SportsWrath

Jim Finn out for the year

RandolphScott

Finn to IR

osted by Mike Garafolo June 13, 2007 2:39PM

Categories: Breaking News

FB Jim Finn has been placed on injured reserve because of a torn labrum, the team has announced. That ends his 2007 season before it begins. And that also leaves the Giants with only one fullback -- Robert Douglas, who has never dressed for an NFL game.

Finn, 30, has likely played his final game with the Giants, who were looking to replace the Fair Lawn native this off-season when they signed Vonta Leach to an offer sheet that was matched by the Texans. The team was also interested in Ovie Mughelli, who signed with the Falcons as a free agent.

Finn underwent surgery after the 2005 season to repair a torn labrum and has battled shoulder issues in the past. His most recent injury occurred last month when he was injured while delivering a block during OTAs. He underwent surgery on Monday and is facing a three-month rehab process.

An eight-year veteran, Finn began his career as a seventh-round pick by the Bears in 1999. He joined the Colts the following year and played in all 16 games. In 2003, the Bergen Catholic grad came home to play. If he's going to continue his career, it will probably happen elsewhere. Though Finn is signed through 2009, the Giants can cut him without incurring a cap hit because the signing bonus in the five-year deal he signed in 2005 was only $400,000.

MG

Well, now what the fuck are we gonna do?

All of our plans for the season at FB have totally gone in the shitter... no big blocking FB pickup, none in the draft, and now no "fallback" guy, Jim Finn.

Fuck. :furious:

Nem will be happy, quick..... somebody see if Charles Way is interested in suiting up..... if he isn't call Maurice Carthon!

Hey, I never liked Finn. But I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone. I wish him a quick recovery.

True. I might pay money to see him writhing on the ground in pain knowing his career was over with two shattered legs..................... :ph34r: . Worst part is I know somebody who can make it happen :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: .

But we don't know what happened to Tony Soprano...... :confused:

We haven't had one in years. :confused:

True, now I wonder what we would have been able to do if Brian Leonard was still available for us in the 3'rd round. I know he's a better reciever/runner than a pancake-your-ass blocker but he was versatile.

My statement is still correct.

Great, the opinion of a super-sub linebacker..... let's ask Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas before we all start getting a woody shal we? Is Jacobs the baddest mo-fo this side of Bo Jackson? Possibly, but even Bo had a good/decent lead blocker.

I believe Leonard was taken early in Rd 2. Seriously do we play with a lineman in the backfield and simply expand the plays where we use him. Or something I'm starting to like - play both jacobs and Droughns at the same time. No one really knows which one is getting the ball and the other big fella blocks.

True, now I wonder what we would have been able to do if Brian Leonard was still available for us in the 3'rd round. I know he's a better reciever/runner than a pancake-your-ass blocker but he was versatile.

Great, the opinion of a super-sub linebacker..... let's ask Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas before we all start getting a woody shal we? Is Jacobs the baddest mo-fo this side of Bo Jackson? Possibly, but even Bo had a good/decent lead blocker.

What the fuck are you talking about?. It's a joke!!!!

Jesus Christ will some of you guys on here get a sense of humor. You're killing the place with this nonsense.

What the fuck are you talking about?. It's a joke!!!!

Jesus Christ will some of you guys on here get a sense of humor. You're killing the place with this nonsense.

<_< Sorry..... tough day at work. Lately I've been taking everything seriously. :brooding: