SportsWrath

Mini Camp

hlb37

Reading the papers this morning two things struck me. Our second round pick seems to have a good attitude and soft hands. He also seems to be very pollished. He outshone evryone else in camp and may be a solid number 3 for us this year.

Our first round draft pick seems poised to assume the role formerly played by the great Elvis Patterson. For those of you too young to remember Elvis his nickname was "toast". This kid apparently was getting beat like a drum all day saturday by a bunch of dudes that will soon be bagging groceries at the piggly wiggly. looks like our ability to draft talent in the first round has not changed despite the departurre of that rug wearing buffoon Accorsi.

LOL I hear ya hlb; rumor has it our first rounder looked like poop.

But let's keep in mind that Eli's first day in minicamp featured him throwing a fifteen yard out to... a tackling dummy in the next field.

It's still early. I hear that our seventh-round running back stole the show, displaying quickness and better speed than anyone else on the field (but again, it's early).

Reading the papers this morning two things struck me. Our second round pick seems to have a good attitude and soft hands. He also seems to be very pollished. He outshone evryone else in camp and may be a solid number 3 for us this year.

Our first round draft pick seems poised to assume the role formerly played by the great Elvis Patterson. For those of you too young to remember Elvis his nickname was "toast". This kid apparently was getting beat like a drum all day saturday by a bunch of dudes that will soon be bagging groceries at the piggly wiggly. looks like our ability to draft talent in the first round has not changed despite the departurre of that rug wearing buffoon Accorsi.

Maybe from now on, we should trade our number one picks for a bunch of second rounders. :brooding:

For the sake of optimism, let’s not predict too hard. Otherwise, we might be saying some negative things about Ross, who will fight for the punt return job come training camp. He misread the first punt of the day, only to recover and make a stumbling catch. And then he outright let one bounce off the numbers. He does wear shaded contacts by Nike, but those were back in Austin with some of the rest of his things. Not having those, and failing to shield the sun with his hand properly, were reasons behind the botch. At least he looked good in coverage, though, especially against second—round wide receiver Steve Smith of USC.

Training Camp Blog

Sounds like he was doing ok in coverage but he muffed a punt. Rookie Mini-camp is a tough place to judge anybody

The last thing we need to be doing is deciding on the quality of our picks this early. Its one God Damn practice. Hopefully they will all turn out OK.

PS - Good to hear about the RB though. We will need a shifty runner to spell the power runs.

I don't think they have sarcasm in Australia.

Not native sarcasm, but there are sporadic outbreaks of the domesticated variety going feral. We brought in some toads from South America to clear the problem up.

You guys are unbelievable. It was his first practice!

Jerry Reese is such an imgrate! HE should have traded up to pick Jamercus Russel...but I could expect nothing less from a god damn Republican!

:LMAO: