SportsWrath

Parking Nightmare

hlb37

Did anyone else hear anything about the parking situation this year?

Supposedly the building of the totally unnesasary new stadium will eliminate 5000 parking spots this year. The Giants plan to make people pre pay for parking and are going to limit the number of passes that can be purchased by each season ticket holder. No pass? You will have to park off site and take a bus over. this really sucks big time.

Did anyone else hear anything about the parking situation this year?

Supposedly the building of the totally unnesasary new stadium will eliminate 5000 parking spots this year. The Giants plan to make people pre pay for parking and are going to limit the number of passes that can be purchased by each season ticket holder. No pass? You will have to park off site and take a bus over. this really sucks big time.

Not 100% certian on this but with the rediculous "THING" known as Xanadu + the building of the new stadium on the current parking lot I can certianly see 5,000+ parking spaces being unavailable. My tickets made no mention of this so I will be making inquiries.

It's already a parking nightmare. With Xanadu alone it's going to be hell. When the New Stadium you're going to have to leave on Thursday and exepct to get home on Tuesday.

The fucked up thing about Xanadu is that it might be the only retail mall in Bergen County that will be open on Sundays, if it is everyone will be up in arms about it because of the Blue Laws that prohibit retail shops from opening. Not to mention that if that place opens Sundays there will be hell to pay with parking, the most logical thing to do is to keep everyone happy and close on Sunday but as we all know peoples judgement can certianly be clouded when there is a dollar to be made.

The fucked up thing about Xanadu is that it might be the only retail mall in Bergen County that will be open on Sundays, if it is everyone will be up in arms about it because of the Blue Laws that prohibit retail shops from opening. Not to mention that if that place opens Sundays there will be hell to pay with parking, the most logical thing to do is to keep everyone happy and close on Sunday but as we all know peoples judgement can certianly be clouded when there is a dollar to be made.

GSP isn't open on Sunday's? I didn't know that

I've gotten lost in that place the first time I was in it.

I guess tail-gating will have to be even earlier this year. I wouldn't worry too much about the mall when it comes to spots. Think about it - you'd have to be a moron to battle traffic and the mob scene at the Meadowlands on a Sunday just to go to the mall. I wouldn't put it past some people but ---

A couple of years ago I heard the Giants were trying to make sure Xanadu would be closed on Sunday's as part of the deal to share the space with NJ. I guess they lost that battle.

I think it does suck tho to lose 5,000 spots. The area there is so huge and undeveloped it just doesn't make too much sense. Knowing our organization they'll probably raise parking prices to boot.