SportsWrath

My Article on the Giants Draft

Money

"Parapsychologists" should be capitalised and you've left a typo here: "...especially when you write two offseason articles consisting off 27 pages and 10,000 total words and none of it comes to fruition."

"Parapsychologists" should be capitalised and you've left a typo here: "...especially when you write two offseason articles consisting off 27 pages and 10,000 total words and none of it comes to fruition."

Thanks. You want a job as my editor? I don't pay anything, but I'll forward you all hilarious e-mails and YouTube clips I come across...

He won’t consistently challenge defenses vertically, but he has adequate speed and he’ll get behind a lot of pro CB’s with his repertoire of double-moves, particularly his beautiful slant-and-go route (check out his highlight videos).

Shoulda linked that.

Really shoulda laid off of the white comments....Token White Guy? 4 of our starting olinemen are white. Chase is white. Kicker and punter. Long snapper. Comes across as borderline racist.

Follow the link that says "Jerry Reese reads my stuff." All the TWG stuff will make perfect sense after that...

Here, I'll save you the time: Playing the Chase Card

Oh please, nosebleed. We're talking about stuff that happened 35+ years ago!

I know your joking, but to make fun of someone's grandfather

who was killed? C'mon, I know your better than that.

You should have atleast added someone with a weird name to your list.

I know your joking, but to make fun of someone's grandfather

who was killed? C'mon, I know your better than that.

You should have atleast added someone with a weird name to your lost.

I read recently that comedy equals tragedy plus time. I liked that. Plenty of time has passed, and drafting Kiwi and Charlie Peprah was the coincidence of all coincidences...

(1) Impregnate the head coach’s daughter

We need to find more guys who do this.

Or just put Coughlin's daughter in charge of OL recruiting and let her fuck her way to an all pro line.

Good article, Except for this part:

While Hilliard has become a popular comparison among Giants fans

maybe I miss read, or simply don't understand what you're saying... But are you saying Giants fans believe Steve Smith is going to be a total bust? Or that Steve Smith is going be on the IR list for most of his Giants career? Or that he's going to be one of the league leaders of drop balls, even though he'll spend most of the season on IR? Or that he's going to fumble alot? Or that he's 9.9 yards a catch is really not going to scare anyone?

Because if that's the case, I think its offensive to Steve Smith to be compared to a 7th overall bust like that.

A few things, Nem. First, I didn't compare Smith to Hilliard; I pointed out that Giants fans have made that comparison.

Second, only in your mind is Hilliard viewed as a "total bust." Bust implies that he never amounted to anything. Was he worth the 7th overall pick? No, and that's a fair point. But he was absolutely a solid receiver for us; a total bust doesn't complie 5000 receiving yards and 30 TDs over the course of his career, playing the majority of the time with lousy QBs. Also, you have to evaluate him in the context of his draft class. Would you have been happier with Reidel Anthony, Yatil Green, or Rae Carruth -- three 1st round WRs whose CUMULATIVE career numbers amount to less than half of Ike' career production?

Third, sure he was injured quite often, but I'm not sure why you feel compelled to direct that as a criticism. The guy BROKE HIS NECK in his second career game and there was doubt that he would ever play again. He also had one season taken away because of a blatant cheap shot by Brian Dawkins. But yeah, none of that matters. All that matters is that he was on IR a whopping 3 times, and besides the time missed from the two aforementioned devastating injuries, he's missed an entire 7 games during his career.

Good read Drama/Money...... whatever you call yourself now :confused: . I especially enjoyed your parody of Ernie Accorsi talking to Mike Fatcessa about Kevin Boss, "Unitas would have loved this kid." <=== Hilarious because I've heard him say it at least 6 or 7 times including a guy so awful (Derek Brown) he should have been dragged out of the stadium like some drunken Cowgirls fan.

Good read Drama/Money...... whatever you call yourself now :confused: . I especially enjoyed your parody of Ernie Accorsi talking to Mike Fatcessa about Kevin Boss, "Unitas would have loved this kid." <=== Hilarious because I've heard him say it at least 6 or 7 times including a guy so awful (Derek Brown) he should have been dragged out of the stadium like some drunken Cowgirls fan.

Wasn't Derek Brown drafted by George Young? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you.

A few things, Nem. First, I didn't compare Smith to Hilliard; I pointed out that Giants fans have made that comparison.

Second, only in your mind is Hilliard viewed as a "total bust." Bust implies that he never amounted to anything. Was he worth the 7th overall pick? No, and that's a fair point. But he was absolutely a solid receiver for us; a total bust doesn't complie 5000 receiving yards and 30 TDs over the course of his career, playing the majority of the time with lousy QBs. Also, you have to evaluate him in the context of his draft class. Would you have been happier with Reidel Anthony, Yatil Green, or Rae Carruth -- three 1st round WRs whose CUMULATIVE career numbers amount to less than half of Ike' career production?

Please forgive me, you're absolutely correct. I keep forgetting when NFL teams draft a WR in the the top 10. They're only looking for a WR who only averages 500 yards, 3 TDs, and 45 catches in a season. Forget the fact that they expect, at one point in this WR's career, for him to have a 1000 yard season. Or maybe, just maybe, have a 10 TD plus season. Hell, or perhaps go one season where he doesn't average less than 10 yards a catch. I know, silly thought, isn't it?

And for your information... I wanted to draft either Orlando Pace (Which I knew we wasn't going to be able to draft.) Walter Jones (Which I really thought we were going to draft :brooding: ) Tony Gonzalez (Which we should of drafted) and Yatil Green (Ok fine, I went ga-ga over his speed too)

Ike hilliard was expected to go in the second round. I till this day don't understand why we drafted him 7th OVERALL! What the fuck!

Third, sure he was injured quite often, but I'm not sure why you feel compelled to direct that as a criticism. The guy BROKE HIS NECK in his second career game and there was doubt that he would ever play again. He also had one season taken away because of a blatant cheap shot by Brian Dawkins. But yeah, none of that matters. All that matters is that he was on IR a whopping 3 times, and besides the time missed from the two aforementioned devastating injuries, he's missed an entire 7 games during his career.

Ike was on the IR 3 0f the 8 season he was with us. That's nearly 50 % money...That's alot, don't you think?