1. San Francisco

2. Minnesota

3. Cleveland

Worst (the idiot names 4 teams):

1. New England

2. Philadelphia

3. Houston

4. NY Giants

WTF??? We address needs and get quality guys and this guy says we had a bad draft?? Go put some more gel in your hair you jackass.

Sorry, no links.... this is on the radio this morning.

Rates the 3 best and worst drafts:

Best:

1. San Francisco

2. Minnesota

3. Cleveland

1. New England

2. Philadelphia

3. Houston

4. NY Giants

WTF??? We address needs and get quality guys and this guy says we had a bad draft?? Go put some more gel in your hair you jackass.

1. He probably hasn't realize that Mathias Kiwanuka is being moved to linebacker

2. He doesn't realize the team likes Guy Whimper alot.

Rates the 3 best and worst drafts:

Best:

1. San Francisco

2. Minnesota

3. Cleveland

1. New England

2. Philadelphia

3. Houston

4. NY Giants

I don't understand why guys put so much stock in what this guy says? I mean shit, he can't possibly know what every team needs and what every team has in store.

Mel Kiper should come under the disclaimer: "For entertainment purposes only"

Kiper is an ESPN creation. Once a year they bring him out and blow him up. I was watching him mon the broadcast and he was yelling at guys on the set. Does he even bat 500 on these picks, no.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't even bat .250 with his picks.

The guy is an idiot....Every other site on the web sides ESPN gives the giants high marks...Seen nothing lower then a B and some sites gave us an A

who the fuck cares about mel kiper jr? seriously...and same goes for espn or whoever else. drafts on paper mean absoute shit for the most part. kiper and the crew were dogging us for not taking a lt. well, let me tell you something...if you can't get a blue chip ot then why waste a first or second round pick on one? i understand diehl isn't the answer, but we did take whimper last year. secondly, even the blue chip prospects like gallery and leonard davis don't work out a lot of the time. and what, we were supposed to take another lt just for the hell of it? what does that say about the whimper pick? even though, diehl isn't a long term solution, i do think he could play decent enough to hold us off for another year if he had to. this is where the "experts" are very wrong. they think they key to the g-men being successful is having a big time offense and eli turning into a prime time qb. while that would be nice, yeah, the reality is, if this team wants to do anything then we're gonna have to build a defense. that's the only way we are going to win.

who the fuck cares about mel kiper jr? seriously...and same goes for espn or whoever else. drafts on paper mean absoute shit for the most part. kiper and the crew were dogging us for not taking a lt. well, let me tell you something...if you can't get a blue chip ot then why waste a first or second round pick on one? i understand diehl isn't the answer, but we did take whimper last year. secondly, even the blue chip prospects like gallery and leonard davis don't work out a lot of the time. and what, we were supposed to take another lt just for the hell of it? what does that say about the whimper pick? even though, diehl isn't a long term solution, i do think he could play decent enough to hold us off for another year if he had to. this is where the "experts" are very wrong. they think they key to the g-men being successful is having a big time offense and eli turning into a prime time qb. while that would be nice, yeah, the reality is, if this team wants to do anything then we're gonna have to build a defense. that's the only way we are going to win.

Right on.

I don't think I've ever felt this good about any draft before.

I don't understand why guys put so much stock in what this guy says? I mean shit, he can't possibly know what every team needs and what every team has in store.

Mel Kiper should come under the disclaimer: "For entertainment purposes only"

Well put Nas :clap:

I agree here. Diehl is never going to knock Walters out of the pro-bowl, but he could be competent as a left tackle. His much-maligned foray into RT wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, and he actually looked OK at the end of that season, particularly since he was originally a guard.

If you put that Koets kid in as a blocking TE (I was joking in the other thread when I said that, but...), I think you provide Manning with decent protection on passing downs. That way, Whimper can keep getting ready to start by mid-season, and we get some production from a currently undersized tackle.

kiper sucks, i heard him all week on every radio show and besides loving jamarcus russell he couldnj't answer ONE question definitively. he refused to put his neck out there on anyone and then during the actual draft he loved every pick (except the obivously bad ones like ginn)

Miami passing on Quinn was just dumb. That franchise is so fucked up these last few years. They knew Harrington sucked and they knew Culpepper was hurt and they still went out and got them. Now they can't get rid of Culpepper. Beck better be the second coming.

From the video's I've seen on the players we chose I'm very happy... Ross runs great, covers great, and has alot of room for more... his only downside is that he bites on the pump fake, but he can and hopefully will adjust... I'm happy with Steve Smith in the 2nd, because we don't really know if Tommer will ever be 100% again, Moss didn't prove anything last year, and we lost Carter. And if I had my way Tyree will stay where he's at, and thats special teams. The running back we have Ahmad Bradshaw could be our next speed back if Ward doesn't prove anything. This guy got 1,523 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2006. That was a very pleasant pick IMO. Of course we don't know which of any of these guys are busts, but that's what pre-season and the regular season is for... I give Reese a B+, because I almost wanted to get a QB just in case Eli does prove this year he is a bust. Seriously if he doesn't improve his mechanics I want a new QB next year. I hate settleing for "average" at the QB position when you have the offensive core that we have

and miami had the worst draft. on top of the ginn pick they took two centers

I agree. How could they pass on Quinn? They have nothing & write it down Brady Quinn will be a great NFL QB. I like Russel too but I think Quinn is more ready to play in the NFL than anyone. Besides how many times do you throw the ball downfield 80 yards? And who are his receivers? Cleveland had a phenomenal draft IMO. Screw Kipers.

Who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway? I mean, here's a guy who criticizes everybody, whoever they take. He's got the answers to who you should take, to who you shouldn't take. He tells us about your team. He tells us about the Rams. He tells us about Tampa and everything else. In my knowledge of him, he's never even put on a jockstrap, he's never been a player, he's never been a coach, he's never been a scout, he's never been an administrator, and all of a sudden, he's an expert. He's in our paper two days ago, telling us who we have to take. We don't have to take anybody that Mel Kiper says we have to take. Mel Kiper has no more credentials to do what he's doing than my neighbor, and my neighbor's a postman and he doesn't even have season tickets to the NFL.

That sums it up for me about Mr. Kiper

I agree. How could they pass on Quinn? They have nothing & write it down Brady Quinn will be a great NFL QB. I like Russel too but I think Quinn is more ready to play in the NFL than anyone. Besides how many times do you throw the ball downfield 80 yards? And who are his receivers? Cleveland had a phenomenal draft IMO. Screw Kipers.

Don't you get it? They passed on Quinn because the Dolphins are getting Trent Green! Duh!!! :)

...and anyway ever since Devin Hester (I hate him) did what he did last year. The new fad is to get a player like him (see Ginn). Ask Mel Kiper.