SportsWrath

Madison in, Allen out

Motes

hes not gone little kid...

He's as good as gone. TOAST, is as good as gone.

Let me tell you a little story about your love partner, Will.

In 04', when the Gmen came to AZ to play the Cards, I took my son, lilblue to the game. His 1st Giant game, and believe me, he is a spittin image of me. Die hard Giant and Yankee fan. He was already knowledgeable of players stats and colleges at that age. HE BLEEDS BLUE.

So after, (yes, we lost 17-14) I go to where the players go after they showered and dressed. Some meet thier families there. We get autographs from B Alexander on his hat, a autographed football from Shockey, A signed card, his hat again and a poster from Ike.(One of our all time favs because the guy is TOTAL class, very nice to my kid.)Even Frankie Walker signed for my son.

Then, we spot Will, talking to an older woman, not far away. He tries to ignore us, but we call him one more time. He then stomps over, and looks my son, not me, in the face and says..."Im talking to my family, do you mind!"

I tell him no, we dont mind, we can enjoy toast for breakfast. We dont need it from you.

Your boy can go and get burned somewhere else, he's a prick. Hello Sam, glad to have ya. :TU:

He's as good as gone. TOAST, is as good as gone.

Let me tell you a little story about your love partner, Will.

In 04', when the Gmen came to AZ to play the Cards, I took my son, lilblue to the game. His 1st Giant game, and believe me, he is a spittin image of me. Die hard Giant and Yankee fan. He was already knowledgeable of players stats and colleges at that age. HE BLEEDS BLUE.

So after, (yes, we lost 17-14) I go to where the players go after they showered and dressed. Some meet thier families there. We get autographs from B Alexander on his hat, a autographed football from Shockey, A signed card, his hat again and a poster from Ike.(One of our all time favs because the guy is TOTAL class, very nice to my kid.)Even Frankie Walker signed for my son.

Then, we spot Will, talking to an older woman, not far away. He tries to ignore us, but we call him one more time. He then stomps over, and looks my son, not me, in the face and says..."Im talking to my family, do you mind!"

I tell him no, we dont mind, we can enjoy toast for breakfast. We dont need it from you.

Your boy can go and get burned somewhere else, he's a prick. Hello Sam, glad to have ya. :TU:

As of 12:01 he will no longer be a Giant, Sad Cause I like him, But oh so true

As of 12:01 he will no longer be a Giant, Sad Cause I like him, But oh so true

Except for spots of his rookie year, and the end of last year, I dont see why anyone wants this guy. He couldnt cover a bed. I'd be willing to let Walker or Deloatch play in place of him.

Can someone post the article for me? I'm at work at it's blocked. They block everything here.

Addressing one of their biggest offseason needs even before the free agent signing period officially commenced, the New York Giants on Friday reached agreement with former Miami Dolphins cornerback Sam Madison on a four-year contract.

Sam Madison

Cornerback

Miami Dolphins

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int

56 46 10 1 0 2

The deal, which has been in the works for several days, is worth $7.4 million. It includes a signing bonus of $2 million and base salaries of $900,000 (for 2006), $1.2 million (2007), $1.5 million (2008) and $1.8 million (2009). There is also an annual incentive of $250,000 for four or more interceptions.

Released by the Dolphins last week for salary cap reasons, Madison visited with Giants officials early this week, and the two sides then opened negotiations. Agent Drew Rosenhaus declined to comment on the deal, but this marks the second season in a row in which he moved one of his high-profile free agent clients to the Giants to help bolster the defense.

Last spring, Rosenhaus negotiated the contract that sent standout middle linebacker Antonio Pierce to New York. He also signed wide receiver Plaxico Burress to a contract with the Giants in 2005.

New York coaches and team officials obviously targeted Madison, upon his release, as a veteran player still capable of producing at a position that figures to undergo an overhaul this offseason. Former first-round pick Will Allen, a starter since his 2001 rookie season with the Giants, is an unrestricted free agent and is not expected to return. His longtime starting partner, Will Peterson, missed all but two games in 2005 with a serious back problem, and his future remains uncertain.

The Giants feel that second-year pro Corey Webster, a second-round choice in '05, has the skills to emerge as a starter in 2006 and youngster Curtis DeLoatch still possesses great potential. But in adding Madison, the Giants have provided themselves with stability and veteran maturity, and acquired a proven player who has always been an excellent tutor to younger cornerbacks.

Since the end of the season, it had been speculated that the Dolphins would part ways with Madison, 31, for cap reasons. Madison said early in the offseason that he would not rework his contract to stay with the team, and conceded that would probably lead to his eventual release. But in later weeks, Madison indicated he might be open to readjusting his deal. The two sides were unable, though, to strike a compromise.

It marked the second spring in a row that Miami parted with a top cornerback, with the Dolphins having traded Madison's longtime partner, Patrick Surtain to Kansas City last year for a second-round draft choice, a move also forced by the team's salary cap overage at the time. For a period of about five seasons, Surtain and Madison formed one of the NFL's elite cornerback tandems.

A nine-year veteran and four-time Pro Bowl player, Madison has 31 career interceptions and 69 passes defensed. In 138 regular-season appearances, Madison, a former Louisville star selected by Miami in the second round of the 1997 draft, had 354 tackles

Except for spots of his rookie year, and the end of last year, I dont see why anyone wants this guy. He couldnt cover a bed. I'd be willing to let Walker or Deloatch play in place of him.

I love Will Allen, Iv been out to dinner with him, his wife, and his son, He got me tickets to Giants games where I sat with the Players wives (Wash / Dallas), He got us in the tunnel where I met Kerry, Gap tooth (he was a dick) Dayne :flex: , shockey (signed a card for me and when I said thank you he replied "No...Thank you" ..and he wasnt being a wise ass) Iv been to his house...I had a couple drinks with him :doh:

But, I love the Giants more!! He has to "step it up". He has been consistent like you say but in a bad way. If he could return to the form he was at a few years ago then yes resign him...If not I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he does well somewhere else

{Lemmiwinks}

The top part is why I like him

Addressing one of their biggest offseason needs even before the free agent signing period officially commenced, the New York Giants on Friday reached agreement with former Miami Dolphins cornerback Sam Madison on a four-year contract.

Sam Madison

Cornerback

Miami Dolphins

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int

56 46 10 1 0 2

The deal, which has been in the works for several days, is worth $7.4 million. It includes a signing bonus of $2 million and base salaries of $900,000 (for 2006), $1.2 million (2007), $1.5 million (2008) and $1.8 million (2009). There is also an annual incentive of $250,000 for four or more interceptions.

Released by the Dolphins last week for salary cap reasons, Madison visited with Giants officials early this week, and the two sides then opened negotiations. Agent Drew Rosenhaus declined to comment on the deal, but this marks the second season in a row in which he moved one of his high-profile free agent clients to the Giants to help bolster the defense.

Last spring, Rosenhaus negotiated the contract that sent standout middle linebacker Antonio Pierce to New York. He also signed wide receiver Plaxico Burress to a contract with the Giants in 2005.

New York coaches and team officials obviously targeted Madison, upon his release, as a veteran player still capable of producing at a position that figures to undergo an overhaul this offseason. Former first-round pick Will Allen, a starter since his 2001 rookie season with the Giants, is an unrestricted free agent and is not expected to return. His longtime starting partner, Will Peterson, missed all but two games in 2005 with a serious back problem, and his future remains uncertain.

The Giants feel that second-year pro Corey Webster, a second-round choice in '05, has the skills to emerge as a starter in 2006 and youngster Curtis DeLoatch still possesses great potential. But in adding Madison, the Giants have provided themselves with stability and veteran maturity, and acquired a proven player who has always been an excellent tutor to younger cornerbacks.

Since the end of the season, it had been speculated that the Dolphins would part ways with Madison, 31, for cap reasons. Madison said early in the offseason that he would not rework his contract to stay with the team, and conceded that would probably lead to his eventual release. But in later weeks, Madison indicated he might be open to readjusting his deal. The two sides were unable, though, to strike a compromise.

It marked the second spring in a row that Miami parted with a top cornerback, with the Dolphins having traded Madison's longtime partner, Patrick Surtain to Kansas City last year for a second-round draft choice, a move also forced by the team's salary cap overage at the time. For a period of about five seasons, Surtain and Madison formed one of the NFL's elite cornerback tandems.

A nine-year veteran and four-time Pro Bowl player, Madison has 31 career interceptions and 69 passes defensed. In 138 regular-season appearances, Madison, a former Louisville star selected by Miami in the second round of the 1997 draft, had 354 tackles

You beat me to it. :worshippy:

Sam Madison

Cornerback

Miami Dolphins

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int

56 46 10 1 0 2

You gotta love the military computers and how they block things for us. I can get through though, he it is bro.

A nine-year veteran and four-time Pro Bowl player, Madison has 31 career interceptions and 69 passes defensed. In 138 regular-season appearances, Madison, a former Louisville star selected by Miami in the second round of the 1997 draft, had 354 tackles.

Thanks lemi...

I think this is a great move. One which I am stoked about. 4 years. just long enough to draft a CB and groom him to be a star, and still have a great veteran CB around for 1-2 years after that.

Now we need a good OLB (Peterson / Arrington / Witherspoon + Draft) and a Good DT (Kemoeatu / Pickett / Adams / Warren) to complement the great Joseph and draft a Safety and a corner our d will be tight

The top part is why I like him

Seriously lemmi?? He did all that?? I can see why you like him, but I cant understand why he was the way he was w/ my son. ANd Strahan, I've heard he was a dick on may occasions, but when ever I've met him, which was only twice, he was nice. Shock is GREAT though. That guy is the coolest! So was Ike Hilliard, nice as hell, met his wife, had numerous things autographed by him, he ALWAYS stops to at least say hello. He got a kick out of us when he came to AZ. Die hard Gmen fans and all.