SportsWrath

ARod throws a cheap shot elbow...

mickeef2

...and Michael Kay says nothing. Oh wait- he said, "It looked like Alex was trying to regain his balance." :LMAO:

I also liked his bit about how maybe some pitchers should just flash their own signs. Flaherty sounded like he was explaining baseball to a three-year-old.

...and Michael Kay says nothing. Oh wait- he said, "It looked like Alex was trying to regain his balance." :LMAO:

I also liked his bit about how maybe some pitchers should just flash their own signs. Flaherty sounded like he was explaining baseball to a three-year-old.

He really said that? Wow! That sure looked intentional to me. I'm pretty sure we could've had the double play and saved Okajima his second ER of the season if A-Rod hadn't pulled an A-rod. I mean, we all know that he's no stranger to this kind of behavior...except usually there's a slap involved.

I think it is a good play, stopped the Dp. It will be interesting if he gets plunked tonight :flex: I think he is too much a vagina to charge the mound

It's baseball 101 that you go in hard, you can even go in cleats up if you're that kind of player. But you don't come out of your slide to elbow a guy who's already crossed the bag and is out of your way. That's just dirty baseball. But that's ARod.

Even if it isn't a big deal, I still think that any blatant dick move by a player, Red Sox, Yankee, or otherwise, should be treated with scorn and contempt. A dick move is a dick move.

Pedroia lets it slide: If it wasn't Alex Rodriguez, if it wasn't Yankee Stadium, if it wasn't Red Sox-Yankees, you probably would have heard precious little about Dustin Pedroia being elbowed while missing a double-play attempt in the eighth inning on Tuesday night.

But when it comes to A-Rod and the Red Sox, there always seems to be something.

Yankees Coverage

• Yankees put on hitting clinic to top Sox

• Clemens extends himself in Trenton

• Notes: A-Rod defends the slide

• Pavano's Yankees tenure likely over

Red Sox Coverage

• Schilling shaky in loss in finale

• Notes: Drew gets some rest

Season Series

Boston leads 6-2

• 5/22: Red Sox 7, Yankees 3

• 5/21: Yankees 6, Red Sox 2

Previous season series

• 2006: Yankees 11, Red Sox 8

• 2005: Yankees 10, Red Sox 9

• 2004: Red Sox 11, Yankees 8

"It doesn't bother me," said Pedroia. "I've been in the league three months. He's probably the best player in the baseball. So it's not like I can sit here and say how he should slide into second base or whatever."

Still, Pedroia didn't like being elbowed. According to A-Rod, it was accidental.

"I tried to go in hard and clean," said Rodriguez. "But the slide was a little awkward. He used the bag very well for protection. As I hit the bag, I just kind of jumped up a little bit. It was [Jorge] Posada running, so he needed all the help he could get."

In July 2004, A-Rod brawled with catcher Jason Varitek after being hit by a pitch. Three months after that, Rodriguez slapped the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's hand while trying to beat out a ground ball.

A-Rod insisted that there was nothing personal with Tuesday's slide and elbow.

"I like Pedroia," Rodriguez said. "I have a lot of respect for those guys over there. Every run for us is huge, and I'm not just going to go in there like a little baby doll and try to hug him. I have a lot of respect for him, but I'm trying to play hard. By any means, it was not intentional."

A-Rod contradicted himself in that last quote. He said he's going really hard and doing everything it takes to disrupt the DP, but he claims him pulling Pedroia out of the play was unintentional.

I really can't tell and don't care enough to tell if he did it intentionally. From one angle it looks like he bounced straight from the slide to intentionally elbow pedroia and in another it looks accidental.

I'm ready to move on, but I doubt that the media will. At least until Roger comes to Fenway.

Ooh boo fucking hoo. Your classless fuck wad pitchers have been intentionally throwing the ball at our batters for years.

Name one besides Pedro?

The thing that got me pissed was when that shit hit the fan.

Don Zimmer didn't like people being hit in the head because

that's how his career ended, well Don, where were you in 2000

when Clemens threw at Piazza's head? Fucking hypocrite

Name one besides Pedro?

Game, set, match. Discussion over.

In all seriousness look at what Clemens has done, he threw at Piazza because Piazza owned him, he use to throw at Jeter because Jeter owned him.

Name one besides Pedro?

Pedro has been long gone from the Sox and yet everyother game Jeter gets pegged, then Arod, then whoever. Yeah, Pedro was Pedro and thats the appeal. Meanwhile Schilling pegs, no-names peg us. Been happening for a long time.

Hmmmm, lets see ....... AROD throws or doesn't throw an elbow trying to break up a double play into a scrub 2'nd baseman. Who fucking cares? :rolleyes: Pedroia (sp?) should be more worried about trying to figure out a major league strike zone then a guy who caused some physical contact....... last I checked baseball wasn't tennis. Maybe things between the Sox and the Yankees have gotten too chummy (evidenced by the patting of Posada from Man-Ram).... perhaps AROD would rather have this be like the old rivalry that it is; nasty and full of hatred. Want to slide hard into home go ahead....... throw at our best guy and we'll throw at yours. Last I checked that was the way that the players kept things in line and didn't rely on the umps or their coaches to broker peace on the field.

BTW for the sake of the argument Jeter has taken a beanball in 7 of the last 16 Yankees-Red Sox series. And quite frankly since he is the Yankees best player, if I were Joe Torre I would be perfectly fine with throwing at Ortiz.

Game, set, match. Discussion over.

In all seriousness look at what Clemens has done, he threw at Piazza because Piazza owned him, he use to throw at Jeter because Jeter owned him.

Of course, I remember Piazza hitting rocket (pun intended) homers

against Clemens at Shea and Yankee Stadium. I distinctly

remember him hitting a 3 run homer than went out of the stadium

in about 3 seconds.

I think the funniest quote from this whole shin-did occurred in 2004

when Bronson Arroyo hit A-Rod on that football padding he wears,

A-Rod was pissed so Varitek goes "We don't throw at guys who hit .260"

I think the funniest quote from this whole shin-did occurred in 2004

when Bronson Arroyo hit A-Rod on that football padding he wears,

A-Rod was pissed so Varitek goes "We don't throw at guys who hit .260"

that makes alot of sense being that A-Rod has never batted under .285 in a season. Is that the same Jason Vagitek who tried to assault A-Rod wearing FULL protective catchers gear...mask and all only to get body slammed by The Rod and then watched Tanyon Sturtze MANHANDLE NIGGAS

that makes alot of sense being that A-Rod has never batted under .285 in a season. Is that the same Jason Vagitek who tried to assault A-Rod wearing FULL protective catchers gear...mask and all only to get body slammed by The Rod and then watched Tanyon Sturtze MANHANDLE NIGGAS

:LMAO: you still have that pic?

That game occurred in April

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

He really said that? Wow! That sure looked intentional to me. I'm pretty sure we could've had the double play and saved Okajima his second ER of the season if A-Rod hadn't pulled an A-rod. I mean, we all know that he's no stranger to this kind of behavior...except usually there's a slap involved.

I kid you not, Lorf. That's what he said. Even after they showed the replay about ten times, he never said a word to the contrary.

So he and Flaherty are talking about signs from the catcher and how some pitchers let the catcher dictate what pitch to throw and other pitchers will shake off any pitches they don't wanna throw, and Kay says, "John, why don't those pitchers just flash their own signs to the catcher?" He was dead serious. After pausing for a half an hour to collect his thoughts, Flaherty says, "Well, Michael, then the hitter would know what was coming."

And for the record, the Varitek/ARod game was in July (24th?), and the Sox were about 7 out at the time. I remember because I was camping and listening on the radio. I liked it even better when 'Tek told him "Shut the fuck up and go to first base" before smashing his face. The computer in the Sox clubhouse had that picture as the background for the rest of that season.

And for the record, the Varitek/ARod game was in July (24th?), and the Sox were about 7 out at the time. I remember because I was camping and listening on the radio. I liked it even better when 'Tek told him "Shut the fuck up and go to first base" before smashing his face. The computer in the Sox clubhouse had that picture as the background for the rest of that season.

that was the most pussy shit ever i mean honestly I can't believe people fail to realize that he didnt even take off his mask for that fight...and he was the one who ended up hurting his hand. i haven't read this thread so i dont know what has been said but yeah a-rod went out of his way but its not like it was a takedown or anything just a nudging elbow everyone should get over it its not that big of a deal, no one got hurt, and besides jeter had gotten beaned before that and the yankees never retaliate for shit so yeah.