SportsWrath

Torre over managing

smugiant2008

looks like the ol skipper was back at it this weekend.... it was clear Wang didnt have his best stuff on Saturday... was losing the strike zone .... he got you though 6 strong innings none the less.... cmon Joe take him out... instead he leaves him in... walks a few... then you end up blowing the entire bullpen in 1 inning that hurt us for the rest of the game and the next one also... its times like these where I think he might be losing his touch

looks like the ol skipper was back at it this weekend.... it was clear Wang didnt have his best stuff on Saturday... was losing the strike zone .... he got you though 6 strong innings none the less.... cmon Joe take him out... instead he leaves him in... walks a few... then you end up blowing the entire bullpen in 1 inning that hurt us for the rest of the game and the next one also... its times like these where I think he might be losing his touch

I think it's a combination of that and this team just doesn't have the heart that the teams of the 90's had. Back then every role player succeeded at their role. This year and last, every role player fails when they are brought in. You always knew Paul O' Neil, or Brosius, or Leyritz, etc. would pull through when they needed it. Same with the bullpens of the 90's. It was usually lights out. I think it's a lot of the coaching staff too and strength and conditioning staff. For some reason these guys just can't stay healthy, granted they are older, but still.