobody saw Seubert get mugged.

I knew right then that Johnny Lynn sucked as a D-coordinator. After Garcia ran for three first downs in the fourth quarter and Lynn refused to put a spy on him, I knew he had no idea how to hold on to a lead.

Johnny Lynn couldn't coach my pop warner team correctly, it was like

he was using the Madden 03 defensive playbook.

I always found it ironic that a guy who played offense his whole life as a WR ends up as a defensive coordinator. Watching that game and its bad coaching was like watching John Starks shoot away (with Riley abetting his craziness in that game) while Patrick Ewing and company literally got on their knees and begged Riley to bench him. Something about NY sports where some coaches and players go into an altered state of mind...a vapor lock to end all vapor locks. And Gentleman Jim Fassell continues to walk off of the field quietly after getting jobbed. I would have had to rob Chase Manhattan Bank after all of the fines they would have imposed on me after that non-call. That refs long dead relatives would have crawled out of their graves after the insults I would have heaped on his ancestry. <_<