SportsWrath

Rate the first draft by J.Reese

US Patriot

I know squat about the guy, but isn't getting many INTs a good thing?

Especially coming to a team where the last guy who could consistently intercept passes (Sehorn) was in reality a FS playing as CB. It may be that he freelances too much and needs to bone up on technique; but I will take someone with instincts and nose for the ball over a technique guy any day. We dropped some easy coast to coast interceptions over the past 3 years.

Neg:

Tends to play soft coverage and gives up a lot of underneath receptions. Shows hesitation to his game and has trouble staying with receivers out of their breaks.

Just what we need, another corner playing soft coverage.

Tim Lewis played soft coverage by choice last year, he just naturally sucks at it. Tim Lewis was a nitwit and I

expect the Carolina Panthers secondary to completely blow this year, dropped interceptions, missed tackles,

broken assignments, Lewis will be fired by October.

Tim Lewis played soft coverage by choice last year, he just naturally sucks at it. Tim Lewis was a nitwit and I

expect the Carolina Panthers secondary to completely blow this year, dropped interceptions, missed tackles,

broken assignments, Lewis will be fired by October.

How much does the secondary have to do with the way they perform anyway?

I'm very curious to know that... in that case, Spagnola is gonna suck because the LBs in philly were awful.

How much does the secondary have to do with the way they perform anyway?

I'm very curious to know that... in that case, Spagnola is gonna suck because the LBs in philly were awful.

It was an expression dude, but I do expect Lewis to be fire by October, he just plain blows.

I give him a B

Would have been B+ had he not taken the weak OT.

Ross was a great pick, he'll fill 2 holes(CB, PR) immediately.

Smith was another good pick. Will be very interesting to see him and Moss on the same field.

Alford is an exceptional pick. He's a player with heart and will go full bore.

DeOssie is a good pick. With his size and speed, I think we got a steal.

Boss is so/so. He can turn into something really special though, if he adds size.

Koets was a horrible pick. bottom line.

Johnson. Probably the best pick of the draft, just because where we landed him. 7th round, get out of here. He's a 3rd round talent.

Last pick???

He's 6-6 250. How much bigger do you want him? lol I do really like him though, the visions of 2 TE sets who can both catch has me excited.

In all honesty I think the potential of this offense is unreal. 4 WR's who do things differently but very well. 2 TE's who xcan make plays. 2 power runners and the makings of a decent o line. I really want Whimper to develope, if he does our oline will be great.

As for the draft, i could nit pick, but overall i think it went well, there's 3 players at least who can make an imediate impact somewhere on the team, possibly 4. And 2 really talented projects.

I'll give it a B as well.

You really are dumb.

Stop doing drugs.

no ur the dumbass...just watch him play a game first buddy and stop going by what you read on some website

trust me he will get many INTS...but will get beat MANY times too

Neg:

Tends to play soft coverage and gives up a lot of underneath receptions. Shows hesitation to his game and has trouble staying with receivers out of their breaks.

Just what we need, another corner playing soft coverage.

thankyou

no ur the dumbass...just watch him play a game first buddy and stop going by what you read on some website

thankyou

Thanks Jerry Reese Jr, do you work for any professional team?

thankyou

Let me guess, you saw 2 games Aaron Ross played in and saw him get beat and I'm willing

to bet one of them was against Ohio State last year.

dont think you have seen or else you would know what kind of player he is

No, I'll be quite honest I have never seen him play in a game so I am going on what the

scouts say. I'm pretty sure they know more than you or I. Going on an educated guess though.

No, I'll be quite honest I have never seen him play in a game so I am going on what the

scouts say. I'm pretty sure they know more than you or I. Going on an educated guess though.

Um, I hate to tell you this, but ask Nesta about him.

he is a guy who will make some plays

but he is gonna get beat alot of play too...he just is

That's not true. Trotter is a mediocre linebacker who makes the Pro Bowl every year because of scheming (how well did he do in Washington? And that was with Marvin Lewis as DC).

Every time there's a castoff LB from Philly, they suck with their new team (Trotter, Emmons, etc.). It seems to me like Spags gets more out of less.

I fully expect career seasons from Pierce and Mitchell.

I give him a B-, but it's useless to grade at this point.

I don't agree with the use of the 20th pick on Ross.

The pick of Smith I like.

DeOssie I like. Alford could be real interesting if he can bulk up and still be quick.

Boss, if he stays healthy, sounds like a good pick.

Koets sounds like a smart and productive/healthy guy.

OMG I wrote an absolute novel and replied to this topic, and it didn't go through and I lost everything. That sucks. I will do it again but not now. Bottom line, I give Reese a C-, would've taken Joe Staley in the first, and the rest I will tell you why at another time. IMO, we did get some good players, but our draft could've been much better and I will elaborate and show you what could have been had the Giants prioritized their picks better.