SportsWrath

Hypothetically Speaking...

Virginia Giant

What would you root for with Giants in the 2007 season?

Giants dominate the season, finish 13-3, BJ rushes for 1,400 yards and Eli shows everything we wanted to see, throwing for 4,000 yards and 30 D's and 10 INT's, but we lose by 1 point in the NFC Chapnionship game and Coughlin keeps his job

or

Giants limp into the playoffs at 8-8, lose the first game by 17, and no significant improvment by anyone? And Coughlin gets fired and we hire Cower?

I like the first one too.

If that one happened, no one would give a shit about Cowher anyway.

yeah exactly.

for those "giants fans" that have it out for coughlin that much that would root for the giants to go .500 starting from week 1 are idiots.

As much of a douche as Coughlin is we are +.500 in his tenure and have made the playoffs 2 of the 3 years, and in the best interests of the team as a whole (Jacobs and Eli's development as well as the defense getting some teeth back) I'd have to go with #1.

Giants dominate the season, finish 13-3, BJ rushes for 1,400 yards and Eli shows everything we wanted to see, throwing for 4,000 yards and 30 D's and 10 INT's, but we lose by 1 point in the NFC Chapnionship game and Coughlin keeps his job

or

Giants limp into the playoffs at 8-8, lose the first game by 17, and no significant improvment by anyone? And Coughlin gets fired and we hire Cower?

First one.

Coughlin has a heart attack and dies :ph34r: (joking of course.. maybe Coughlin can turn this around and be successful with us for a long time)

As much as I might hate the coach I love the team, and success for the team is a good thing.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT

This team is not going 12-4 and the rest of your description unless TC has changed his ways. I do not think he will...people do not change. So scenario #1 is highly unlikely in my mind.

...THIS!!!

Giants dominate the season, finish 13-3, BJ rushes for 1,400 yards and Eli shows everything we wanted to see, throwing for 4,000 yards and 30 D's and 10 INT's, but...

...Coughlin gets fired and we hire Cower!!