SportsWrath

Giants Agree To Terms With Sam Madison; 4-year Contract, $2 Million Signing Bonus

Money

Giants Strike Deal With Sam

A league source tells us that the New York Giants have reached an agreement with former Dolpins corner Sam Madison.

Madison will receive a $2 million signing bonus, and base salaries of 900,000 in 2006, $1.2 million in 2007, $1.5 million in 2008, and $1.8 million in 2009.

The deal also provides that if Madison has four or more picks in 2006, 2007, and/or 2008, the next year's salary will go up by $250,000 for each year in which he meets the threshold.

The deal is expected to be signed later on Friday, or on Saturday.

im very confident Will Allen will be re-signed by the NY Giants...

Considering how inexpensive Madison was, I would not discount the possibility of Will Allen coming back, especially if Peterson's injury is career threatening...

Considering how inexpensive Madison was, I would not discount the possibility of Will Allen coming back, especially if Peterson's injury is career threatening...

WOW! If this is true then we got him for pretty cheap. I just hope that he can come through for us!

im very confident Will Allen will be re-signed by the NY Giants...

That being said, do you think Allen would re-sign for the same as Madiosn, or would he demand more? Do you think he could get more on the open market? Curious to know your opinion on this Floyd, now that I see Madison's salary numbers.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Im sorry but every time I see this my stomic hurts

i432_shockeyshocked.gif

But anyway,

If this is true our D has just gotten a lot better.....If anything he brings experience and leadership that has been lacking

hopefully he can play DT as well...

Guest Floyd The Barber
That being said, do you think Allen would re-sign for the same as Madiosn, or would he demand more? Do you think he could get more on the open market? Curious to know your opinion on this Floyd, now that I see Madison's salary numbers.

other than Arizona, not many teams have been rumored highly interested in getting Allen, i think if it were up to Allen, he would prefer to stay in NY, comes down to how much NY is willing to give him if he is willing to listen, and if he is not offered better eleswhere...

i think alot has to do with Peterson's status as well, which will probably be unknown for a while...not sure if Webster is ready to become a full time CB yet, or if he will ever...i always saw him as a nickel corner at best...Walker has some talent, but is just too stupid, and im not thrilled over DeLoatch either...

other than Arizona, not many teams have been rumored highly interested in getting Allen, i think if it were up to Allen, he would prefer to stay in NY, comes down to how much NY is willing to give him if he is willing to listen, and if he is not offered better eleswhere...

i think alot has to do with Peterson's status as well, which will probably be unknown for a while...not sure if Webster is ready to become a full time CB yet, or if he will ever...i always saw him as a nickel corner at best...Walker has some talent, but is just too stupid, and im not thrilled over DeLoatch either...

I think Will would want to return...He was boen and played ball for Syracuse...He is a NY guy

Thank you. Points well taken. At least we agree on one thing....DeLoatch sucks.

I hope that we can somehow get Chris Hope. Him and Wilson, would become one of the best safety duos in the league and both are still very young.

That would be nice, very nice indeed. I'd be just as happy with Adam Archuleta or Corey Chavous too, but Hope definitely leads that list. EDIT: ADD MARLON MCCREE TO THAT LIST IF HE HASN'T BEEN SIGNED BY ANYONE ELSE YET.

Looking for Arrington, Witherspoon, Peterson, or June (yeah, I think he's worth the draft pick we'd have to give up due to his being a RFA) at OLB