SportsWrath

Reasons not to be optimistic about this season

Nas

• Our defensive backfiled still sucks.
  • Our DEs with the exception of Osi are questionable at best. Strahan is coming back from an injury in which he's not fully healed.. same goes for Tuck.
  • TC and Gilbirde are still our coaches.

Nas, there is reason to be optimistic, especially in our division. Think about it, what have the Eagles/Cowboys and Skins done this offseason that set's them apart from us next season.........nothing. You can talk superbowl all you want but the division is first and foremost. We can win the division.

I'm telling everyone this, if Eli plays better, we're going to be a much better team.

Nas, there is reason to be optimistic, especially in our division. Think about it, what have the Eagles/Cowboys and Skins done this offseason that set's them apart from us next season.........nothing. You can talk superbowl all you want but the division is first and foremost. We can win the division.

I'm telling everyone this, if Eli plays better, we're going to be a much better team.

This season, I'm changing my strategy. Every year I look at all the good and I don't pay attention to the bad. I'm being realistic here. Yes we had a good draft and Yes the other teams in the Division didn't do much but in looking at your DE situation alone, it's a mess. Both Stra and Tuck's injuries were serious and neither of them has recovered yet. That leaves a gaping hole for us.

Im all about the Giants. Every year, no matter what, we have a chance. I can see what your saying about changing up your mental strategy, but thats not for me.

This season, I'm changing my strategy. Every year I look at all the good and I don't pay attention to the bad. I'm being realistic here. Yes we had a good draft and Yes the other teams in the Division didn't do much but in looking at your DE situation alone, it's a mess. Both Stra and Tuck's injuries were serious and neither of them has recovered yet. That leaves a gaping hole for us.

Tuck had his surgery when? October? He should be ready by camp (it's already been a half-year or more), unless you've read something different. Strahan didn't even need surgery, just some time off of the foot.

The defensive line is the least of our worries.

Tuck had his surgery when? October? He should be ready by camp (it's already been a half-year or more), unless you've read something different. Strahan didn't even need surgery, just some time off of the foot.

I agree, I wouldn't say the DL is a mess at all.

Kiwi will be back in the lineup by week 10, after season ending injuries to Tuck (week 4) and Strahan (week 9). This will solve our DE troubles, but will also have the added bonus of keeping us consistent with our never-ending search for a starting linebacker. :clap:

If you want to be pessimistic, worry about David Diehl. Eli was a mess with Petitgout protecting him, and Diehl flopped as a RT.

Tuck's injury takes a year to come back from. That means we won't have him for at least the first half of the season and he won't be in top shape when he comes back.

Not me, Nas is being negative

How is that negative. I think I'm being realistic here. Str and Osi can start.. but Tuck isn't ready... and Stra is now injury prone.

Kiwi will be back in the lineup by week 10, after season ending injuries to Tuck (week 4) and Strahan (week 9). This will solve our DE troubles, but will also have the added bonus of keeping us consistent with our never-ending search for a starting linebacker. :clap:

If you want to be pessimistic, worry about David Diehl. Eli was a mess with Petitgout protecting him, and Diehl flopped as a RT.

Honestly, Luke sucked ass. Sure he had a decent year before the injury but still he was terrible. Something tells me (well all the rumors I've been hearing) that this Whimper guy is ready.

Honestly, Luke sucked ass. Sure he had a decent year before the injury but still he was terrible. Something tells me (well all the rumors I've been hearing) that this Whimper guy is ready.

I heard that last year when he was on the practice squade he was going a "good Job" against Osi...But I guess we wont know until Preseason when we can watch him in action

And I agree...Luke sucked....Only think we could count on was False starts and back problems

Wouldn't a better title for this thread be "reason why I'm pessimistic about this season"

It would be a better fit. I am torn.... I want the Giants to succeed....but if they succeed that means Generalissimo Coughlin stays.... :mellow::huh: A choice between the devil and the deep blue sea if there ever was one. :cwy: