SportsWrath

Who is your most overated Giant player ever?

boohyah

Hey....HEY! Don't pick on Zeke--he was a good TE for us until he got injured! :furious:

hence why the "black Mark Bavaro" could not even carry his jock.

Zeke was a tremendous TE for Simms in 84 during Simms' coming out year and was a great 2 TE backing up Bavaro.

hence why the "black Mark Bavaro" could not even carry his jock.

Zeke was a tremendous TE for Simms in 84 during Simms' coming out year and was a great 2 TE backing up Bavaro.

I was kind of toungue in cheeking it. Zeke really belongs on the other thread.

Kenny Holmes....the guy had alotta hype, ernie gave him that huge contact after he was solid on the Titans. he was a complete bust and waste of money.

Excellent choice.

after 2002 no one who can successfully snap the ball is overrated to me

Hopefuly Zak DeOssie can show he can successfully snap the ball AND

play a role on the defensive side of the ball. Kuehl is so one side and taking

up a roster spot, IMO of course.

Hopefuly Zak DeOssie can show he can successfully snap the ball AND

play a role on the defensive side of the ball. Kuehl is so one side and taking

up a roster spot, IMO of course.

yes i prefer someone who plays another position as well, im just saying that i dont take long snapper lightly at all these days

Hey....HEY! Don't pick on Zeke--he was a good TE for us until he got injured! :furious:

If it was not for the knee injury causing us to trade him (he was just a notch below Bavaro) he would have been a great one. Now all he is remembered for is the confrontation with the lesbian...oh sorry journalist in the locker room. :rolleyes:

Yeah without Strahan on the other side occupying two O-men he would not have had the free pass to the QB that he got. He was fair to good. Not great.

That should tell you how bad Cedric Jones was...

Yeah without Strahan on the other side occupying two O-men he would not have had the free pass to the QB that he got. He was fair to good. Not great.

So ya think Osi Umen' is 'benefitting' from Strahan's double teams? Or is Osi a guy who now commands a double team and Strahan has 'extended' his own career because of it?

That should tell you how bad Cedric Jones was...

He was the one who was blind in one eye right? All of these college wonders. How great could Strahan have been if he had a couple of studs opposite him that he does now. He might have been close to LT numbers in terms of impact on the game.

So ya think Osi Umen' is 'benefitting' from Strahan's double teams? Or is Osi a guy who now commands a double team and Strahan has 'extended' his own career because of it?

You know what I honestly think its a case of both...early in the season when he is a monster he takes pressure off of the young guys...later when he starts breaking down the studs occupy enough blockers so that his skills and guile can pay off with a vet sack or two by just knowing the play, down and game.

• 2 weeks later...