SportsWrath

New York Yankees @ New York Mets Subway Series!!

Plax 4 Prez

Not looking forward to it. If you guys dont sweep, I'll be surprised.

It's going to be 2 of 3... which the way we played the crappy Cubs that could either be 2 of 3 Yanks or Mets. 2 games that we beat the Cubs we had to come back in the end to win... I understand today's game we had our scrubs out there, but 2 games ago we got madd lucky...

Mets to host crosstown rival Yankees

Yankees (18-21) at Mets (26-14), 7:10 p.m. ET

It's old hat to some of them now. Tom Glavine has worn a Mets uniform for 24 Interleague games against the Yankees; Carlos Beltran for 12. The thrill isn't gone, but it has dissipated.

"The games themselves are exciting," Glavine says. "But getting tickets for everyone and wondering about the traffic..."

The newer Mets are curious, though. Shawn Green arrived late last season, well after New York's teams had split their six games. He wonders what it will be like on Friday night. He recalls how, in the other clubhouses, the New York series took precedence over all others during postgame "SportsCenter" viewing. He doesn't recall anyone rooting for the Mets, he remembers most teammates rooting against the Yankees.

"I think you're either a Yankees fan," Green said Thursday, "or you're totally against them. Not much middle ground."

But he's looking forward to what he anticipates will be "a unique baseball experience."

All of it will be new to Joe Smith, the rookie reliever.

"I'm expecting it to be fun, to be great," he said. "I didn't want the Yankees to win [in the 2000 World Series against the Mets]. I really don't want them to win now."

But Smith has an agenda that involves New York's other team.

"I want to face those guys," he said. "What an experience! A-Rod and Jeter. Of course you want to face the great players."

Neither Scott Schoeneweis nor fellow veteran Aaron Sele was particularly moved by the prospect of the three-game against the Yankees, but based on the television coverage -- SNY Friday night, FOX Saturday and ESPN Sunday night -- Schoeneweis suggested "Friday is the biggest game in New York, Saturday's the biggest in the nation and Sunday's the biggest in the universe."

Complete coverage > Pitching matchup

NYM: LHP Oliver Perez (4-3, 3.00 ERA)

Perez beat the Yankees in 2002 as a member of the Padres and lost to the them two years ago as a member of the Pirates at Yankee Stadium.

NYY: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-2, 2.68 ERA)

Pettitte has a 7-2 record and 3.39 ERA in 15 career starts against the Mets.

Player to watch

Carlos Delgado, far more productive against left-handed pitching than right-handed this season, has a .362 average, 10 walks, two doubles and five home runs in 68 career plate appearances against Pettitte.

Interleague by the numbers:

All-time club record in Interleague Play: 80-83

All-time record vs. Yankees: 22-32

All-time club Interleague records:

Games: Mike Piazza, 33

Batting average: Roger Cedeno (50 at-bat minimum), .323

Home runs: Piazza and Cliff Floyd, 8

RBI: Piazza, 25

Victories: Al Leiter, 5

ERA: (50 innings): Leiter, 3.65

Striekouts: Leiter, 44

Saves: Armando Benitez, 5

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

Gameday

Official game notes

On television

SNY

On radio

WFAN 660 AM, WADO 1280 AM (Español)

Up next

Saturday: Yankees (RHP Darrell Rasner, 1-2, 3.28) at Mets (LHP Tom Glavine, 4-1, 3.31), 3:55 p.m. ET

Sunday: Yankees (RHP Tyler Clippard, Major League debut) at Mets (RHP John Maine, 5-1, 2.15), 8:05 pm. ET

Tuesday: Mets (RHP Jorge Sosa, 3-0, 2.25) at Braves (RHP Kyle Davies, 1-2, 5.17), 7:35 p.m. ET

Not looking forward to it. If you guys dont sweep, I'll be surprised.

i don't know bro. although i honestly think the mets will take the series, it really doesn't matter what these teams records are when we play. it's usually always a good series. i remember in 99 the mets were off to a similar start like the yanks are this year and i think we swept you guys. that jumpstarted our whole season. i'm not saying that's gonna happen again, but it's definitely possible the yanks could win the series...

It's going to be 2 of 3... which the way we played the crappy Cubs that could either be 2 of 3 Yanks or Mets. 2 games that we beat the Cubs we had to come back in the end to win... I understand today's game we had our scrubs out there, but 2 games ago we got madd lucky...

What's wrong with comeback wins? :confused:

Alright, we got the tough one out of the way, now let's beat up on Rasner and some unknown guy.

The ones that we've never seen before are the ones that make me nervous. :unsure: