SportsWrath

They must really want Finn gone....

Lubeck

Take Nem's opinions with a grain of salt, the guy thinks Frank Walker

was a good cornerback.

I never said he was a good corner back. I said Frank Walker was our most Physically Gifted cornerback.

Finn certainly doesn't suck. He's clearly good enough to be a serviceable starter, and if he's as incompetent as some of you suggest, then Tiki would not have come close to the type of production he's had since 2004. Watch the games, for crying out loud: he's made more than his fair share of key blocks, though some of you knuckleheads seem to think that a key block occurs only when a defender gets knocked flat on his back.

That said, Finn's strengths are much more compatable with runner like Tiki, who excelled at cutbacks and misdirection. Both players had vision good enough to read holes and cutback lanes, which is why Finn has been good as making those "right place, right time, get in the defender's way" blocks that sprung Tiki to the second level. For a straight-ahead power runner like Jacobs, Finn isn't an ideal choice, which is why the Giants made a move for Vonta Leach. Nonetheless -- ideal or not -- he's probably going to be our FB this year and he'll do a good enough job. Those of you crying that "sucks" can keep crying while he blocks for another 1000-yard back for the 5th straight year in NY.

Most important, we're talking about the least important starter on offense. Love him or hate him, Finn's presence won't make or break our season...

Finn certainly doesn't suck. He's clearly good enough to be a serviceable starter, and if he's as incompetent as some of you suggest, then Tiki would not have come close to the type of production he's had since 2004. Watch the games, for crying out loud: he's made more than his fair share of key blocks, though some of you knuckleheads seem to think that a key block occurs only when a defender gets knocked flat on his back.

That said, Finn's strengths are much more compatable with runner like Tiki, who excelled at cutbacks and misdirection. Both players had vision good enough to read holes and cutback lanes, which is why Finn has been good as making those "right place, right time, get in the defender's way" blocks that sprung Tiki to the second level. For a straight-ahead power runner like Jacobs, Finn isn't an ideal choice, which is why the Giants made a move for Vonta Leach. Nonetheless -- ideal or not -- he's probably going to be our FB this year and he'll do a good enough job. Those of you crying that "sucks" can keep crying while he blocks for another 1000-yard back for the 5th straight year in NY.

Most important, we're talking about the least important starter on offense. Love him or hate him, Finn's presence won't make or break our season...

What's with the Knuckleheads??

:LMAO:

You should probably follow your own advise. I never said a FB need to knock a defender flat on his back. But it would be nice if our FB doesn't get his ass handed to him on consistant basis. I'm sorry, but having a FB that wears down defenses would have been nice while Tiki was here. It would have closes alot of game for us.

And even though, Finn has had some good blocking games. He has more bads one than good.

Oh, BTW, you can credit our O-line, Shockey and especially Tiki Barber for the 4 straight 1000 yards backs. Especially since Finn didn't even start in half the game he played.

I believe thats kinda, check that, exactly what I said. I only point this out in case I am one of who you are talking about, I have been refered to as a knucklehead on occasion.

You should probably follow your own advise. I never said a FB need to knock a defender flat on his back. But it would be nice if our FB doesn't get his ass handed to him on consistant basis. I'm sorry, but having a FB that wears down defenses would have been nice while Tiki was here. It would have closes alot of game for us.

And even though, Finn has had some good blocking games. He has more bads one than good.

Oh, BTW, you can credit our O-line, Shockey and especially Tiki Barber for the 4 straight 1000 yards backs. Especially since Finn didn't even start in half the game he played.

I think Finn was the exact type of FB that accentuates Barber's strengths as a runner. You put a bruiser like Vonta Leach in there, and I think you see far fewer long runs. He'll put a few guys on their backs...the wrong guys. Finn almost always read the hole correctly and blocks the right guy. He occassionally (hardly "consistently") gets blown up.

Having a running game with that type of production is a team effort. If the FB was as big of a liability as you suggest, then the numbers would be far less impressive. Tiki also swore by Finn, and he probably knows a thing or two about what made the running game successful. And before you respond by saying "who cares what Tiki thinks, he probably said that to be a good teammates," keep in mind that Tiki Barber is the same guy who has been ripped on this very site for being a selfish self-promoter...

:clap::clap::clap:

What FB wears down defenses? I never heard of that before. My understanding is those guys are all athletes. I'll be damned if I have a full back wear me out. The wear is mutual anyway.

I think Finn was the exact type of FB that accentuates Barber's strengths as a runner. You put a bruiser like Vonta Leach in there, and I think you see far fewer long runs. He'll put a few guys on their backs...the wrong guys. Finn almost always read the hole correctly and blocks the right guy. He occassionally (hardly "consistently") gets blown up.

Having a running game with that type of production is a team effort. If the FB was as big of a liability as you suggest, then the numbers would be far less impressive. Tiki also swore by Finn, and he probably knows a thing or two about what made the running game successful. And before you respond by saying "who cares what Tiki thinks, he probably said that to be a good teammates," keep in mind that Tiki Barber is the same guy who has been ripped on this very site for being a selfish self-promoter...

Tiki can self promote and promote other teamates also. Tiki and Finn are good friends off the field.

I'm not sure what Nem really has against Finn, except that he expects him to bulldoze the other team out of the way. Good fullbacks of the past hit the gaps and seal off linebackers etc. If You ever watch guys like Maurice Carthon, Darryl Johnston, Lorenzo Neal etc, these guys don't hit guys with force except to move them out of the way. Coaches don't want full backs ploughing into guys and then falling on the ground because if a play ever broke down, the full back is suddenly not an option.

Finn is a serviceable full back and that's really all he needs to be. The Giants don't consider him an option on offense. However like Money said, we're going to a power back offense now so it will be interesting to see if Finn is as effective this year, because jacobs is more likley to power over you than hit the hole, which is what Finn helps create. A 2 tight end formation may work better.

What FB wears down defenses? I never heard of that before. My understanding is those guys are all athletes. I'll be damned if I have a full back wear me out. The wear is mutual anyway.

Eh? :mellow:

You dont think a 250 plus lbs FB with a mean streak, who's constently hitting you in the mouth, and then having to turn around and chase a RB from behind is not going to wear you down? You honestly dont think having a 250 lbs FB hit you, and then having to fight off his block, only to be met with a 265 lbs RB with 4.5 spead is not going to wear you down?

Eh? :mellow:

You dont think a 250 plus lbs FB with a mean streak, who's constently hitting you in the mouth, and then having to turn around and chase a RB from behind is not going to wear you down? You honestly dont think having a 250 lbs FB hit you, and then having to fight off his block, only to be met with a 265 lbs RB with 4.5 spead is not going to wear you down?

Not really. FBs aren't paid to flatten guys and wear out defenses, they are paid to set up the run by blocking the right guy for the right amount of time for the RB. If we are going to rely on a FB to wear out defenses, that says a lot about how we feel about our OL.

It's not as if Vonta Leach was going to be that guy anyway. Who knows if he was even that good.

Not really. FBs aren't paid to flatten guys and wear out defenses, they are paid to set up the run by blocking the right guy for the right amount of time for the RB. If we are going to rely on a FB to wear out defenses, that says a lot about how we feel about our OL.

It's not as if Vonta Leach was going to be that guy anyway. Who knows if he was even that good.

I love how Vonta Leach has turned into the missing piece. Most of these mooks haven't even seen the guy play ... they couldn't pick Vonta Leach out of a line-up (of big black guys), even if he was wearing his uniform ... yet it's been universally decided that he would have elevated our running game to unprecedented levels.

I love how Vonta Leach has turned into the missing piece. Most of these mooks haven't even seen the guy play ... they couldn't pick Vonta Leach out of a line-up (of big black guys), even if he was wearing his uniform ... yet it's been universally decided that he would have elevated our running game to unprecedented levels.

The Vonta Leach deal could have been the stupidest trade this Spring. But nothing could have been worse than the fact that the Texans MATCHED!!!!..

Texans are the biggest joke of a franchise in the league and that includes the Browns and the Cards. Everything was aligned for that franchise to just take off and be in the playoffs in 3 years. But hey, who needs offensive linemen for a franchise QB. Or a decent running back for that matter.

Um, what!!!? :confused:

Obvious you need other elements to contribute to have an effective power running game. I'm not saying the FB position is only position that can wear down defenses. But it is a key component... Especially when having a small back. I'm sorry, but you're not going to convince me wrestling with someone that weights 15 lbs less than me is going to have the same affect as colliding (sp) with someone that weights 15 lbs more than me. Sorry, maybe in the movies, but not in real life.

Have you ever been hit in the chin with the top of someone helmet? Hurts, doesn't it?

Listen, I know where you're coming form. Finn wears a Giants uniform and he can do no wrong. Hey, I do the samething with other players. Hell, we are all guilty of that. But its time to face reality, Finn sucks and its time to replace him. I know the Giants have....

Um, what!!!? :confused:

Obvious you need other elements to contribute to have an effective power running game. I'm not saying the FB position is only position that can wear down defenses. But it is a key component... Especially when having a small back. I'm sorry, but you're not going to convince me wrestling with someone that weights 15 lbs less than me is going to have the same affect as colliding (sp) with someone that weights 15 lbs more than me. Sorry, maybe in the movies, but not in real life.

Have you ever been hit in the chin with the top of someone helmet? Hurts, doesn't it?

Listen, I know where you're coming form. Finn wears a Giants uniform and he can do no wrong. Hey, I do the samething with other players. Hell, we are all guilty of that. But its time to face reality, Finn sucks and its time to replace him. I know the Giants have....

So when Finn starts this season -- his 8th season as a starter in the league -- what will be your explanation?

So when Finn starts this season -- his 8th season as a starter in the league -- what will be your explanation?

You mean beside the fact the talent level for FB in the NFL has drop off tremendously? or that Rob Konrad is not coming out of retirement... I don't know what to tell you, other than the Giants are going to their 4th straight off-season trying to replace Finn.

Oh, I was under the that Finn was cut by the Bears without playing a single down for them. And only manage to start 5 games in 4 seasons with the Colts. Has Finn even started 10 games in a season for us?