SportsWrath

Reasons not to be optimistic about this season

Nas

I was much more confident going into last season.

With our offensive coaches, the same conditioning staff and dysfunctional locker room, I have zero confidence in this team. Last season was amazingly weird and terrible...but somehow we backed into the playoffs. I don't believe in them and what last season taught me about this current group of players is that if it can go wrong it will.

No one has said it so I will be the first to do so. The team will miss Tiki Barber on Sunday.

With that being said they will not miss his self serving act from Monday thrugh Saturday. I think you will have a less chatty lockeroom this year with TiVi gone.

Here are some things to consider. For those that hate Coughlin consider that the Cowboys are going from a hall of fame head coach to one who is mediocre at best. Coughlin is a far superior coach to Philips.

The Eagles Qb situation. If Mcnabb is so guaranteed to be healthy why did the Eagles, resign Feely? trade for Holcomb and draft a QB on day 1 of the draft with their first pick?Someone is not starting the year on the roster?

The Skins are what they are. They are still breaking in a young QB and other than that 5game run at the end of 05 wha have the Gibbs coached Skins done other than that?

All the teams have questions, like Booyah said we can win the division and thats what you have to think of first.

No one has said it so I will be the first to do so. The team will miss Tiki Barber on Sunday.

With that being said they will not miss his self serving act from Monday thrugh Saturday. I think you will have a less chatty lockeroom this year with TiVi gone.

Here are some things to consider. For those that hate Coughlin consider that the Cowboys are going from a hall of fame head coach to one who is mediocre at best. Coughlin is a far superior coach to Philips.

The Eagles Qb situation. If Mcnabb is so guaranteed to be healthy why did the Eagles, resign Feely? trade for Holcomb and draft a QB on day 1 of the draft with their first pick?Someone is not starting the year on the roster?

The Skins are what they are. They are still breaking in a young QB and other than that 5game run at the end of 05 wha have the Gibbs coached Skins done other than that?

All the teams have questions, like Booyah said we can win the division and thats what you have to think of first.

Very nicely said. :clap:

The Giants will find new ways of losing. We can be competitive, we should be competitive, but the Giants will fight among themselves and execute poorly on the field. These players and coaches are pretty damn unlikeable.

It's Guy Whimper, not "Whimper Guy." :TU:

lol, I meant Whimper guy without mentioning his first name.. hence I didn't capitalize the G in guy. Whimper guy as in Strahan guy.. :mellow:

The Giants will find new ways of losing. We can be competitive, we should be competitive, but the Giants will fight among themselves and execute poorly on the field. These players and coaches are pretty damn unlikeable.

I truly think the infighting stops.

Wouldn't a better title for this thread be "reason why I'm pessimistic about this season"

That would've been so Boohyah-like. The Prince's style is very different from that of the King's. :rolleyes:

It would be a better fit. I am torn.... I want the Giants to succeed....but if they succeed that means Generalissimo Coughlin stays.... :mellow::huh: A choice between the devil and the deep blue sea if there ever was one. :cwy:

But if they succeed, why would you want the general to go? :confused:

But if they succeed, why would you want the general to go? :confused:

Any association that Coughlin has with the Giants....besmirches the reputation of this fine franchise. They would be winning in spite of him....not because of him. But he would still get the credit. :brooding:

With our offensive coaches, the same conditioning staff and dysfunctional locker room, I have zero confidence in this team. Last season was amazingly weird and terrible...but somehow we backed into the playoffs. I don't believe in them and what last season taught me about this current group of players is that if it can go wrong it will.

You know, some reporter last year... I forget who it was... spent some time with the Giants while they were on their late-season skid, and said something to the effect of the Giants having "the most fragile psyche of any team he had ever seen." As soon as something goes wrong, it's over for them... and I'd have to agree. This team, for one reason or another, is snakebit, and has been for a while.

The injuries EVERY SINGLE YEAR. The missed tackles. The Young non-sack. The 49er and Minnesota impossible comebacks. It's been a trend for probably the last decade or so.

Great teams and players pull together under adversity (Patriots, Tom Brady, etc.) Mediocre teams point fingers, whine and complain (Giants, Jeremy Shockey, et. al.)

Nas, there is reason to be optimistic, especially in our division. Think about it, what have the Eagles/Cowboys and Skins done this offseason that set's them apart from us next season.........nothing. You can talk superbowl all you want but the division is first and foremost. We can win the division.

I'm telling everyone this, if Eli plays better, we're going to be a much better team.

Absolutely Boohyah, and our running game should be unreal. That should definitely help Eli. You all know we have seen flashes of brilliance from the kid. This year he must be consistent and we will have an outstanding year!

I think most of the "infighting" was overhyped NY media bullshit.

In most cases, questions were asked and microphones put up to mouths, that's pretty much all they did. The rest was on the players and coach. It wasn't overhyped at all if you think about it.

Absolutely Boohyah, and our running game should be unreal. That should definitely help Eli. You all know we have seen flashes of brilliance from the kid. This year he must be consistent and we will have an outstanding year!

Charlie, I'm not worried about our offense. The O wasn't our problem last season and I think we got better this season especially with Steve Smith and Moss playing. I have faith in Jacobs.

Notice I'm looking at our D. Of course I'm hoping for a great season... that's a given.

TC has gotten us to the playoffs two seasons in a row.

Gilbride's calls in the playoff loss were miles above Huf's.

Our DE's are a problem, really?

Our secondary is in question, but with the unquestionable variable of a new DC, scheme, etc, it's hard to be anyting but optimistic since this is his first defense and there's no measuring stick.

Perhaps you should take heart. We'll be better than you expect, different than we were with Tiki, and we have a challenging schedule, so it'll take heart and much of what we need to do will come from #10.

We'll see, I'm hopefuly, anything will be better than the anti-crescendo we hit last season.

TC has gotten us to the playoffs two seasons in a row.

Gilbride's calls in the playoff loss were miles above Huf's.

Our DE's are a problem, really?

Our secondary is in question, but with the unquestionable variable of a new DC, scheme, etc, it's hard to be anyting but optimistic since this is his first defense and there's no measuring stick.

Perhaps you should take heart. We'll be better than you expect, different than we were with Tiki, and we have a challenging schedule, so it'll take heart and much of what we need to do will come from #10.

We'll see, I'm hopefuly, anything will be better than the anti-crescendo we hit last season.

Amen.