SportsWrath

New York Mets @ Atlanta Braves game series

Plax 4 Prez

Through with Yanks, Mets visit Braves

New York (28-16) at Atlanta (26-18), Tuesday, 7:35 p.m. ET

The Subway Series has ended, the Mets got the better of the Yankees despite a 6-2 loss on Sunday and the Empire State Building will no longer flaunt the navy, white, orange and blue colors on its sides.

You'd think the Mets could take a breather. But no, work has just begun as the team travels to Atlanta to take on the Braves, who sit just 2 1/2 games back in the National League East. At 7:35 p.m. ET on Monday, every player donning orange and blue colors will tunnel his focus into one goal -- staying atop the division.

"All the series are important," Damion Easley said. "I don't think we can highlight this one more so than any other. It's going to be an important series because that's who we play next. No matter what, if we play well, we like our chances."

Jorge Sosa will take the mound in the first of three games against the Braves. The right-hander has faced Atlanta -- his former team -- just once in his career. In that game, he went six innings and allowed five hits and one run. He held the Braves to a .227 average at the plate but took the loss.

The Mets are 2-4 against the Braves this season.

"Moving into Atlanta and facing those guys who are running our tail, we have to return the favor," Mets right fielder Shawn Green said.

Kyle Davies is slated to start for the Braves. He owns a 1-2 record and a 5.17 ERA this season. In his last start against the Mets, in early April, Davies limited the Mets to two solo home runs in 6 2/3 innings.

Pitching matchup

NYM: RHP Jorge Sosa (3-0, 2.25 ERA)

Sosa is coming off his most effective start of the season. Against the Cubs on Wednesday, the right-hander became the fifth pitcher in Mets history to win his first three starts, as he allowed just one hit in seven innings.

ATL: RHP Kyle Davies (1-2, 5.17 ERA)

Davies battled some tough luck in his last start, as four unearned runs scored in the fifth inning on Wednesday against the Nationals. In each of his last three outings, Davies has shown better control, and he's said that his changeup is coming around.

Player to watch

No player on the Braves has had more than 10 at-bats against Sosa. Andruw Jones, however, does have a hit and an RBI off the right-hander in his three career plate appearances against him.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

On television

• SNY

On radio

• WFAN 660, WADO 1280 (Español)

Up next

Wednesday: Mets (LHP Oliver Perez, 5-3, 2.90) at Braves (LHP Chuck James, 4-3, 4.15), 7:35 p.m. ET

Thursday: Mets (LHP Tom Glavine, 5-1, 3.43) at Braves (RHP John Smoltz, 6-2, 2.85), 7:37 p.m. ET

Friday: Mets (RHP John Maine, 5-2, 2.77) at Marlins (RHP Sergio Mitre, 2-2, 2.25), 7:05 p.m. ET

I wish Carlos Delgado would say something stupid about steroids and we could void his contract. There is no way we can afford to keep him in the 4 hole any longer. He movs to 6th IMO until he shows some ability to actually hit a baseball.

God dammit I hate this fucking team!! Atlanta, that is...

Kyle Davies sucks, except against the Mets.

Endy Chavez catches EVERYTHING, except against the Braves.

They get every little bloop hit, bounce, call.

I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!

God dammit I hate this fucking team!! Atlanta, that is...

Kyle Davies sucks, except against the Mets.

Endy Chavez catches EVERYTHING, except against the Braves.

They get every little bloop hit, bounce, call.

I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!

See what I mean??? Total bullshit call on the out at second base.

I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!!

Every line drive we hit= caught

every bloop they hit= falls

every bad call= goes against us

Its incredible. Like Bon Jovi said, "its all the same only the names have changed".

Delgado is fucking putrid and if its a health issue go on the fucking DL he is absolutely killing this team in the middle of the order.

How they did not score in the first is mind boggling.

Every line drive we hit= caught

every bloop they hit= falls

every bad call= goes against us

Its incredible. Like Bon Jovi said, "its all the same only the names have changed".

Delgado is fucking putrid and if its a health issue go on the fucking DL he is absolutely killing this team in the middle of the order.

How they did not score in the first is mind boggling.

What did we have up in the first, I was at work?

What did we have up in the first, I was at work?

Reyes on 3rd, Beltran on 1st 1 out. Davies throwing a lot of pitches and good old automatic out bounced right into a 4-6-3 DP

Its either a strike out or ground ball to the left side with this guy.

Reyes on 3rd, Beltran on 1st 1 out. Davies throwing a lot of pitches and good old automatic out bounced right into a 4-6-3 DP

Its either a strike out or ground ball to the left side with this guy.

Jesus Christ, Willie needs to stop making excuses for this

guy. He has been terrible this year, even in April when David

Wright was struggling atleast he was getting on base and not

killing rallies.

Delgado actually hit the ball in the air, he is making progress. Tomorrow he plans to attempt to play an entire 9 inning game without striking out and pulling the ball to the SS who is positioned at 2b in frontg of the 2bmen in RF

Delgado actually hit the ball in the air, he is making progress. Tomorrow he plans to attempt to play an entire 9 inning game without striking out and pulling the ball to the SS who is positioned at 2b in frontg of the 2bmen in RF

I bet you two shoelaces and a stick of gum

he strikes out twice.

I bet you two shoelaces and a stick of gum

he strikes out twice.

I am insulted, you must think I am stupid.

My lineup tomorrow

Reyes

Loduca

Beltran

Wright

Easley

Delgado

Gomez(lhpon mound)

Chavez