SportsWrath

Plax in NY to start catching

lemmiwinks

I'm surprised they have to ask the guy to do it. I think it should be part of the contract next time. And if there's a clause in the Labor agreement that prevents that, revoke it.

Who gives a shit, Plax is here, maybe some other people should take a page from his book.

Who gives a shit, Plax is here, maybe some other people should take a page from his book.

Gee you mean Shockey should get his ass up here too? It looks like taking that kid from USC lit a fire under Burress' butt. :brooding:

Gee you mean Shockey should get his ass up here too? It looks like taking that kid from USC lit a fire under Burress' butt. :brooding:

Hell yeah I mean Shock. And good, Burress needs to be with his team, just like his buddy.

Hell yeah. I can see Toomer, Smith, and Moss starting.

I'm surprised they have to ask the guy to do it. I think it should be part of the contract next time. And if there's a clause in the Labor agreement that prevents that, revoke it.

Well, there is a clause in the labor agreement. You can only have so much "madatory" workouts, which is good because these guys do have to have lives outside of football, but I think it IS very important for Plax and Shock to be working with Eli.

I agree, bout damn time he shows, and now the pressure is on Shock, but something tells me he will not show just show he can't be pressured or forced. basically trying to prove he's a rebel.

Does this allow him now to be extra lazy when attempting to make a tackle, loaf even more when he does not get the ball and really throw his hands up in the air on a poorly thrown ball because now he can say "see I was there all year"?

Does this allow him now to be extra lazy when attempting to make a tackle, loaf even more when he does not get the ball and really throw his hands up in the air on a poorly thrown ball because now he can say "see I was there all year"?

I think thats why we got Moss.

Moss or Smith will not be starting over Plaxico, Toomer maybe.

I hope everyone is happy now that this silly obsession may be over. I mean, come on the guy skipped voluntary workouts!!!.

I guess the extra sessions with Eli will enable him to learn how to contort his body into crazy positions to catch some of those passes.

Once again, the point being missed here is that Eli..........Eli is the one who needs to improve the most, as a quarterback!

I hope everyone is happy now that this silly obsession may be over. I mean, come on the guy skipped voluntary workouts!!!.

I guess the extra sessions with Eli will enable him to learn how to contort his body into crazy positions to catch some of those passes.

Once again, the point being missed here is that Eli..........Eli is the one who needs to improve the most, as a quarterback!

That's why we should have drafted a qb to push Eli to learn how to throw the ball correctly. Right now, he knows that there is nobody on the team that can be put in when he is having a bad game. I bet if we had drafted the guy from Notre Dame, Eli would have shit his pants and started to practice correct techniques.

That's why we should have drafted a qb to push Eli to learn how to throw the ball correctly. Right now, he knows that there is nobody on the team that can be put in when he is having a bad game. I bet if we had drafted the guy from Notre Dame, Eli would have shit his pants and started to practice correct techniques.

No... We should've gotten some competant coaches instead of semi-retarded retreads that have a history of ruining QBs. Maybe then Eli would be the Superstar QB that everyone wants him to be.

I am a believer that practice makes perfect, the more a QB and his receivers can work together the better. I don't deny that many of the bad throws by Eli were just that, bad throws, but over the last few years it's been obvious Eli hasn't had the same comfort level with a dynamic WR and perenial pro bowl TE that he has had with an aging slowing WR. All QB's have a favorite target, and that may be the case with Eli and Amani, but when you have 2 of the best players at their positions you need to be on the same page, which they were not quite often./

I am a believer that practice makes perfect, the more a QB and his receivers can work together the better. I don't deny that many of the bad throws by Eli were just that, bad throws, but over the last few years it's been obvious Eli hasn't had the same comfort level with a dynamic WR and perenial pro bowl TE that he has had with an aging slowing WR. All QB's have a favorite target, and that may be the case with Eli and Amani, but when you have 2 of the best players at their positions you need to be on the same page, which they were not quite often./

2 years ago, Eli's favorite target was Plaxico, not Toomer, in fact it took Toomer 6 games almost to catch more than 2 passes from him.

I'll say it again, Eli not being comfortable has nothing to do with the fact that his mechanics let him down or that he doesn't go through his progressions fast enough. Most top level qb's at able to see where his 3-4 options are in a few seconds, often times Eli hasn't looked off the first receiver when pressure is in his face.

Eli's comfort level with Amani is rooted in Amani being the most reliable receiver on the top. As talented as Burress and Shockey are, both guys are often in the wrong place. Either they aren't running the right routes, they are misreading defenses, or running their routes at improper depths. In Burress's case, sometimes a lack of effort is present as well. Amani doesn't make those mistakes; he helps his QB.

Why Burress and Shockey are unreliable can be attributed to a number of things. It could be attributed to with the complexity of the offense. It could be attributed to poor football intelligence. It could be attributed to insufficent effort. I really doubt it could attributed to the absence of throwing sessions in May, not when there's an entire training camp and preseason to master the offense.

And of course, you're right that the bad throws are noticeable and indefensible. However, a decent portion of those bad throws have to with the reciever being in the wrong spot...that will make any throw look bad...

Eli's comfort level with Amani is rooted in Amani being the most reliable receiver on the top. As talented as Burress and Shockey are, both guys are often in the wrong place. Either they aren't running the right routes, they are misreading defenses, or running their routes at improper depths. In Burress's case, sometimes a lack of effort is present as well. Amani doesn't make those mistakes; he helps his QB.

Why Burress and Shockey are unreliable can be attributed to a number of things. It could be attributed to with the complexity of the offense. It could be attributed to poor football intelligence. It could be attributed to insufficent effort. I really doubt it could attributed to the absence of throwing sessions in May, not when there's an entire training camp and preseason to master the offense.

And of course, you're right that the bad throws are noticeable and indefensible. However, a decent portion of those bad throws have to with the reciever being in the wrong spot...that will make any throw look bad...

There's been plenty of throws where Plaxico and Shockey have been in the right place and the ball doesn't get there. They have often been in the right place and had the ball thrown behind them or 2 feet over their heads.We know they are hotheads and in Plax's case he can be a dick, but to blame them all the ills of the offense because they have some characters issues, is wrong. And to say they run incorrect routes etc, fair enough, but fact is whether they ran them right or wrong, they were open quite a bit and were ignored. Plays will break down, that's why the QB has options in his play calling. Most teams out there would want Shockey on their team, he can't be all that bad.

OK, great that Plax came and if Shockey were to come too even better.. not to rain on anyones parade but how many times did Eli put the ball 2 feet too high/behind the reciever? The recievers can't be running the wrong routes that many times can they?

There's been plenty of throws where Plaxico and Shockey have been in the right place and the ball doesn't get there. They have often been in the right place and had the ball thrown behind them or 2 feet over their heads.We know they are hotheads and in Plax's case he can be a dick, but to blame them all the ills of the offense because they have some characters issues, is wrong. And to say they run incorrect routes etc, fair enough, but fact is whether they ran them right or wrong, they were open quite a bit and were ignored. Plays will break down, that's why the QB has options in his play calling. Most teams out there would want Shockey on their team, he can't be all that bad.

There's plenty of blame to go around, and Eli shoulders are lot of it. The offensive design, the play-calling, and the execution of the receivers are also at fault, to varying degrees. The bad throws are inexusable, and Eli would be the first to admit that.

I didn't mean to characterize Burress or Shockey as anything other than solid players. But they are each very flawed, and their inconsistent performance is arguably as detrimental to the offense as the inaccuracy as the QB. Its tough to say Plax was ignored when 121 passes were thrown his way.