SportsWrath

Do you think coughlin will be out after this season?

Dre180

honestly, even if we make the playoffs, i don't care, i hope he goes. i like coughlin somewhat. he is a good offensive coach but he is an old school coach. and i don't think his styles meshes anymore with today's players. i just feel like he rubs them the wrong way and guys don't want to play hard for him. i hope the giants surprise me and have a fantastic season, but i still hope coughlin gets the axe. open up some doors, maybe even john fox if the panthers have a bad season again. i'd love to see fox back in here(even though he is not my very first candidate, i'm just trying to be realistic). whoever it is, it must be a defensive minded coach, in my eyes. so what do you guys think? will he be gone no matter what. or will he stay if we make the playoffs?

If we go deep into the playoffs, it's pretty much impossible to can him. How can you can a coach that gets you to the championship game?

Now that being said, if we even make the playoffs, it'll be all Spags. Coughlin and Gilbride will fuck up the offense royally... just watch.

"3rd and 1... 265-lb running back... time for the Hail Mary!"

If Cowler is looking to come back to the NFL, I'll personally take Coughlin out.

I never understood why everyone wants Cower so bad. It only took him what 20 years to win the big one? Cower is considered a good coach, cause Pits never gave up on him. We should be so lucky to have so much loyalty to our coach.

I never understood why everyone wants Cower so bad. It only took him what 20 years to win the big one? Cower is considered a good coach, cause Pits never gave up on him. We should be so lucky to have so much loyalty to our coach.

i agree to some extent. the guy still posted a winning record almost every single year. and he is all about defense. i would love for him to come here. if i had a dream coach it would be bellicheck over cowher though...obviously.

If Cowler is looking to come back to the NFL, I'll personally take Coughlin out.

Big Ben and Cowher didn't have the greatest relationship either . How would this translate into the Cowher/Manning relationship?

Thats sound like more of a Huff and Coughlin move.

Indeed. But I wouldn't be surprised if we're a pass-first team this year. Gilbride has always been pass-happy... although the interview he did last week made me feel a little bit better.

I think everyone knows the answer to this one: do better and stay, same or worse and that defines the one year contract.

I hope TC is right for us just so we don't have upheaval and who knows another DC, staff, etc and that's what may happen with an adminstrative change.

It gives us all hope to change and then it sets the players back a season.

TC's been to the championship game before, so he's capable. Now that's a long time ago already, but I'm hopeful.

I'd say the early prognostication about TC and Eli being tied to one another is somewhat accurate. Let's all hope the kid progresses and that we're not in a lot of 3rd and longs. If that's the case, well we're in trouble (at this point).

Of course Sinorce could come on, our running game could go mad, and our defense could swarm. Every season is a mystery to us all. I'd like to see one of our weisneheimer bretheren predict (accurately) the way this thing's going to go: all we can do is play out the Autumal vigil and hope that the stars are properly alligned.