SportsWrath

Rate the first draft by J.Reese

US Patriot

I would like to see what all of the members who have been following the draft on this board think. I believe our members are true blue Giant fans and want nothing more than a team that contests for and wins the Super Bowl.

My opinion, we probably won't compete for the ultimate title next year. The picks made by Mr. Reese will pay off for us in 2 years. Of course that depends on significant improvement in coaching, game planning and the skillls of our franchise (?) quarterback. I thank all who will reply. :worshippy:

I would like to see what all of the members who have been following the draft on this board think. I believe our members are true blue Giant fans and want nothing more than a team that contests for and wins the Super Bowl.

My opinion, we probably won't compete for the ultimate title next year. The picks made by Mr. Reese will pay off for us in 2 years. Of course that depends on significant improvement in coaching, game planning and the skillls of our franchise (?) quarterback. I thank all who will reply. :worshippy:

Micmac, I'm sorry that I forgot that you are a board member but a Skins fan. I still would like your opinion on our draft and, maybe, you would offer your feelings on the few draft picks of the Redskins.

I give him a B

Would have been B+ had he not taken the weak OT.

Ross was a great pick, he'll fill 2 holes(CB, PR) immediately.

Smith was another good pick. Will be very interesting to see him and Moss on the same field.

Alford is an exceptional pick. He's a player with heart and will go full bore.

DeOssie is a good pick. With his size and speed, I think we got a steal.

Boss is so/so. He can turn into something really special though, if he adds size.

Koets was a horrible pick. bottom line.

Johnson. Probably the best pick of the draft, just because where we landed him. 7th round, get out of here. He's a 3rd round talent.

Last pick???

I give him a B

Would have been B+ had he not taken the weak OT.

Ross was a great pick, he'll fill 2 holes(CB, PR) immediately.

Smith was another good pick. Will be very interesting to see him and Moss on the same field.

Alford is an exceptional pick. He's a player with heart and will go full bore.

DeOssie is a good pick. With his size and speed, I think we got a steal.

Boss is so/so. He can turn into something really special though, if he adds size.

Koets was a horrible pick. bottom line.

Johnson. Probably the best pick of the draft, just because where we landed him. 7th round, get out of here. He's a 3rd round talent.

Last pick???

agreed on all counts.

itd be a nice cap off if we can land walker.

love all the first day picks, as they all can come in and contribute right away, and also have good upside too. i see each of those three getting significant playing time this year.

i have a problem with the linebacker we took in the 4th. he's very raw, and came from a small school, so it's going to be a few years before he can contribute to the defense. Is reese confident with our linebackers? maybe he still thinks he can get Al Wilson still?

a 2nd TE was needed, hopefully they can teach this DII kid to block... he should be a good threat on offense.

I like what i read about the Tackle we took in the 6th. the safety we took in the seventh round will compete with stone, butler, and bell for an 8th or 9th secondary spot. competition always helps

i think we're going to see a lot of Steve Smith this year, and that DT is going to develop into a starter eventually. Ross too

This was a solid draft all the way round. I'm a little bummed at no linebacker in the first and when you look back at it perhaps they could have traded down for Ross. But all the positions got covered and it looks like some of the later rounds we could have some sleepers. I'll say a B.

Micmac, I'm sorry that I forgot that you are a board member but a Skins fan. I still would like your opinion on our draft and, maybe, you would offer your feelings on the few draft picks of the Redskins.

Micmac? :LMAO:

I think you meant Mikmak.

But yeah I'm very happy with the guys we drafted especially after hearing about Kiwi @ LB. LT is our only need but who knows.. maybe whimper is ready.

I liked the first 2 picks..Think they bring depth and play making ability. 3rd...Not sure what to think on this one...Dont realy know much about him besides he is a good rusher....Here I will have to give Reese the benifit of the doute....Reese was the reason for Osi & KIwa so the guy doese know good pass rushers when he see them....4th on...Got good value...I like DeOssie..Dont know much about the rest but from what Iv read they were goo choices...Over all I have to give this draft an big A

It looks like our picks have potential, but we haven't even had rookie camp yet.

I like our second round pick, because we need WR's, and frankly I think we were sold a bill of goods with Moss. I hope not, though.

I really like the DeOssie pick as well, he could provide some real workman-like ability in the LB crew, will probably open an additional roster spot down the road, and you can't ask for more with a 4th.

Ironically, considering we are moving Kiwi, we might have considered a DE, though. But there were no real head-scratchers this draft.

This was a solid draft all the way round. I'm a little bummed at no linebacker in the first and when you look back at it perhaps they could have traded down for Ross. But all the positions got covered and it looks like some of the later rounds we could have some sleepers. I'll say a B.

I may up that to a B+ DeOssie was an absolute gift. He is big, smart and the fastest LB taken in the draft. He'll contribute right away on special teams and challenge for the long snapper job. Bradshaw & Johnson were solid late round picks. Ross is a big time Corner and hits like a bigger man. Other than the 3 pick and Koets I thought we were an A.

I was a bit dissapointed with the first round pick. Their was a solid lt in staley still on the board and instead we take Ross, a corner with questionable catch up speed?

smith should be solid.

Alford will be good and fills a need. These dts take time to develop though

deossie. I love the pick. probably because I always liked "beach ball". Smart is good at lb though and this guy has some size and speed on him. he will contribute right away on coverage teams and as long snapper and can probably develop as a good ss lb. he has the size and speed to jam and cover tes

the te boss is a huge dissapointment to me. If we where going to take a te we should have gotten one that can block. Diehl is going to need help. Sincre they passed on Staley in rd 1 they should have looked for a blocker here

koets is going to the practice squad

the rb in the 7th could turn out to be a great pick. we needed a guy like that and they are saying if he played his sr year he would have gone much higher

overall i would say c- / d+