SportsWrath

Everyday Endy

xxi-xxv

This guy is such valuable commodity I would not be opposed to offering him a 2 year 5 million dollar deal right now to be our 4th outfielder/starter until Gomez/Milledge/Martinez are ready to assume everyday roles. His outfield play is the best I have EVER seen among any Met, that includes Dykstra, Mookie, Beltran etc. He is that valuable and IMO at 5 mil for 2 years a steal considering we could have guys like Gomez and Martinez and Milledge here as starters making peanuts in 2008 and 2009.

This guy is such valuable commodity I would not be opposed to offering him a 2 year 5 million dollar deal right now to be our 4th outfielder/starter until Gomez/Milledge/Martinez are ready to assume everyday roles. His outfield play is the best I have EVER seen among any Met, that includes Dykstra, Mookie, Beltran etc. He is that valuable and IMO at 5 mil for 2 years a steal considering we could have guys like Gomez and Martinez and Milledge here as starters making peanuts in 2008 and 2009.

If he played everyday, he'd win a gold glove.

Has he ever played in a game this year where he hasnt made a positive impact?

With guys like him and Gomez and Milledge to back him up, this gives us room to trade a guy like Shawn Green if the price is right (starter, bullpen, second basemen, etc.).

This is nothing against Shawn, but if we can get something nice in return for him we should pull the trigger.

Has he ever played in a game this year where he hasnt made a positive impact?

With guys like him and Gomez and Milledge to back him up, this gives us room to trade a guy like Shawn Green if the price is right (starter, bullpen, second basemen, etc.).

This is nothing against Shawn, but if we can get something nice in return for him we should pull the trigger.

No team is taking Green and the money he is owed this year. Any deal for things the Mets need/want will be start with names like Gomez, Martinez, Milledge, Pelfrey, Humber. IMO the Mets are in good shape all around and there is no need to trade young talent. We are getting a starting pitcher back in late JULY and some pen help is on the way in a few weeks. No need to trade anyone, but no one is taking Green.