SportsWrath

Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

osi724dasack

While I think that given health, improved play, and a few lucky bounces the Yankees can reach a playoff spot, I think it's very doubtful. While I won't say that the division is wrapped up, the AL Central is again strong with four contenders and that leaves the wild card in doubt. Add to that that Shane Victorino is outplaying Bobby Abreu, that age has shown it's ugly face, not all of your prospects are ready yet or at least need some more learning experience, whether it be in the majors or minors, your fan base is picking you apart, Steinbrenner has an itchy trigger finger, and more injuries are bound to happen since your luck should be as good as the rest of ours injury-wise here on out. Maybe next year? Drop the bad contracts and just restart the Yankee way.

While I think that given health, improved play, and a few lucky bounces the Yankees can reach a playoff spot, I think it's very doubtful. While I won't say that the division is wrapped up, the AL Central is again strong with four contenders and that leaves the wild card in doubt. Add to that that Shane Victorino is outplaying Bobby Abreu, that age has shown it's ugly face, not all of your prospects are ready yet or at least need some more learning experience, whether it be in the majors or minors, your fan base is picking you apart, Steinbrenner has an itchy trigger finger, and more injuries are bound to happen since your luck should be as good as the rest of ours injury-wise here on out. Maybe next year? Drop the bad contracts and just restart the Yankee way.

I agree. I think it's possible, especially with Roger coming back and Cashmans job on the line so you gotta think he's gonna pull something big off. But the wild card is gonna come from the central and Boston is just too good, so it don't look good for the Yankees.

I have a feeling they will turn things around and make the playoffs.

I have a feeling we'll be talking about "when will the Yankees turn it around" all the way into September. They play baseball about as consistently as the Giants play football. <_<

Giambi's out for the year, so, now I will say yes they will make the playoffs.

Hey, Giambi landing on the DL basically saved Johnny Damon's life. If everything really does start at the top of the order and Damon is as good a leadoff hitter as I remember, then this could be huge as he finally has a chance to rest all those nagging injuries.

I just feel the need to make my point again.

No

No

No

No

No

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

No.

• 2 weeks later...
I just feel the need to make my point again.

No

No

No

No

No

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

No.

still thinking that? :rolleyes:

still thinking that? :rolleyes:

It's easy to feel good now...They haven't really closed the gap in the WC or the division...so as of now I still don't believe they'll make the playoffs. The wheels can fall off real easy it seems like...because our bullpen still sucks and still is being used improperly. We just swept the Pirates, chill out. Even if this team makes it to the playoffs...they won't win the world series...they are the same fucking team that has been on the field since 2004...old, injured and slow.

It's easy to feel good now...They haven't really closed the gap in the WC or the division...so as of now I still don't believe they'll make the playoffs. The wheels can fall off real easy it seems like...because our bullpen still sucks and still is being used improperly. We just swept the Pirates, chill out. Even if this team makes it to the playoffs...they won't win the world series...they are the same fucking team that has been on the field since 2004...old, injured and slow.

for the love of god, will Torre please use Bruney in the 8th inning instead of Farnsworth already. Farns' 70-75% sucess rate is nowhere near the rate you want an 8th ininng set up man to be at.

I think your wrong...3.5 out of the WC, and 7.5 out of the division

you arw wrong :TU:

I have a distinct advantage posting today but yes barring anymore injuries they make th playoffs and with a little luck they take the division. They were like 14 1/2 games out 2 weeks ago and now its down to 8 1/2. Plenty of games left.

The Yankees in the last two nights have done a good job at proving me right. Until they can prove that low scoring games are winnable for them, then I'll get excited...if they can only win by absolutely shelling the opponent they won't go anywhere. You are not getting seven runs a game. <_<