SportsWrath

El Duque

Continues to pitch amazingly. WHY did the Yankees ever let him go? He was always one of my favorite pitchers.

because he was 36 years old and injury prone. Dont get me worng, I LOVED El Duque and still do, but he's not reliable. Guy is always hurt and I will guarantee that he spends at least 2 more months on the DL this season.

because he was 36 years old and injury prone. Dont get me worng, I LOVED El Duque and still do, but he's not reliable. Guy is always hurt and I will guarantee that he spends at least 2 more months on the DL this season.

So has is that any different from our current group of starting pitchers?

Continues to pitch amazingly. WHY did the Yankees ever let him go? He was always one of my favorite pitchers.

Because you never know when he's going to be put on the shelf for a month.

Last October, he got hurt on the eve of the playoffs while jogging. That was a huge loss for the Mets, and there is no doubt in my mind that he'll be on the DL at least one more time before the season is over.

He claimed he was 36....more like 46. Which explains all of the injuries in his old bones.