SportsWrath

Here is what kills me about Giants fans...

BadEgg

I make a post predicting the Giants battling it out for the basement.

Interestingly, many of the so-called experts are not exactly in love with the Giants right now. Now, I do not put much stock in the "experts." However, it goes to show that I am not alone in my opinion. :worshippy:

So I make my post, and the best that Giants fans come up with is shots at the Cowboys, and shots at me for being a so-called "troll." :blah: This is called avoiding the issue. Conversely, maybe you know what I say is true, and there is no counter-argument. This troll does not know.

And you wonder why I come on once a month and never respond...Do you homers ever post anything that justifies a response? :doh:

P.S. You people jumping on the Brandon Jacobs bandwagon cleary do not appreciate what Tiki Barber meant to your franchise. He carried that overrated QB and mediocre offensive line by slipping and cutting through non-existant holes. I can't wait to see Brandon Jacobs try and run on Dallas behind that same sive... :evilgrin: And I can't wait to watch Eli try to pass with no running game to speak of...

Interestingly, many of the so-called experts are not exactly in love with the Giants right now. Now, I do not put much stock in the "experts." However, it goes to show that I am not alone in my opinion. :worshippy:

So I make my post, and the best that Giants fans come up with is shots at the Cowboys, and shots at me for being a so-called "troll." :blah: This is called avoiding the issue. Conversely, maybe you know what I say is true, and there is no counter-argument. This troll does not know.

And you wonder why I come on once a month and never respond...Do you homers ever post anything that justifies a response? :doh:

P.S. You people jumping on the Brandon Jacobs bandwagon cleary do not appreciate what Tiki Barber meant to your franchise. He carried that overrated QB and mediocre offensive line by slipping and cutting through non-existant holes. I can't wait to see Brandon Jacobs try and run on Dallas behind that same sive... :evilgrin: And I can't wait to watch Eli try to pass with no running game to speak of...

I can't wait to see that bitch Williams try to horse-collar Jacobs like he did to Tiki every game. He's gettin' dragged to the endzone. Hope he breaks a few fingers trying.

I didn't call you a troll and just defended you. You posted some smack here last month and I responded. Now if you're going to come on calling us homers. Last I heard we're a Giants site, so if you're on here looking for support for your view, wrong place!!.

I do appreciate what Tiki did for our franchise, but please explain the theory behind "non existant holes"???. Was Tiki a magician perhaps?.

We don't jump on the Jacobs bandwagon, he's been here 2 years already, we know what he can do and we think he's going to be a stud. Actually with Jacobs, he may not need non - existant holes. It's a different running game with Jacobs, and some of us "homers" are actually looking forward to it.

Many reasonable Giant fans know what the issues are with Eli, and most of us admit to him needing to get better. But don't you think (shot at Cowboys coming up), you should be more concerned about you're own overblown QB. How fast did you guys jump on the bandwagon of a guy who took 4 years to make it as a starter, and if Bledsoe had to play better, would still be a reserve going into this year. Romo surprised the league this last half of the season, you know well he's about to be found out.

(another shot at Cowboys). As bad as our situation with Coughlin is, I'd be pretty upset with my club if the only reason that a coach was hired was in his ability to say "Yes Mr Jones".

The basement in the NFC, you're welcome to it, in fact you'll be there next December.

The "experts" panned us for not taking a LT in the first round to develop, while not taking into consideration that we already have a LT developing. But the reality was that it was our defense that cost us games last year: between a staggeringly stupid defensive philosophy, and Ernie's love for having the best LBs on the bench that money can buy.

Even if Kawika Mitchell and Kiwi prove to be mediocre LBs, if they can stay on the field all season, they'll be an improvement over last year. And if Spagnolo creates such innovations in the defensive scheme as not sending Osi and Strahan into coverage on obvious passing downs, and not conceding 10 yards in the middle of the field on 3rd down, we stand to improve our defensive ranking considerably.

Between that and a considerably easier schedule, we should do all right.

Nah, I just like taking shots at the cowboys. Especially when people seem to forget we blew them out the first game, and our vaunted "pass coverage is for pansies" defense handed them the second game.

Our "mediocre line" seemed to make holes large enough for a 1,600 yard runner. Again. The right side was creating some HUGE holes throughout the season. Our line really hasn't been mediocre since 2004--a quick jaunt to football outsiders will show you that. Oh, gee, I guess being ranked fourth is "mediocre."

AFAIC, Jacobs wasn't used enough last year. He averaged 4.4 yds/carry last year, with 33 first downs. That was playing most of the season as a short yardage back. Over 4 yards a carry while facing 8 man fronts most of the time? I'll take that. Again, look at Football Outsiders. Specifically, Jacob's success rate and DVOA, which are both better than Tiki's. I take more stock in the success rate, as it takes into consideration down and distance, and puts Jacobs 3rd in the league.

I'm not implying that Tiki wasn't great for us, but if you think our running game is just going to disappear, you're in for a nasty reality.

The "experts" panned us for not taking a LT in the first round to develop, while not taking into consideration that we already have a LT developing. But the reality was that it was our defense that cost us games last year: between a staggeringly stupid defensive philosophy, and Ernie's love for having the best LBs on the bench that money can buy.

Even if Kawika Mitchell and Kiwi prove to be mediocre LBs, if they can stay on the field all season, they'll be an improvement over last year. And if Spagnolo creates such innovations in the defensive scheme as not sending Osi and Strahan into coverage on obvious passing downs, and not conceding 10 yards in the middle of the field on 3rd down, we stand to improve our defensive ranking considerably.

Between that and a considerably easier schedule, we should do all right.

Nah, I just like taking shots at the cowboys. Especially when people seem to forget we blew them out the first game, and our vaunted "pass coverage is for pansies" defense handed them the second game.

Our "mediocre line" seemed to make holes large enough for a 1,600 yard runner. Again. The right side was creating some HUGE holes throughout the season. Our line really hasn't been mediocre since 2004--a quick jaunt to football outsiders will show you that. Oh, gee, I guess being ranked fourth is "mediocre."

AFAIC, Jacobs wasn't used enough last year. He averaged 4.4 yds/carry last year, with 33 first downs. That was playing most of the season as a short yardage back. Over 4 yards a carry while facing 8 man fronts most of the time? I'll take that. Again, look at Football Outsiders. Specifically, Jacob's success rate and DVOA, which are both better than Tiki's. I take more stock in the success rate, as it takes into consideration down and distance, and puts Jacobs 3rd in the league.

I'm not implying that Tiki wasn't great for us, but if you think our running game is just going to disappear, you're in for a nasty reality.

HA HA HA...Football Outsiders Success Rate???? If you go by that, Jacobs is also ranked hire than LT, Larry Johnson, and Steven Jackson. What are these people smoking? :LMAO: Please tell me you would rather have Jacobs than LT, Johnson, or Jackson...

Give Jacobs the ball 25 times against a good defense and he will be exposed. You will see. And, I'm sorry but I think it's a little premature to call the Giants, or any other schedule, "easier." It was supposed to be "easier" for the Giants in Tennessee last season, remember? And Seattle wasn't going to get lucky again with missed field goals. And, of course, the Giants were going to destroy the Cowboys at home with Romo at QB. :clap:

vs. The New York Giants

Is there any reason to believe that this will not be the battle for the NFC East basement this year? confused.gif

I expect a spirited bout and predict that the team with the fewest injuries will take third place. If Eli reaches his full potential there is no reason why the G-Men can't pull this one out... LMAO.gif

How are people supposed to respond to this? You say noone posts facts debating this claim, but you post know facts supporting this claim for people to debate.

HA HA HA...Football Outsiders Success Rate???? If you go by that, Jacobs is also ranked hire than LT, Larry Johnson, and Steven Jackson. What are these people smoking? :LMAO: Please tell me you would rather have Jacobs than LT, Johnson, or Jackson...

Give Jacobs the ball 25 times against a good defense and he will be exposed. You will see. And, I'm sorry but I think it's a little premature to call the Giants, or any other schedule, "easier." It was supposed to be "easier" for the Giants in Tennessee last season, remember? And Seattle wasn't going to get lucky again with missed field goals. And, of course, the Giants were going to destroy the Cowboys at home with Romo at QB. :clap:

There are other considerations besides success rate, which doesn't take into consideration things like eating the clock. I linked to a chart that had a number of different rankings. However, considering that Jacobs had less than a third of the runs that Tiki had, I consider that a reasonable measure of his abilities. But if you want to go with DPAR, that's fine. He was ranked 22, better than your number 2 guy, with less than half the carries. That would be right there with Corey Dillon, Rudi Johnson, and McGahee.

Again, I didn't see any evidence to indicate that I should expect the complete absence of a running game you seem to think will happen.

Of course I'd take Tomlinson and L. Johnson.

Wow, you know surprisingly little about the Giants, past and present. But thanks for chiming in anyway...

Here's a great line:

Interestingly, many of the so-called experts are not exactly in love with the Giants right now. Now, I do not put much stock in the "experts." However, it goes to show that I am not alone in my opinion.

WHAT THE FUCK????

:LMAO: Your a tool. Funny how the "experst" have you guys as a playoff team. Maybe you shouldnt put ANY stock into them. :ph34r:

Many reasonable Giant fans know what the issues are with Eli, and most of us admit to him needing to get better. But don't you think (shot at Cowboys coming up), you should be more concerned about you're own overblown QB. How fast did you guys jump on the bandwagon of a guy who took 4 years to make it as a starter, and if Bledsoe had to play better, would still be a reserve going into this year. Romo surprised the league this last half of the season, you know well he's about to be found out.

(another shot at Cowboys). As bad as our situation with Coughlin is, I'd be pretty upset with my club if the only reason that a coach was hired was in his ability to say "Yes Mr Jones".

The basement in the NFC, you're welcome to it, in fact you'll be there next December.

surprisingly well said. :clap:

Why would anyone respond to this scmuck??? :confused:

Hey badegg, do you realize that you are only proving the obvious??? THAT YOU ARE AFRAID OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!

Why else would you keep coming on here trying to prove your point. If so many people say we are bad, and you are sure that we suck, why are we a threat to you??

LOL!!! 36-22 Mon night football.

7 of Homo's INT's came against.....THE GMEN!!!!

We're gonna kill you.

I figured our games are what killed BadEgg.

I mean really, we weren't even a good team last year and Dallas struggled to win one. Thank goodness for Gramatica.

I don't make excuses, but Dallas is in for a rude awakening this season: new coach, new plan, and three defenses that are either good or getting better....puhlease!

I have a Dalass fan in my life and all I hear is how they're going to do this, that, or the other. It's funny, he never even thinks that he'l be in the cellar; never crossed his mind, despite the fact that it's a whole new season and not only have they changed, but so have we.

I'd guess that we'll win the East followed by the Skins, the Beagles, and then Dalass.

I look forward to the surprised look on everyone's face when our team just grinds other's down. It'll be fun and then all the people getting wild haired for Dallas will be singing a different tune by week 4.

You will not find this Giant fan under appreciating Tiki Barber. He carried our offense for the last 3 years and Jacobs has a long, long way to go before he is mentioned in the same breath as Tiki Barber, who should be a 1st ballot HOFer. We are a basement team without him the last couple of years, however, I do not agree that Jacobs won't do a good job, if he can stay healthy. And I think the Giants can challenge for the division if David Deihl can hold down the LT position and play at least 14 games.

You will not find this Giant fan under appreciating Tiki Barber. He carried our offense for the last 3 years and Jacobs has a long, long way to go before he is mentioned in the same breath as Tiki Barber, who should be a 1st ballot HOFer. We are a basement team without him the last couple of years, however, I do not agree that Jacobs won't do a good job, if he can stay healthy. And I think the Giants can challenge for the division if David Deihl can hold down the LT position and play at least 14 games.

No he shouldn't.

No he shouldn't.

And you're reasoning for that is? He's one of the greatest Giants ever to put on a uniform, of course LT is the greatest, but Tiki is the greatest RB we've ever had. He has been one of the great RB's in the game and has had some of the greatest offensive seasons in terms of yards per scrimmage OF ANY PLAYER in NFL history.

And you're reasoning for that is? He's one of the greatest Giants ever to put on a uniform, of course LT is the greatest, but Tiki is the greatest RB we've ever had. He has been one of the great RB's in the game and has had some of the greatest offensive seasons in terms of yards per scrimmage OF ANY PLAYER in NFL history.

1. No ring

2. No ring

3. Took him 7 years to get to the plateau.

He could be a hall of famer, he sure as hell ain't no

first ballot. If he is, that's an injustice to Art Monk and

Thurman Thomas.

Barber is 17th on the all-time NFL rushing list even after leaving in his prime. In 2005, Tiki had the 2nd best season EVER by a running back in yards from scrimmage. By the way, he's 10th all time in the NFL in yards from scrimmage in between two guys named Dorsett and Dickerson. 1st ballot. BTW, Tiki also had the NFL's best season in Yards from scrimmage in 2004 with 2,096 yards. And in 2006 he had 2,127 yards from scrimmage. 3 seasons in a row with at least 2000 yards from scrimmage, and you don't think he's carried the Giants offense the last 3 years? Barber played for 10 seasons, but only 5 seasons was he given a chance to be the feature back. He was one of the greatest RB's of all time for those 5 seasons, and I think that's enough to punch his ticket to Canton.

Barber is 17th on the all-time NFL rushing list even after leaving in his prime. In 2005, Tiki had the 2nd best season EVER by a running back in yards from scrimmage. By the way, he's 10th all time in the NFL in yards from scrimmage in between two guys named Dorsett and Dickerson. 1st ballot. BTW, Tiki also had the NFL's best season in Yards from scrimmage in 2004 with 2,096 yards. And in 2006 he had 2,127 yards from scrimmage. 3 seasons in a row with at least 2000 yards from scrimmage, and you don't think he's carried the Giants offense the last 3 years? Barber played for 10 seasons, but only 5 seasons was he given a chance to be the feature back. He was one of the greatest RB's of all time for those 5 seasons, and I think that's enough to punch his ticket to Canton.

Tiki really isn't a first ballot hall of famer, it's just too bad

the hall of fame goes on the whole career, not just those 5 seasons.

Tiki might get in, but he won't be a first ballot HOF, he

might have to suffer what Harry Carson went through.

Only thing that might help Tiki is that he is/was a media

whore.

Tiki really isn't a first ballot hall of famer, it's just too bad

the hall of fame goes on the whole career, not just those 5 seasons.

Tiki might get in, but he won't be a first ballot HOF, he

might have to suffer what Harry Carson went through.

Only thing that might help Tiki is that he is/was a media

whore.

Only reason Tiki would even care is because being in the HOF would get him more viewers.

1. No ring

2. No ring

3. Took him 7 years to get to the plateau.

He could be a hall of famer, he sure as hell ain't no

first ballot. If he is, that's an injustice to Art Monk and

Thurman Thomas.

I could be wrong, but doesn't Tiki own the record for Total Yards from Scrimmage for an entire career?

That would be Marshall Faulk, who will get in before Tiki does; even if Tiki has to wait.

Other reasons:

1) never won rushing lead for the season

2) 3 years with low turnovers doesn't hide the other 7 years

3) There isn't a single category where one of his contemporaries didn't out-perform him