SportsWrath

Glavine

Dragon

anyone who thought that Glavine wouldn't have been obliterated yesterday by the Yanks are out of their mind.

He went through a rough stretch last year, except they were against teams not nearly the caliber of the Yanks or Tigers. He should be back to his 6 IP 3 ER ways soon enough.

anyone who thought that Glavine wouldn't have been obliterated yesterday by the Yanks are out of their mind.

He went through a rough stretch last year, except they were against teams not nearly the caliber of the Yanks or Tigers. He should be back to his 6 IP 3 ER ways soon enough.

Great insight GateB, its a stupid thing for a guy with 295 career wins making 12 million dollars a year to be expected to at least perform marginally decent against good teams. :confused:

Can someone please explain what the hell is going on with him? I know he's not an overpowering pitcher, but why the hell has he been getting hit so hard these past two starts?

Not enough first pitch strikes, not getting the 2-3 inches on the outside

corner has hurt him alot. Causes him to throw inside more and with his

stuff it really hasn't worked. The man has won 295 games, I'm sure he will

adapt.

I fully expect that he'll be fine, but I'm starting to think that there's something physically wrong with him and he's not telling anyone.

He's 1000 years old....his arm is tired. He needs two-three weeks off and he might regain the energy he had early in the season.

Great insight GateB, its a stupid thing for a guy with 295 career wins making 12 million dollars a year to be expected to at least perform marginally decent against good teams. :confused:

At this point, money and career wins are irrelevant. Especially considering a guy making 18 mill is going to produce similar stats on the other side of NY.

If Glavine didn't pitch piss poor against the Tigers and have a couple of shaky outings before that, then I would have expected him to pitch well. But the Yanks are red hot, Glavine isn't hitting corners, what can you expect?

After his last 2 starts, would you not be happy with 6 IP 3 ER?

• 2 weeks later...