SportsWrath

They must really want Finn gone....

Lubeck

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?ca...=NotesAndQuotes

--The Giants are on the verge of making history. They signed a defensive tackle from Harvard, Mike Berg, and have converted the 6-2, 260-pounder to fullback. If he wins the job, it will likely be the first time in NFL history that an Ivy League fullback took the job away from another Ivy League fullback (veteran Jim Finn, Penn).

thats just odd but the Giants are moving guys all around . Isn't there any FB's out there why try to convert a DT to FB? Maybe because it hasn't been done yet and they want to be a trend setter?

Isn't there any FB's out there why try to convert a DT to FB? Maybe because it hasn't been done yet and they want to be a trend setter?

Actually, I think the Pats did the same thing in certain packages with Dan Klecko... another undersized DT with good mobility. If I remember correctly, he was pretty decent as a FB as well.

I've been saying it for years. Finn is as good of a FB as people think.... The Giants organization have been trying to replace Finn for years. remember when Giants tried to convince Konrad out retirement. Even though Konrad retired because of a bad back. That should tell you what the Giants org thought about Finn...

And I know what people are going to say.."how do you explain Tiki having 3 great with Finn?" Umm, it was our o-line, J. Shockey vastly improving his blocking and mostly all Tiki. I have no doubt in mind if we had a decent FB in 2005. Tiki runs for 2000 yards, easily.

Face it boys...Finn sucks.

Thats a shitty statment Nem. If he's so bad how did he get a gig in the NFL? Obviously he doesnt suck. Afterall, he a GIANT. :ph34r:

Great fullbacks are hard to come by in todays NFL, and technician style FB's work well with Tiki type of runners.

Great fullbacks are hard to come by in todays NFL, and technician style FB's work well with Tiki type of runners.

Thats a fair point. Granted Jacobs didnt get the ball alot. But there were sometimes when he did, we saw flashes of a solid RB with size and SPEED. And we all know who was blocking for him. Now, Im not saying Finn is the best FB out there, Not even in our division. But he's who we have, and we have other spots that must be delt with before the FB position. Can we agree on that?

Thats a fair point. Granted Jacobs didnt get the ball alot. But there were sometimes when he did, we saw flashes of a solid RB with size and SPEED. And we all know who was blocking for him. Now, Im not saying Finn is the best FB out there, Not even in our division. But he's who we have, and we have other spots that must be delt with before the FB position. Can we agree on that?

Absolutely, I'm not rooting against Finn by any means, I hope he blossoms as a pro bowler this season. just have visions of BJ/Droughns following a 270 pound bull dozer, and how that would simply wear Defenses out, and 3rd and shorts would become easy conversions.

By all rights, Finn is probly more valuble than biger fullbakcs because he he is a technician and perfect for smaller cut back RB's.

Here's to the hope of eating crow. :TU:

Oh, but as for having more important positions to fill, thats debateable. Obviously we have huge wholes, but if Finn doesn't excel at blocking for a bruiser, than we may have big problems in the running department, and if we could pick up a guy like this thread was started about a big quick guy who can move people, on the cheap, thats not really taking presedance over other areas, thats just being thrifty and finding value for low cost.

Thats a shitty statment Nem. If he's so bad how did he get a gig in the NFL? Obviously he doesnt suck. Afterall, he a GIANT. :ph34r:

I've been asking myself that very same question for years....

By all rights, Finn is probly more valuble than biger fullbakcs because he is a technician and perfect for smaller cut back RB's.

Here's to the hope of eating crow. :TU:

If by technician you mean "He gets his ass handed to him opposing defenses." Then yes, he's very technical.

But he's who we have, and we have other spots that must be delt with before the FB position. Can we agree on that?

Um you realize that the team can work on filling holes while at the same time trying to upgrade other positions?

If by technician you mean "He gets his ass handed to him opposing defenses." Then yes, he's very technical.

I'm not saying he's a good FB, but he did OK with Tiki because he got in the defrenders way enough for Tiki to cut back.

If Finn was as bad as Nem proclaims him to be, Tiki would not have had those dazzling seasons.

When did finn sign with us... 03 or 04? I think it was 04. That was when Tiki began his amazing streak.

If Finn was as bad as Nem proclaims him to be, Tiki would not have had those dazzling seasons.

When did finn sign with us... 03 or 04? I think it was 04. That was when Tiki began his amazing streak.

I don't think you can attribute Tiki's great seasons entirely to Finn, if any at all. thats also the time he stopped fumbling and was given a bigger work load, a much bigger work load. His Yards/Carry were always good, he just got the ball more when he stopped dropping the ball.

The knock against Finn is he doesn't run people over. This, I believe, is a case of grass is greener on the other side. Kindda reminds me of when we let Campbell go to Dallas. Finn may not be the best FB out there, but he's the best we got.

The knock against Finn is he doesn't run people over. This, I believe, is a case of grass is greener on the other side. Kindda reminds me of when we let Campbell go to Dallas. Finn may not be the best FB out there, but he's the best we got.

Of course he's the best we've got, but he can easily be upgraded. It's not a case of greener grass, it's a case of worrying about an undersized FB incapable of moving people now responsible for clearing holes for a straight ahead runner.