SportsWrath

after giving it some more thought.....

I feel the Giants should have traded their first round pick to the chargers for the burner. Im not really too high on Aaron Ross and I dont think that Droughns(sp) compliments Jacobs. turner can also punt return. I dont know, maybe its just me, but I think we made a mistake not going after turner.

He was tendered at the highest possible level, which means that signing him would have cost a 1st and 3rd in this year's draft, as well as whatever financial terms you agreed to. That's a steep price for a 25-year old RB without any starting experience.

If he can return punts, that's news to the NFL since he has 0 career punt returns.

He was tendered at the highest possible level, which means that signing him would have cost a 1st and 3rd in this year's draft, as well as whatever financial terms you agreed to. That's a steep price for a 25-year old RB without any starting experience.

If he can return punts, that's news to the NFL since he has 0 career punt returns.

thats is alot, I thouht it was only this years first round pick, in which I would have done...and I could have sworn I saw him run a punt back for a TD against the chiefs last year...guess Im buggin. The fact that he's never been a starter is one of the reasons I like him...that means he's more like a 22 year old back. I think he'd be one of the best RB's in the league if the best running back in football history(arguably) wasnt on his team and in his prime.

thats is alot, I thouht it was only this years first round pick, in which I would have done...and I could have sworn I saw him run a punt back for a TD against the chiefs last year...guess Im buggin. The fact that he's never been a starter is one of the reasons I like him...that means he's more like a 22 year old back. I think he'd be one of the best RB's in the league if the best running back in football history(arguably) wasnt on his team and in his prime.

He's been very impressive whenever he's stepped on the field. It's small sample size, but his career yards per carry is 6.0, which is awesome. Based on that, it seems like he'd put big numbers if he became a starter. However, although he has less wear and tear than other RBs his age, we don't know if he can handle 300+ carries in a season, if he can pick up blitzes, if he can catch passes out of the backfield. Signing him to a huge contract is a leap of faith, especially if you have to give up premium draft picks. Also, if you already have a promising RB like Jacobs, then it wouldn't make sense to sign Turner because it essentially ensures that Jacobs will walk when he becomes a free agent.

He's been very impressive whenever he's stepped on the field. It's small sample size, but his career yards per carry is 6.0, which is awesome. Based on that, it seems like he'd put big numbers if he became a starter. However, although he has less wear and tear than other RBs his age, we don't know if he can handle 300+ carries in a season, if he can pick up blitzes, if he can catch passes out of the backfield. Signing him to a huge contract is a leap of faith, especially if you have to give up premium draft picks. Also, if you already have a promising RB like Jacobs, then it wouldn't make sense to sign Turner because it essentially ensures that Jacobs will walk when he becomes a free agent.

I heare you, your points are valid. 6 ypc is just insane. I guess for all themoney and the picks its not worth, but id love to see what this kid could if he were a starter

I heare you, your points are valid. 6 ypc is just insane. I guess for all themoney and the picks its not worth, but id love to see what this kid could if he were a starter

We'll find out in 2008 ... or if Tomlinson gets hurt...

Could that have been Darren Sproles? He's one of their return guys and is a RB as well.

I think if there's one position on the team we're set at, it's RB.

Jacobs is going to be a star. He's Larry Johnson with more size and speed.

Droughns is a serviceable backup who's gained 1200 yards each of the last two years. He can get it done in the NFL.

I like the seventh-round guy we went after, too.

We don't need Turner... certainly not for a first and third.

Droughns is a serviceable backup who's gained 1200 yards each of the last two years. He can get it done in the NFL.

Until Jacobs started playing for the Jints he had a 6.7 ypc in all of his college career. I think he will be a tremendous RB.

Jacobs has an impressive array of talent, but let's not elevate him above Larry Johnson just yet. He's not faster than LJ, and, more importantly, he doesn't have the short area quickness that LJ has, primarily because he has 25-30 pounds on the guy.

Droughns gained 758 yards last year, not 1200...

Then I'm lost as to whom he might have been referring to, any ideas?

The Chargers have scored 1 special teams TD in the least three years, and it was an 87-yard kickoff return by Tim Dwight against the Jets in 2004.