RG - Snee-1

RT - McKenzie-1

DE- Strahan, Osi, Tuck, Awasom-4

DT - Robbins, Cofield, Joseph, Alford, Bell-5

WOLB - Mitchell, Wilkinson-2

MLB - Pierce, Blackburn-2

SOLB - Kiwinuka, Torbor, DeOssie-3

CB - Madison, Webster, Ross, McQuarters, Dockery-5

FS - Demps, Butler-2 (McQuarters also contributing here and SS as he did last year)

SS- Wilson, Johnson,-2

K - who the hell knows -1

P- Feagles-1

LS-Keuhl-1

total 53

I thought Ross was a good return guy?

Overall I think your list is pretty accurate, but they are all the known-names plus draft picks. Some draft picks won't make it. Some UFDAs might shine. At the T position we are very weak in depth as your listing shows. I don't think we will carry 5 DTs and 4 DEs, more likely split 4/4. That extra spot could go to another T or a G.

I can tell you who will be on NEXT year's cuts:

Tom Coughlin

Gilbride.

They better be. I have ZERO confidence in the Giants doing anything positive this season. I have never seen such bullshit out of this team, so much fucking drama.

I remember when people used to complain about the lack of coverage the Giants get on national TV. We got plenty last year...<_<

You don't win with a coaching staff like ours. Also, our players dislike and most importantly don't respect our HC except for maybe a select few.

in depth order

QB - Manning, Lorenzen, Wright-3

Rb - Jacobs, Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw-4

FB - Finn-1

WR- Burress, Toomer, Smith, Moss, Tyree, Watts-6

TE- Shockey, Boss, Johnson-3

LT- Diehl, Whimper, Koets - 3

LG - Seubert -1

C- Ohara, Reugemer -2

RG - Snee-1

RT - McKenzie-1

DE- Strahan, Osi, Tuck, Awasom-4

DT - Robbins, Cofield, Joseph, Alford, Bell-5

WOLB - Mitchell, Wilkinson-2

MLB - Pierce, Blackburn-2

SOLB - Kiwinuka, Torbor, DeOssie-3

CB - Madison, Webster, Ross, McQuarters, Dockery-5

FS - Demps, Butler-2 (McQuarters also contributing here and SS as he did last year)

SS- Wilson, Johnson,-2

K - who the hell knows -1

P- Feagles-1

LS-Keuhl-1

total 53

I think they'll keep 9 OL instead of 8, although it's possible that they keep 8 if Whimper impresses and wins the starting job at LT (and Koets proves to be a serviceable back-up).

It's tough to envision Watts making the team. He's been a big disappointment as a pro. If the Giants keep 6 WRs -- which isn't a given -- I think Anthony Mix and Brandon Myles are the frontrunners for that spot.

That OL roster puts a shiver down my spine. I really hope that Whimper kid can step up and Diehl can return to LG, with Seubert backing up both G positions. If McKenzie gets hurt we're screwed.

You can pretty much say that with every team every year: If you lose a tackle, you're screwed.

On the positive side, if Whimper isn't starting, and McKenzie goes down, Whimper probably starts RT, which is where new Tackles usually start early on.

What gets really interesting is what do you do if Whimper is starting? Do you leave the new guy at LT, where he'll be working with a second-stringer on eli's blind side, and have Diehl at RT? Or move Whimper to Right Tackle and let Diehl and Seubert handle things on the blind side, since they've done it before?

Not sure Webster is going to step up as the second corner. I hope he can but we will see. This guy Ross is going to need work. I think McQuarters will be the 2 and Webster will play nickel.

The whimper thing is a joke. They said that stuff about him because they did not want to look like fools on the Monday after the draft. Look for us to either make a trade ( they have been talking to Cleveland supposedly ) or pick up a "cap casualty" veteran going into camp.

Not sure this kid Boss makes the team. Might wind up on the practice squad. He has very little experience and apparently has no idea how to block. Especially if we are stuck with Diehl at LT we will need a blocker as the #2 TE to help out along with Finn as the Hback I suppose.

Other than that it looks about right to me.

Not sure Webster is going to step up as the second corner. I hope he can but we will see. This guy Ross is going to need work. I think McQuarters will be the 2 and Webster will play nickel.

The whimper thing is a joke. They said that stuff about him because they did not want to look like fools on the Monday after the draft. Look for us to either make a trade ( they have been talking to Cleveland supposedly ) or pick up a "cap casualty" veteran going into camp.

Not sure this kid Boss makes the team. Might wind up on the practice squad. He has very little experience and apparently has no idea how to block. Especially if we are stuck with Diehl at LT we will need a blocker as the #2 TE to help out along with Finn as the Hback I suppose.

Geeez H, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :brooding:

can't be all sun and roses Nas. Of course we WANT every guy on the team to be a consensus pro bowler but one has to be realistic.

I know, H. I actually agree with everything you said.. but I'm hoping for the opposite.

The Whimper stuff is not a joke. They like him quite a lot, and they have been touting him since Luke's release. They certainly didn't draft him to sit on the bench, and he'll be given every opportunity to win the starting job. Any acquisition from there on out (and I'm not convinced a worthwhile veteran will become available) will be an insurance policy, not a solution.

As for Boss, I'm very certain he'll make the team. His athletic ability is too rare to sneak him onto the Practice Squad; someone else will claim him. I also wouldn't proclaim that he has no idea how to block, not without seeing him play. As for needing a blocker at TE, the Giants used Seubert and Ruegamer in that role last year with positive results.

The Whimper stuff is not a joke. They like him quite a lot, and they have been touting him since Luke's release. They certainly didn't draft him to sit on the bench, and he'll be given every opportunity to win the starting job. Any acquisition from there on out (and I'm not convinced a worthwhile veteran will become available) will be an insurance policy, not a solution.

As for Boss, I'm very certain he'll make the team. His athletic ability is too rare to sneak him onto the Practice Squad; someone else will claim him. I also wouldn't proclaim that he has no idea how to block, not without seeing him play. As for needing a blocker at TE, the Giants used Seubert and Ruegamer in that role last year with positive results.

Good points man. H, I think when the Giants release Luke, they knew what they had in Whimper. Also, let's wait and see what Boss can do.